Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Fifa)
    Know any more animes based on Egyptian or Greek Mythology?

(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Surprisingly few (that I know of)... a small number take some inspiration from them, e.g. Saint Seiya from Greece, or Yu-Gi-Oh! from Egypt. Then there's Korokoro Pollon, but you won't find English subs for that beyond the first episode. The only other thing that springs to mind is Tezuka's Cleopatra... which the US licensing company subtitled 'Queen of Sex', just as a warning. :p:
    But what about this season's Kamigami no Asobi!? It has managed to combine Greek, Norse, Egyptian and Japanese gods with that most high-brow of genres - the multi-coloured bishie fluff reverse harem!

There's also the delightfully terribad Hermes - Winds of Love movie, and Arion (which I haven't actually seen).
    Ullysses 31 is based on Homer's The Odyssey .

Generally stuff based on Greek / Roman / Egyptian mythology isn't the best.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I took to Facebook to ask for other suggestions, because I knew there HAD to be more than what Cara and I first posted. Forgot about Unico, and moving away slightly from mythology and onto Ancient Greek-themes in general, we came up with Hashire! Melos and Alexander Senki. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, I'm SociallyAwkward, but please feel free to call me anything non-offensive.

(Original post by Tai Ga)
    omg Ao Haru Ride :woo: one of my fave shoujo
    YES. I didn't like it at first- (Maybe because I found the drawings a bit weird :/ ) But I really like it now. <3

ReputationRep:
    Been watching Samurai Champloo & Girls und Panzer. Finding Girls und Panzer a lot more enjoyable which makes me question my taste in anime.

ReputationRep:
    Was meant to watch the hellsing OVA's is it worth it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys;

Well, I watched the first episode of K a few weeks back but kinda left it for a while.
    Before I watch the second episode, is the anime any good?

ReputationRep:
    I took to Facebook to ask for other suggestions, because I knew there HAD to be more than what Cara and I first posted. Forgot about Unico, and moving away slightly from mythology and onto Ancient Greek-themes in general, we came up with Hashire! Melos and Alexander Senki. :p:

(Original post by caraniel)
    But what about this season's Kamigami no Asobi!? It has managed to combine Greek, Norse, Egyptian and Japanese gods with that most high-brow of genres - the multi-coloured bishie fluff reverse harem!

There's also the delightfully terribad Hermes - Winds of Love movie, and Arion (which I haven't actually seen).
    Ullysses 31 is based on Homer's The Odyssey .

Generally stuff based on Greek / Roman / Egyptian mythology isn't the best.
    Thanks, Ill check some of them out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    Was meant to watch the hellsing OVA's is it worth it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd say so, I saw the original and it was pretty good, yet the OVA is about an hour long each, it's in my list and I still need to finish the last episode after about a year XD.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    The OVA is good.

ReputationRep:
    haven't been watching much anime even though I've finished my exams cos of the World Cup Wimbledon starts next week :yeah: been keeping up with Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou, that rabbit show, DB Kai and mangaka-san, all have been pretty enjoyable :yes: going to go back to No Game No Life and might give Black Bullet a go as I enjoyed the first few minutes of it :beard:

ReputationRep:
    OHHHHH YEAAAAAAHHHHHH~!!!
    Ping Pong is SOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOD
    The ending of an anime has a huge impact on how I rate the show. And that was an absolutely perfect, fantastic ending. I don't know if it would be correct to really call it a 'sports' show since it doesn't focus on the technical aspects. But it does take a really good look at all the drama, fun and responsibility that is involved in investing oneself in a sport.
    This anime made me feel so incredibly happy and it is just so good in so many ways.

Also I loved this in the final ep (not-really-a-spoiler)
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    haven't been watching much anime even though I've finished my exams cos of the World Cup Wimbledon starts next week :yeah: been keeping up with Boku no Pico, that rabbit show, DB Kai and mangaka-san, all have been pretty enjoyable :yes: going to go back to No Game No Life and might give Black Bullet a go as I enjoyed the first few minutes of it :beard:
    Maybe you should watch Nodame Cantible like I asked you to 5 years ago :unimpressed:

Also you watch some questionable stuff :shock:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Also you watch some questionable stuff :shock:
    :ditto: That rabbit show, Euge, what are you thinking? :no: :p:

ReputationRep:
    Long time no see AJ. Good to see you are still kicking around on TSR after nearly a decade :shock:

What is this 'rabbit show'? I don't watch much anime these days.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Long time no see AJ. Good to see you are still kicking around on TSR after nearly a decade :shock:

What is this 'rabbit show'? I don't watch much anime these days.
    Long time no see indeed, and welcome back! Yeah, I can't quite believe how long I've been on TSR... slightly longer than I've been an anime fan. :zomg:

The rabbit show is Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?, one of the Spring season offerings which is due to end soon. I only watched the first episode, but it looks like a standard 'cute girls doing cute things' slice of life show. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Long time no see indeed, and welcome back! Yeah, I can't quite believe how long I've been on TSR... slightly longer than I've been an anime fan. :zomg:

The rabbit show is Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?, one of the Spring season offerings which is due to end soon. I only watched the first episode, but it looks like a standard 'cute girls doing cute things' slice of life show. :p:
    Thank you Nearly 2015....a decade

I just watched a few minutes of a random episode :nooo: Well I guess I can see why you can fall asleep watching to it Euge...

ReputationRep:
    so im hooked on Gokukoku no Brynhildr, loving the survival aspects of it, has a Mirai Nikki vibe to it, just marathoned through the first 6 eps :mmm:

(Original post by Keoje)
    Maybe you should watch Nodame Cantible like I asked you to 5 years ago :unimpressed:
    yeah erm i'll get to that..

one day :ninja:

that Tippy though :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone please provide a translation/script please?

ReputationRep:
    Excellent! I look forward to your efforts every season. Even better that i'm actually bothering with this season.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Lt93)

Oh my gosh, my childhood show is back :O. I'm anticipating this . One thing that's bugging me is the art. They made the bodies so thin!!

Who's excited for this? most probably me XD
    Definitely looking forward to this remake. Oh, the nostalgia.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.