Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    AngryJellyfish, thanks a lot for your reply! Whoah, it looks like there are so many interesting animes to watch now.

Haha btw, I'm a fan of both Black Butler and Free! and I didn't even know about new seasons being aired already. What a terrible fan I am!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by tomikocchi)
    AngryJellyfish, thanks a lot for your reply! Whoah, it looks like there are so many interesting animes to watch now.

Haha btw, I'm a fan of both Black Butler and Free! and I didn't even know about new seasons being aired already. What a terrible fan I am!
    I love that you're a fan of Free!
    You might be my new favourite person.

ReputationRep:
    Free! is a guilty pleasure of mine
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Free! isn't even a guilty pleasure for me - it made my Top 12 series of last year. :p: I have Love Stage!! and Rokujyoma no Shinryakusha!? for that. :o:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    Free! is a guilty pleasure of mine
    At first I saw it as a guilty pleasure - shirtless boys? Swimming? YES.
    But then there was a bit of actual plot and the opening and ending credits are kickass...
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    Going to start reading KURO****SUJI.

ReputationRep:
    hahaha so we aren't the only ones who like Free!
    It is kind of a guilty pleasure of mine too, since I prefer animes that require you to use your brain. To me, Free! consists of 90% fanservice and 10% plot but I still can't stop fangirling over it... >w<;

ReputationRep:
    Hello ANime Society

I've been watching anime for about 5 years now and watched quite a few shows now; I stopped keeping count but I've got the list so it'll be a hell of a count for one day later on. The most recent anime I watched was Another - that was pretty good. Currently watching baby steps, gintama and jojo's adventures. Some of my favourites include Great teacher onizuka! Space brothers, Monster, Spiral, Code Geass, Death Note, Bakuman, Golden Boy, LoTGH, Planetes, Perfect Blue, Sword of the stranger, Samurai Champloo, Gintama, Summer Wars and a few more but I won't continue to bore you with this

I'm into pretty much anything so I'm open to trying out anything - I started off as quite the mystery/psychological genre lover but I basically watch anything now.

Well that was long so to top it off - nice to meet you fellow anime fans

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe)
    At first I saw it as a guilty pleasure - shirtless boys? Swimming? YES.
    But then there was a bit of actual plot and the opening and ending credits are kickass...
    I guess it makes a change from girls in short skirts eh? I'm a sucker for KyoAni's artwork
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    hahaha so we aren't the only ones who like Free!
    It is kind of a guilty pleasure of mine too, since I prefer animes that require you to use your brain. To me, Free! consists of 90% fanservice and 10% plot but I still can't stop fangirling over it... >w<;
    Don't even get me started on how much I lpvr free.

I'm shipping everyone with everyone they're clearly ALL GAY FOR EACH OTHER.
    *cough*

ReputationRep:
    So gutted Dramatical Murder will have no yaoi scenes in it :emo: It's a bl game for christ's sake. If they try that **** with Love Stage there will be hell

Seeing Kou in anime form (Ao Haru Ride) is just amazing :coma:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Tai Ga)
    So gutted Dramatical Murder will have no yaoi scenes in it :emo: It's a bl game for christ's sake. If they try that **** with Love Stage there will be hell
    Is that official now, then? I figured they might cut those scenes, since apparently the same happened for Togainu no Chi (also by Nitro+chiral), and few if any info sites were listing the anime as BL before the season began.

Assuming you're familiar with the game (I'm not, BTW), would you say DRAMAtical Murder has a strong enough plot to stand on its own without the BL content? I'm personally finding the world and basic premise quite interesting, and the character designs are very pretty... but that second episode was a bit boring. :hmmmm2: I'll probably watch the third ep tonight, either way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Is that official now, then? I figured they might cut those scenes, since apparently the same happened for Togainu no Chi (also by Nitro+chiral), and few if any info sites were listing the anime as BL before the season began.

Assuming you're familiar with the game (I'm not, BTW), would you say DRAMAtical Murder has a strong enough plot to stand on its own without the BL content? I'm personally finding the world and basic premise quite interesting, and the character designs are very pretty... but that second episode was a bit boring. :hmmmm2: I'll probably watch the third ep tonight, either way.
    Most likely since it's being aired during the day on TV, and on myanimelist has a rating of PG-13. The most we'll get is probably intimate hand holding/hugs, or small pecks like in No.6. Togainu no Chi was just terrible in general. I don't think yaoi could have saved it either, but it would have made it more bearable to watch for me personally.

It's has an interesting plot line nonetheless, and hopefully will be enjoyable without the yaoi. Keep watching it I say!

Theres always love stage to turn to for me Hopefully it'll be at junjou level.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here actually managed to finish watching/reading Berserk?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    Anyone here actually managed to finish watching/reading Berserk?
    I've watched all of the TV anime series, but not the recent movies. :yes: As for the manga, it's still ongoing, and since the manga-ka likes randomly going on hiatus for long periods of time, I'll probably wait until it is actually finished before giving it a go. Definitely something I look forward to reading when the time comes, though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I've watched all of the TV anime series, but not the recent movies. :yes: As for the manga, it's still ongoing, and since the manga-ka likes randomly going on hiatus for long periods of time, I'll probably wait until it is actually finished before giving it a go. Definitely something I look forward to reading when the time comes, though!
    I couldn't bear it, all that raping and madness kind of started to make me feel like I'm going insane, so I kind of stopped even though I want to finish it so badly since it's so awesome -.-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe)
    I'm shipping everyone with everyone
    *cough*
    I know right??! Some people be like "MY OTP is..." how can there even exist an one true pairing in a series like this!
    Oh my, I feel like I'm going full yaoi so I'ma stop here. Whew.

What a nice weather we had today.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I know right??! Some people be like "MY OTP is..." how can there even exist an one true pairing in a series like this!
    Oh my, I feel like I'm going full yaoi so I'ma stop here. Whew.

What a nice weather we had today.
    If you wanna go full yaoi and fangirl over PM with me that is absolutely A-OK. I need someone to discuss ships with, damnit!

Reigisa is totally legit though just saying for the benefit of everyone it's legit okay, legit.

ReputationRep:
    Whats pokemon origins like?I read the pokemon adventures manga and it was pretty interesting.Is pokemon origins the anime version of pok. adv.?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by economist2)
    Whats pokemon origins like?I read the pokemon adventures manga and it was pretty interesting.Is pokemon origins the anime version of pok. adv.?
    Origins is pretty good. It sticks more closely to the plot of the games than the 'proper' Pokemon anime. Only disappointed it was only a few episodes, it means a lot of the action happens off-screen.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.