Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Has anyone been watching Ace of the Diamond? Just started it and oh my word I do so love it.

Apparently sports anime is my thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe)
    Has anyone been watching Ace of the Diamond? Just started it and oh my word I do so love it.

Apparently sports anime is my thing.
    I always start sports anime & really enjoy them but then after 20 episodes or so I get bored & give up on them. Think that's why I like Free! so much; because it's more plotted/focused.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by TroyAndAbed)
    I always start sports anime & really enjoy them but then after 20 episodes or so I get bored & give up on them. Think that's why I like Free! so much; because it's more plotted/focused.
    It might just be a small thing, but as of right now I've been keeping up with Free, powered my way through 16 eps of Haikyuu!! (Anxiously awaiting episode 17) and am on episode 12 of Ace of the Diamond. It's not a genre I've ever watched before, so I'm not sure if these are perhaps particularly good or if I like the genre more than expected or what.

I'll agree that Free's easier to keep up with though. I'm cursing not watching AotD earlier becauss I have a bad track record of longer running shows. I get burned out on watching them (because I like powering my way through a series) and then it all feels like I'm watching because I 'have to' rather than because I want to.

Please excuse the rambling in this post. It's late for me, haha....

ReputationRep:
    Currently watching the ongoing anime - Tokyo Ghoul, Akame Ga Kill, Zankyou no Terror and Sailor Moon Crystal. Anyone else? :sadpanda:
    As for series that have already aired currently part of the way through Hellsing Ultimate and rewatching some of Serial Experiments Lain on the side.

Do any of you have a myanimelist.net account? If so I'd love to share. :rolleyes: ~

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe)
    I'm cursing not watching AotD earlier becauss I have a bad track record of longer running shows. I get burned out on watching them (because I like powering my way through a series) and then it all feels like I'm watching because I 'have to' rather than because I want to.

Please excuse the rambling in this post. It's late for me, haha....
    This is exactly how I am with most longer shows! When I have about 20+ episodes of a show waiting to be watched I just feel like I'm forcing myself through them.

ReputationRep:
    This is exactly how I am with most longer shows! When I have about 20+ episodes of a show waiting to be watched I just feel like I'm forcing myself through them.
    I felt that way when I tried to watch FMA. (Sorry any FMA fans). :erm::emog:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Exactly. Now, as of yet with AotD I don't feel like this - but I'm only 12 episodes in, so we'll see.
    I can deal with the 'standard' 24/26 that most shows do, given I like it enough. I was watching Golden Time though, and I really enjoyed it for the first, say, 6 episodes bit then it seemed to go downhill and drag itself out a bit? And I forced myself through to episode 10 and at that point I was like 'why am I forcing myself to watch something I'm not enjoying?'

But yeah. The length of shows can really put me off. Like a lot of people have recommended Bleach to me, but that's nearly 400 episodes if I remember right! And I figure there must be something good about Naruto given how many fans it has, but I'm not watching all those episodes to find out.

Like, I'm sure if I'd watched from the start it would have been great, but I'm several YEARS behind at this point. :/
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by HayleyChuu)
    Currently watching the ongoing anime - Tokyo Ghoul, Akame Ga Kill, Zankyou no Terror and Sailor Moon Crystal. Anyone else? :sadpanda:
    As for series that have already aired currently part of the way through Hellsing Ultimate and rewatching some of Serial Experiments Lain on the side.

Do any of you have a myanimelist.net account? If so I'd love to share. :rolleyes: ~
    Of your ongoing anime, I'm watching them all (along with several others) apart from Sailor Moon Crystal, but that's only because I'm currently watching the original TV series instead. :yes:

Aside from Sailor Moon, the only completely aired anime I'm watching is Tenshi ni Narumon!, which is a very weird show. I love the character designs though.

ReputationRep:
    The first Fairy Tail movie is out on DVD in the UK on Monday

I just reviewed it on my blog: http://animereporter.com/2014/07/26/...estess-review/

Incidentally, I'd love any feedback from anime/manga fans on my blog, anything you think I could do to improve it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Of your ongoing anime, I'm watching them all (along with several others) apart from Sailor Moon Crystal, but that's only because I'm currently watching the original TV series instead. :yes:

Aside from Sailor Moon, the only completely aired anime I'm watching is Tenshi ni Narumon!, which is a very weird show. I love the character designs though.
    I spent ages watching the original Sailor Moon so I felt I may as well watch the remake, seeing as I'm basically the audience they made it for.
    Oh and I forgot to add to that list I'm also watching Kuro****suji Book of Circus. Watched the 1st and 2nd seasons of Kuro****suji and thought they were fun so I'm watching this season, though it continues on from the middle of the first season which might be confusing to some people. Haha. (Basically they didn't do a storyline from the manga that belonged in the 1st season so now they've made an entire season dedicated to it which I think is pretty good!) :emog:

