Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Zankyou no terror looks promising. I was waiting for one of the characters to be called eleven :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brownsugar-xx)
    I've tried watching FMA but like you said the start is kinda slow so i ended up leaving it. I need to get motivated to watch it because i'm sure i'll like it.

Black Lagoon is one of my favourite animes :sogood: i love it! Speaking of which does anyone know any anime similar to Black Lagoon? I watched Jormungand recently which is similar and it's a brilliant anime, so sad there's no more

I'm currently in the middle of watching the Rebirth of Evangelion but i get so lazy. I'm on the 2nd movie.

Anyone still keeping up with Naruto manga?
    The start is the most off putting part. The story/characters aren't great (yet) but it is needed if you can get to the 15/20 episode mark it gets a lot better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tai Ga)
    Zankyou no terror looks promising. I was waiting for one of the characters to be called eleven :teehee:
    Is this another one of them yaoi series you love so much? :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)

Nah it's the Shinichiro Watanabe / Yoko Kanno collaboration with the phenomenal budget and interesting take on terrorism. Most hyped show of the season and off to an impressive start!

There is a lot of gay this season though.......I'm having a lot of fun
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    So, Anime-Planet's new look just rolled out. Thoughts, from those who use it?

Personally, I'm struggling with the fact that the graphs are now vertical. :zomg: And it's a bit blindingly white. It'll certainly take some getting used to... it seems faster, though. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)

No But there's lots of fujoshi material out right now, so I'm pretty satisfied

Have you taken up any new series this season?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraniel)
    Nah it's the Shinichiro Watanabe / Yoko Kanno collaboration with the phenomenal budget and interesting take on terrorism. Most hyped show of the season and off to an impressive start!

There is a lot of gay this season though.......I'm having a lot of fun
    Cowboy Bebop :teeth: I'll have to give it a try then. My first steps

Reason why I said yaoi is because Tai Gai has mentioned questionable things before :mmm:

(Original post by Tai Ga)
    No But there's lots of fujoshi material out right now, so I'm pretty satisfied

Have you taken up any new series this season?
    I don't wanna know what fujoshi material means :indiff:

SAO2 so far. I've yet to go back to my old habits...
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)

Personally, I'm struggling with the fact that the graphs are now vertical. :zomg: And it's a bit blindingly white. It'll certainly take some getting used to... it seems faster, though. :yes:
    Looks quite nice and gives the whole site a new fresh look to it. I prefer this over the old one

ReputationRep:

I think it looks really cool. A lot more professional looking .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    I think it looks really cool. A lot more professional looking .

Its a good look, though the old signature with the pic isnt there. Oh well I guess the header pic serves the same purpose. I think the main site page could do with just a bit more of personalisation to make the site stand out a bit.:beard: They used to have that long pic based on your theme.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by vin)
    Its a good look, though the old signature with the pic isnt there. Oh well I guess the header pic serves the same purpose. I think the main site page could do with just a bit more of personalisation to make the site stand out a bit.:beard: They used to have that long pic based on your theme.
    I've read in the forum notes about the new look that they're not planning on introducing series/character themes any more. Though they are planning to let users change colour settings eventually, which is better than nothing I guess.

ReputationRep:
    I've read in the forum notes about the new look that they're not planning on introducing series/character themes any more. Though they are planning to let users change colour settings eventually, which is better than nothing I guess.
    Holy crap, what have they done to AP? Its disgusting :lol: It looks like a bunch of ten year old anime fans got together and made a website. In all honesty i've been annoyed at maintaining two lists (AP and MAL) so I think i'll switch solely to MAL for good now. Even more so considering the forums are active.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    Holy crap, what have they done to AP? Its disgusting :lol: It looks like a bunch of ten year old anime fans got together and made a website. In all honesty i've been annoyed at maintaining two lists (AP and MAL) so I think i'll switch solely to MAL for good now. Even more so considering the forums are active.
    I think that my main complaint would be that it doesn't look all that different from any other site anymore, the header and avatar placement in particular just scream Facebook. Plus the anime entries themselves are now using the same 'official' images as sites like MAL and AniDB, when they always used to use member-submitted screenshots for the main images (TBH they probably weren't getting enough for the new shows, I've not submitted any screenshots since at least 2011). It's lost some of its originality.

I won't be leaving though. I'm not overly keen on the looks of any of the rival sites either, and chances are I'll get used to the changes soon (especially once the promised extras/improvements materialize). Plus, I am not copying 1,500 entries to another site manually.

ReputationRep:
    I think that my main complaint would be that it doesn't look all that different from any other site anymore, the header and avatar placement in particular just scream Facebook. Plus the anime entries themselves are now using the same 'official' images as sites like MAL and AniDB, when they always used to use member-submitted screenshots for the main images (TBH they probably weren't getting enough for the new shows, I've not submitted any screenshots since at least 2011). It's lost some of its originality.

I won't be leaving though. I'm not overly keen on the looks of any of the rival sites either, and chances are I'll get used to the changes soon (especially once the promised extras/improvements materialize). Plus, I am not copying 1,500 entries to another site manually.
    It looks like a streaming site now (which is presumably the direction they want to go with crunchyroll) i'm a grumpy old man when it comes to websites changing everything when its not needed.

I don't blame you it took me long enough.

ReputationRep:
    haven't been watching much anime lately, but I've finished off Bokura wa minna Kawaisou, some good comedy, pretty slow paced but i liked it that way :yep: drunk Rii-chan ftw :awesome:

only seen Hanayamata of the new season, pretty enjoyable first couple of eps, liking the characters especially the blond girl :mmm:

loving Ao Haru Ride haven't seen a romance in a while and i've stalled the last few i've seen, may actually stick with this one til the end
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Just watched the most recent episode of SAO2. I'm not sure I like it as much as the first series - but then I think it might just be because we're not seeing all that much of Kirito and Asuna, who I REALLY liked? Like I get they're trying to show this new place and introduce new characters, but it seems to be taking a really long time to get to the action, or something...
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I finally finished reading Dragon Ball~ Well not really, since I've still got DBZ to go, but I'm taking a break from the franchise to read other things first. :yes: The series was enjoyable, if very repetitive - beat random enemy to collecting all the dragon balls, resurrect someone or other, enter a martial arts tournament, then return to square one. :p:

Taking its place on my reading list will be The Drifting Classroom, mostly because the fact I've yet to read a single Kazuo Umezu manga is something that needs to be addressed immediately, but also because I need something a bit dark to replace Franken Fran, which I've also virtually finished (just the one volume to go).

ReputationRep:
    There's a new anime out with my name xD Fran❤️cesca

most random anime I've seen xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe)
    Just watched the most recent episode of SAO2. I'm not sure I like it as much as the first series - but then I think it might just be because we're not seeing all that much of Kirito and Asuna, who I REALLY liked? Like I get they're trying to show this new place and introduce new characters, but it seems to be taking a really long time to get to the action, or something...
    Apparently all of the first 3 episodes have been for the most part filler .

ReputationRep:
    I quite liked episode 3 of SAO2. It was nice to get some backstory on Sinon. I seem to be enjoying the parts that focus on the real world more than the game world which is pretty much the exact opposite of the first season.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    Apparently all of the first 3 episodes have been for the most part filler .
    Kind of. It's like entitely set up and e3 was character background - no bad thing, ut not what I expected from SAO iykwim.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.