Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe)
    Origins is pretty good. It sticks more closely to the plot of the games than the 'proper' Pokemon anime. Only disappointed it was only a few episodes, it means a lot of the action happens off-screen.
    ok thanks.I was asking because I had 3 or 4 eps dloaded on my PC.how many eps are ther in total?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by economist2)
    ok thanks.I was asking because I had 3 or 4 eps dloaded on my PC.how many eps are ther in total?
    I think there only is 4 episodes. :/ And in 4 episodes (that are about 25 minutes each) it covers an entire game's (Red/Blue) worth of content of starting off with a pokemon and then getting to the Elite 4. It's a good show, but it's terribly short.

ReputationRep:
    Origins is excellent. I reviewed it for my anime blog a while back. I really thought it felt true to the original games (with maybe one or two slight "updates"). Well worth watching
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I've just watched the 16 episodes that are out already of Haikyuu!! and omg I need the new episodes like I need air I think it's my new favourite show.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone watched Spice and Wolf? Just finished it and quite liked it; left me with that empty longing for more.

ReputationRep:
    Akame Ga Kill is surprisingly good :eek: I'm really liking it and the first episode was incredibly sad.

Tokyo Ghoul is where it's at :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I've watched all of the TV anime series, but not the recent movies. :yes: As for the manga, it's still ongoing, and since the manga-ka likes randomly going on hiatus for long periods of time, I'll probably wait until it is actually finished before giving it a go. Definitely something I look forward to reading when the time comes, though!
    we might all die of old age before it finishes :tongue:

(Original post by kkboyk)
    I couldn't bear it, all that raping and madness kind of started to make me feel like I'm going insane, so I kind of stopped even though I want to finish it so badly since it's so awesome -.-
    I read it in bursts for this reason. All the "horror"... can get very off putting.:erm: Last time I was reading it I remember posting that the author has some issues... :giggle:

In other news the theme for HxH feels deceptively light these days.:erm:

ReputationRep:
    Started Slam dunk.Will start Vampire knight,soul eater,trigun,hunter x hunter....All manga....Slam dunk is pretty good.

Starting anime's kill la kill,angel beats and btoom.Taking a break from hitman reborn after 33 episodes(too lazy to download any more)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tai Ga)
    So gutted Dramatical Murder will have no yaoi scenes in it :emo: It's a bl game for christ's sake. If they try that **** with Love Stage there will be hell

Seeing Kou in anime form (Ao Haru Ride) is just amazing :coma:
    Oh man i was gonna watch Dramatical Murder but now... is it just a game or does it have manga as well?

I've just started reading No.6 so i'm pretty excited for the loving thats gon' go on
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I'm surprised nobody here commented on the quality of DRAMAtical Murder ep 3's animation. :mmm:

I realize they've apologised, and are re-airing the episode with improvements, but I'll be keeping the original file. :giggle:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Ki Yung Na)
    Anyone watched Spice and Wolf? Just finished it and quite liked it; left me with that empty longing for more.
    Watched both TV anime and the OVA, am currently collecting both the original light novels and the manga, and I also have a Holo mousemat. A third anime series would be fantastic, though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brownsugar-xx)
    Oh man i was gonna watch Dramatical Murder but now... is it just a game or does it have manga as well?

I've just started reading No.6 so i'm pretty excited for the loving thats gon' go on
    Apparently there is one, but I've never come across it. The only one I found online was some dinky, poorly scanned version that wasn't even translated.

Mhmm you better be Although it was only a peck or two, imma take yaoi where I can get it.

ReputationRep:
    Started Slam dunk.Will start Vampire knight,soul eater,trigun,hunter x hunter....All manga....Slam dunk is pretty good.

Starting anime's kill la kill,angel beats and btoom.Taking a break from hitman reborn after 33 episodes(too lazy to download any more)

Btoom Awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently there is one, but I've never come across it. The only one I found online was some dinky, poorly scanned version that wasn't even translated.

Mhmm you better be Although it was only a peck or two, imma take yaoi where I can get it.
    That's a shame, usually the yaoi i come across is slice of life, not much plot, more focus on the romance/sex if you get me? No.6 is interesting because theres a plot away from the characters relationship.

I think i'll still watch Dramatical Murder though, kissing is enough i guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    we might all die of old age before it finishes :tongue:

I read it in bursts for this reason. All the "horror"... can get very off putting.:erm: Last time I was reading it I remember posting that the author has some issues... :giggle:

In other news the theme for HxH feels deceptively light these days.:erm:
    Do read it or watch it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brownsugar-xx)
    That's a shame, usually the yaoi i come across is slice of life, not much plot, more focus on the romance/sex if you get me? No.6 is interesting because theres a plot away from the characters relationship.

I think i'll still watch Dramatical Murder though, kissing is enough i guess
    I know what you mean. For plot, I'd usually read shounen-ai, but some yaois do develop a really good storyline. I didn't even know No.6 was going to head in that direction, but I remember feeling yaoi vibes as I continued to watch. It's a really interesting story, but what annoyed me were countless guys saying that they were going to drop it as soon as the yaoi made an appearance. It was just childish tbh, especially since most girls dont complain about needless ecchi scenes

Yeah I think I might to. I kinda dropped it after the first ep, but I wanna see it through to the end.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone recommend me shounen anime?

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean. For plot, I'd usually read shounen-ai, but some yaois do develop a really good storyline. I didn't even know No.6 was going to head in that direction, but I remember feeling yaoi vibes as I continued to watch. It's a really interesting story, but what annoyed me were countless guys saying that they were going to drop it as soon as the yaoi made an appearance. It was just childish tbh, especially since most girls dont complain about needless ecchi scenes

Yeah I think I might to. I kinda dropped it after the first ep, but I wanna see it through to the end.
    Dem yaoi vibes tho :sogood: i'm only on the 3rd chapter but i'm excited to continue. Yeah that's so dumb, why do guys feel so idk...threatened by it? I remember watching HOTD became a bit weird because of all the ecchi scenes but no.6 doesn't have ass shots or penis bulges in ur face :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    Have you seen ZOIDS Chaotic Century yet? It's mecha and is perhaps the most underrated anime (alongside Hunter X Hunter) of all time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khallil)
    Have you seen ZOIDS Chaotic Century yet? It's mecha and is perhaps the most underrated anime (alongside Hunter X Hunter) of all time.

Never seen it , might watch it. Ty

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.