Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    These update posts are always fun to read!
    Aha, thanks. Likewise, I'm normally lurking and reading your posts throughout the week. :yes:

Glad to hear you're liking Sidonia no Kishi, as it does seem to have been overlooked by a lot of people (likely due to the animation, I'd assume). They're certainly squeezing a lot of material into each episode... though I reckon they'll only be about half way through the existing manga material by the end of the series, so I'm hoping for a sequel. :yes:
    Yeah, hopefully there'll be a sequel.

Personally, I'm finding that Blade and Soul is getting better each week! The animation and pacing are still all over the place, and the plot and scripts have never been spectacular, but I like the darker tone of the more recent episodes. :evil:
    Hmm, perhaps I was being a bit harsh with my prior post. Need to play a bit of catchup with this one as I missed last week's episode.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr is really starting to lose my interest, for reasons already stated - yesterday's 10th episode didn't help in the slightest. :no:
    I actually stopped watching this after the third episode and then decided randomly to marathon through those I missed, which helped to regain my interest in the series. Going to watch the latest episode in a bit.

I agree that Black Bullet is variable. The first arc set a high standard that the rest of the series hasn't managed to live up to, IMO. Don't quite understand why it's so popular.
    I like the premise, if nothing else. I agree that the anime had a strong start with the first arc, despite the rushed ending. Still, with the events in the latest episode, I'm intrigued again to see what'll happen next.

On the subject of unintelligably popular anime, I should mention that I've given in to peer pressure and picked up No Game No Life again (an ex-president of Aberanime literally pleaded with me to watch it, so what was I supposed to do!? :zomg:). The 8th and 9th episodes were good, I'll admit, but seeing as I was alternating between angry and bored stiff throughout the first half of the series, it still has a lot of work to do. [EDIT] Oh, and if anyone here checks my blog's weekly rankings, don't expect to see NGNL there. I feel it's a bit late in the season to be throwing yet another series into the mix.
    Haha, different strokes for different folks, I guess. No Game No Life still remains one of my favourites of the season. I can understand where you're coming from though, with the fan service. It's very, um, "out there", but that's partly why I like it. It adds to its charm.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Ok, I guess it's worth highlighting Selector Infected WIXOSS now that the first season has finished because it's probably the biggest surprise of the season for me. I went into this anime not expecting a great deal and even after watching the opening episode, I wasn't entirely convinced I'd keep it on. In fact, I stopped watching it for a few weeks and then played catchup. However, after I reached the sixth episode, I came to realise how dark and sinister this anime is. And once the plot unravelled, I started to appreciate the concept behind the series.

So, I'm glad that a second season is on the cards (no pun intended), and so soon too. Definitely something I'll be picking up when it airs.

ReputationRep:
    Akuma no Riddle's ending was so anti-climactic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Hey Guys;

Well, I watched the first episode of K a few weeks back but kinda left it for a while.
    Before I watch the second episode, is the anime any good?
    It's fun and pretty but I wouldn't say it's amazing - I mean, I certainly enjoyed it, but don't go into it expecting too much in the way of thought-provoking content or exceptional storytelling. On the other hand there's a lot of ho yay, which is nice if you're into that sort of thing
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    It's such a shame that Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou has ended. It really could have done with another 12 episodes or so to develop the relationship further of the two leads. Nonetheless, easily one of the standouts of the season for me.

As mentioned in a previous post, the balance between the romance and comedy was handled really well. I found myself laughing consistently with each episode, and the romance was endearing and adorable to watch.

The animation would dip from time to time, especially during the comedic scenes when they reverted to a simplified character design, but this wasn't a major issue given the genre of the series.

I suppose, above all else, the characters at Kawai Complex made the show for me. The dynamic was highly reminiscent of Maison Ikkoku, one of my favourite romance series. All in all, definitely something I enjoyed watching each week and here's to hoping a second season will be green lit. There's more than enough manga material.

ReputationRep:
    Wow that epsiode of mekakucity actors was great although it didnt really make it any more clear it was a great episode nonetheless.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I caught up with Haikyuu!! yesterday and i ended up enjoying it alot :'D i think i prefer this over free!

also started no game no life, i sort of like it so far, but the main characters get on my nerves (sora and shiro), i'm not quite sure why
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I finally finished reading Elemental Gelade! :zomg: I started it in 2007 the first time around (back in the days of the very first TSR Anime Soc thread... when my manga collection more or less fit on one shelf), before taking a break of a few years after Tokyopop went bust, then re-purchasing it in full for Kindle this year.

I'm glad to say that after a shaky start, the series really got good after a few volumes, and lived up to the nostalgia. The last third of the series, which was all new to me, was also fantastic... right up until the rushed, anti-climactic ending, but I'm used to that in manga and anime. :sigh: Overall, my thoughts on Erementar Gerade remain positive, and I'll certainly consider picking up the side story when it ends. :yes:

Will be picking up Superior to replace it on my manga list, but as this series is completely new to me, I'll have to rely on the anime adaptation of Asagiri no Miko (the manga was another Tokyopop victim) to fill the nostalgia gap. :giggle:

[EDIT] Just realised I switched from 'Elemental' to 'Erementar' part-way through the post... I'll leave it, it seems oddly appropriate. :p:

Pretty sure I've watched every TV series I want to and was considering starting to watch anime. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good first series?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BBeyond)
    Pretty sure I've watched every TV series I want to and was considering starting to watch anime. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good first series?
    Any particular genre? :beard:

(Original post by Keoje)
    Any particular genre? :beard:
    Any, I quite like action, comedy and horror though so pretty much anything I guess

ReputationRep:
    Any, I quite like action, comedy and horror though so pretty much anything I guess
    I'm a stranger to anime these days but I think I can help :ahee:

Comedy - Hataraku Maou-Sama!
    Horror - Deadman Wonderland
    Action - Sword Art Online

(Original post by Keoje)
    I'm a stranger to anime these days but I think I can help :ahee:

Comedy - Hataraku Maou-Sama!
    Horror - Deadman Wonderland
    Action - Sword Art Online
    Thank you, I'll check these out!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Never knew this place had an Anime Society :drool: :gah:

ReputationRep:
    Assassination Classroom is getting an anime & a live action movie in 2015. It's been doing really well for Shueisha so I think they're trying to push it to be the next big thing.

ReputationRep:
    So this happened last night.......didn't realise I was that close!
    Name:  Caraniel's Anime List - Anime-Planet 2014-06-23 22-47-13.png
Views: 132
Size:  30.2 KB

Recommended starter anime:
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    Death Note
    Attack on Titan
    Baccano!
    Cowboy Bebop
    Code Geass
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by caraniel)
    Congrats! :party:

I'm keeping close tabs on my life spent on anime; I got the 6, 7 and 8 month badges on the 23rd of January in 2012, '13 and '14 respectively, so the date is now officially 'x months of anime GET day'. :giggle: Half way through the year, and I just passed the 2 week point, so I'm easily on target.

(Original post by caraniel)

Recommended starter anime:
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    Death Note
    Attack on Titan
    Baccano!
    Cowboy Bebop
    Code Geass
    I've heard a lot about deathnote, I'll probably check that out soon, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Catching up with Angel Beats, it's been on my watch list for a while and it's really good!

ReputationRep:
    I saw that the first volume of Love Live!'s 2nd season had the best opening week sales of any TV anime ever so I decided to see what made it so popular & I like it. It's pretty much just another cute girls do cute things show but it makes me smile. The Android/iOS game is pretty fun for a free game as well.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.