Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knowing)
    Yup, saw it after watching pewdiepie made a video series of the game version of it so much blood and weird deaths :lol:

Only anime I've ever cried at was Clannad AS and got a lil teary over one ep. of naruto shippuden [reason:]
    Spoiler:
    Show
    the episode about naruto's parents and finding out how and why they died

Other ones which were sad, but I didn't cry at (because I'm heartless) were Angel Beats, AnoHana, Air, Clannad(not AS), FMA, Little Busters!, Kanon, Gosick(surprisingly).

And of course the saddest feeling is finishing an anime where you fall in love with all the characters and knowing you'll probably never get another season
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Kokoro Connect, Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu
    Naruto's parents story also makes me cry AND Sasuke and Itachi's story omg whyyyy ;_;

I've heard about Anohana and seen AMV's about it and it looks so sad so i think i'll just be upsetting myself by watching it haha.

I know that's the worst, especially when there's no more manga!!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here watching Haikyuu!!? (Not shouting, I swear hahahha.) This anime just makes me so happy, oh gooooddnnnesssss.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by sasunerd)
    Anyone here watching Haikyuu!!? (Not shouting, I swear hahahha.) This anime just makes me so happy, oh gooooddnnnesssss.
    Yes! It has got some great characters, and has given me plenty of laughs, though unfortunately it's been overshadowed a bit by rival sport anime Yowamushi Pedal for me (helps that Yowapeda has had two seasons extra to build up its characters, and that competitive racing is a fair bit more exciting to watch than volleyball IMO).

ReputationRep:
    Just finished One Week Friends (Isshuukan Friends) which is cute and heart-warming to watch Coolest thing about it was that it was based on real life locations! (Really detailed too) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USh8T_cEAlg

ReputationRep:
    omfg everything's finishing :cry2: This is why I can't deal with the end of anime seasons.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Tai Ga)
    omfg everything's finishing :cry2: This is why I can't deal with the end of anime seasons.
    :ditto:

I've gotten used to having 7-8 new episodes to watch on Sundays, but today all I've got is one episode of Haikyuu!! :zomg: At least I'm not short on other, older series to watch instead.

ReputationRep:
    Seem to be on my own, but I'm damn glad this season is over - so many forgettable shows with only a handful standing out in any memorable way. Bring on the fujoshi-bait summer, at least the shows look sufficiently ridiculous to be entertaining!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I'm really glad Sidonia no Kishi is getting a second season. Definitely one of the better series I've seen in a while.

Going to finish Brynhildr before bed. Work tomorrow. :sad:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I think the ending of Gokukoku no Brynhildr was the worst single anime episode I've seen in a long, LONG time. Think it's dropped about 200 ranks on A-P in the short while since it aired. :p: From what I've heard, they crammed over 60 chapters of the manga into the last two episodes, which would explain a lot.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    Sped read 1/2 Prince in the last few days like it.
    Turns out the manga I was looking for some time ago is called Kara no Teikoku.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Aiko)

Going to finish Brynhildr before bed. Work tomorrow. :sad:
    Hehe. That's the name of my world in Final Fantasy 14.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I think the ending of Gokukoku no Brynhildr was the worst single anime episode I've seen in a long, LONG time. Think it's dropped about 200 ranks on A-P in the short while since it aired. :p: From what I've heard, they crammed over 60 chapters of the manga into the last two episodes, which would explain a lot.
    Damn. And I had my hopes up for that anime. Oh well, gotta finish it. Can't leave it unwatched.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tai Ga)
    I think I've watched over 350-400 series in the past

You can't feel if you don't watch anything anymore :proud:

ReputationRep:
    Just saw episode 135 of Hunter x Hunter 2011...which I somehow missed last week doh
    Spoiler:
    Show

The ending between the King and Komugi :sad: I've read the manga but the animated version :cry2:

Dem feels :bawling:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Free! Eternal Summer is out, and so begins the new anime season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Free! Eternal Summer is out, and so begins the new anime season.
    Oh yisss :colone:
    How do anime seasons work?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by brownsugar-xx)
    How do anime seasons work?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    The vast majority of TV anime series start airing at the same, predictable times of the year (either in early January, April, July or October), and shows that are ending usually do so a week or two before then. It's just the way the program slots work in Japan. :yes:

I put together a thread on all the new series starting in this (the Summer) season, if you're interested. Everything there should start in the next week or two.

ReputationRep:
    In a way I am glad I don't usually have much time for anime, it means there is so much for me to watch when I get down to it

So I stalled 2 shows before I finally moved onto a third and got hooked, currently watching fairy tail.

ReputationRep:
    Summer season confirmed for fujoshi heaven - Bakumatsu Rock & Free! Eternal Summer kicking off the season in style.

Wednesdays are immediately x100 better!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuuki)
    In a way I am glad I don't usually have much time for anime, it means there is so much for me to watch when I get down to it

So I stalled 2 shows before I finally moved onto a third and got hooked, currently watching fairy tail.
    Been a while Yuuki :hi: Good to see you still around watching anime :five:

I might going back to my anime days soon :moon: The Fairy Tail crew are funny to watch :mmm:

(Original post by caraniel)
    Summer season confirmed for fujoshi heaven - Bakumatsu Rock & Free! Eternal Summer kicking off the season in style.

Wednesdays are immediately x100 better!
    I need to get back into anime mode soon. I only have Tuesdays to look forward to. Hunter x Hunter :puppyeyes:

I updated my signature to hopefully reel in some n00bs. Hope Juno doesn't eat them :mmm:

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.