(Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    Do you watch anime with subtitles or with english audio description

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Subtitles and Japanese audio, wherever possible. :yes:

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Depends on how good the dub is really, some of the newer shows that are being dubbed suffice, yet some of the older ones I always watch subbed as the dub is horrendous.

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys think you'll reach a stage where you will 'grow out' of anime?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I prefer sub.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Yuuki)
    When so much of it is aimed at older audiences to begin with, I strongly doubt it. :nah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuuki)
    Anime has been a great part of my life so far and despite currently not watching much as a result of university workload and other things. I think I'll swing back into anime one day. Love shounen series too much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    When so much of it is aimed at older audiences to begin with, I strongly doubt it. :nah:
    Which ones are aimed at older audiences out of curiosity? I thought they were mostly aimed at teenagers and young adults.

Edit: Just realised that the anime I have watched are for younger audiences which explains why I thought that.

(Original post by Keoje)
    Anime has been a great part of my life so far and despite currently not watching much as a result of university workload and other things. I think I'll swing back into anime one day. Love shounen series too much
    That's pretty much me in the academic year, it's a good thing I have summer to catch up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuuki)
    Which ones are aimed at older audiences out of curiosity? I thought they were mostly aimed at teenagers and young adults.

Edit: Just realised that the anime I have watched are for younger audiences which explains why I thought that.

:hahaha: you silly billy:hmmm:

but yeah what usually happens is your taste changes, and you have less free time for stuff.:sadnod:

I for example some years ago stopped caring for every other series set in a school where the main bland guy sits next to the window 2 seats from the back and nothing happens.:indiff:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    The final episode of Blade & Soul was, um, unexpected. :giggle: All in all, not a bad series. Not something I'd consider watching again, though.

As for the new season, I haven't had the opportunity to watch anything yet because I've been pretty busy this weekend. Will try to catch a few opening episodes before I hit the sack.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Aiko)
    The final episode of Blade & Soul was, um, unexpected. :giggle: All in all, not a bad series. Not something I'd consider watching again, though.
    Yeah, I was worried when the show decided to go on for another episode after wrapping up its story, but it gave me a good laugh.

ReputationRep:
    I'm watching katekyo hitman Reborn.So,the first few episodes are pretty good.But,on facebook anime groups,I occasionally see Tsuna being compared to Naruto,luffy and ichigo.So far(7 epis.),Tsuna is nowhere near as awesome as them.But,does the show get better?Will Tsuna later become a protagonist as good as the likes of the above mentioned?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economist2)
    I'm watching katekyo hitman Reborn.So,the first few episodes are pretty good.But,on facebook anime groups,I occasionally see Tsuna being compared to Naruto,luffy and ichigo.So far(7 epis.),Tsuna is nowhere near as awesome as them.But,does the show get better?Will Tsuna later become a protagonist as good as the likes of the above mentioned?
    I'd say Tsuna remains pretty consistent but develops as a character over the course of the series so you'd admire him now and then when he shows his serious self.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economist2)
    He gets better. Like A LOT better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tai Ga)
    He gets better. Like A LOT better.
    around which episodes? currently I have dloaded till ep. 33

ReputationRep:
    Im really behind anime seasons these days, did not know more sao was coming, and then ..gundam-san? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Finally finished Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood Its the first long(ish) series i've finished excluding the childhood anime which i've seen too many times. If a 64 episode series can hold my attention then it has truely earnt the top spot on MAL/AP. As a series it very few major flaws, the start is a bit slow but otherwise its fine. A juicy 4/5 on AP!

Also finished Black Lagoon tonight, that too hasn't disappointed me really. Now its time to crack on with the season

ReputationRep:
    Nothing really grabbing me from the current season in terms of anime. SAO II will probably get watched at some point but all it makes me think is that the infinitely superior Log Horizon is back next season.

Happy to hear Gangsta. is getting an anime though as I've loved the first two volumes of the manga that Viz has released.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuuki)

I prefer sub.
    There's been times where I've gone months without watching anything (Like right now) but no I don't think I'll ever grow out of anime.

ReputationRep:
    Currently alternating between episodes of Free! and Love Live! season 2. Loving both of them.

Had a closer look at the summer season & think I'm going to be trying SAO II, Sabagebu!, Free! Eternal Summer, Zankyou no Terror, Glasslip & Aldnoah.Zero.

ReputationRep:
    Aldnoah Zero interested me with its first episode Rail Wars on the other hand seemed to be a let down in my eyes. Alas i'll probably watch both!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.