What do you think of Zankyou no Terror? I am in love with the OSTs and Lisa. ~

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 99DeadBaboons)
    The first Fairy Tail movie is out on DVD in the UK on Monday

I just reviewed it on my blog: http://animereporter.com/2014/07/26/...estess-review/

Incidentally, I'd love any feedback from anime/manga fans on my blog, anything you think I could do to improve it
    Is this movie plagued with a lot of fan service? I think I might give it a watch.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    An update from me as it's been a while since I've posted.

So far, Zankyou no Terror, Barakamon, Tokyo Ghoul and Aldnoah Zero have been the most promising from the new/current season. I'm also enjoying SAO 2 and will admit that it's probably my most anticipated each week, along with last season's Mahouka (what can I say? I have a thing for seemingly perfect protagonists).

Fate/Kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei! is amusing to watch, but I'm not too sure what to make of Illya's "kuro" clone yet. If nothing else, it's always a joy to listen to Mai Kadowaki, especially given Illya's adorable personality in this Fate spinoff. :giggle:

In terms of long running series, I've stalled Naruto Shippuden for over a month now and have no real inclination to resume just yet. One Piece is remaining solid as usual. The Thriller Bark Punk Hazard arc was good but not great, so it's nice to see that they've transitioned over to what is turning out to be a far stronger arc in Dressrosa. :yes:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Oh and I forgot to add to that list I'm also watching Kuro****suji Book of Circus. Watched the 1st and 2nd seasons of Kuro****suji and thought they were fun so I'm watching this season, though it continues on from the middle of the first season which might be confusing to some people. Haha. (Basically they didn't do a storyline from the manga that belonged in the 1st season so now they've made an entire season dedicated to it which I think is pretty good!) :emog:

What do you think of Zankyou no Terror? I am in love with the OSTs and Lisa. ~
    Zankyou no Terror is celebrating a third week at the top of my blog rankings - I'm loving the series so far! It does have a great OST, but more than anything I like the current battle of wits between Sphinx and Shibasaki. It'll be interesting to see where things go from here.

Kuroshìtsuji: Book of Circus is also high in my rankings, I'd forgotten how much I liked Sebastian (or maybe he's just more amusing in the manga than in the anime-original material). :p:

(Original post by Aiko)
    So far, Zankyou no Terror, Barakamon, Tokyo Ghoul and Aldnoah Zero have been the most promising from the new/current season.
    :ditto:

(Original post by Aiko)
    One Piece is remaining solid as usual. The Thriller Bark arc was good but not great, so it's nice to see that they've transitioned over to what is turning out to be a far stronger arc in Dressrosa. :yes:
    I agree that Thriller Bark wasn't the greatest... but did you perhaps mean Punk Hazard? Either way, I'm glad to hear Dressrosa is good - I'm waiting for the arc to finish before marathoning the whole thing, as usual.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I agree that Thriller Bark wasn't the greatest... but did you perhaps mean Punk Hazard?
    Indeed, my mistake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    Is this movie plagued with a lot of fan service? I think I might give it a watch.
    There's a little alright, but I wouldn't say "plagued". It's pretty decent overall.

ReputationRep:
    I felt that way when I tried to watch FMA. (Sorry any FMA fans). :erm::emog:
    I felt exactly the same when I tried watching it a couple of years ago. Never finished it.

ReputationRep:
    Watched both TV anime and the OVA, am currently collecting both the original light novels and the manga, and I also have a Holo mousemat. A third anime series would be fantastic, though!
    Ah I haven't seen the OVA yet but I was thinking about getting the novels and reading the manga - holo mousemat?! You're too cool! There's still quite a lot they didn't cover isn't there? or so I've read.. so it seems there's some hope for a third season 😊

ReputationRep:
    http://kagayaki.ru/?p=10507

UBW series and a HF movie. I can't wait.

ReputationRep:
    Finally got around to watching the first few episodes of Sabagebu!. I was hoping for better version of Stella-C3 (as many others were). It was straight off the bat so already it had started better, the combats relatively interesting in how its approached as well. From what I gather though Sabagebu! is essentially episodic which I feel is limiting but time will tell if it pays off
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I marathoned all of the third series of Teekyuu in 30 minutes (the eps are about 2 minutes long) - I'd forgotten how hilarious and addictive it was. I hope the announcement of a fourth series at the end turns out to be official. :puppyeyes:

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.