Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    The soundtrack for Haibane Renmei was truly wonderful.

I was really impressed with the soundtrack by Steins;Gate because I was unfamiliar with the two composers behind it. After checking, they've done very little prior to this, so here's to hoping they'll offer more of the same in the future.

I can't really remember the soundtrack for Red Garden, if I'm honest. I just remember the characters going into song unexpectedly, but it was rather enchanting.

I've bought the soundtrack for Shiki as I really like Yasuharu Takanashi's work, especially for Naruto Shuppuden but most recently for Log Horizon. :yes:
    Haha glad you agree, Shiki's OSTs are really haunting I find. Beautiful at the same time though.

I love Higurashi's OSTs because they are some of the saddest and scariest I've heard. I am amazed at how scary they can make music.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Iamyourfather)
    Has anyone seen Nana?
    Yes, easily one of my favourite shoujo series. The first opening is awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone seen Nana?
    Yup. Highly doubt it's going to continue considering it's been on hiatus since 2010. The mangaka herself admitted she might not return to it. quite sad really

ReputationRep:

Great music for bed time! :bunny:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HayleyChuu)
    I LOVE Haibane Renmei. It was such a beautiful anime there are literally no other words for it. It made me think a lot. More people need to watch it! I think a lot of people are put of cos the animation isn't the most beautiful thing ever.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I found it so sad. The OSTs really got me as well. In moments like when Kuu disappeared and they found her halo I was like I can't deal with this. Then Rakka saw the little family of figurines that Kuu put together I was like, damn you OST you got me. You got meeeeeeeee.
    Oooh I've never seen that, but when I look at the animation is gives me a serial experiments lain sorta vibe.

I do remember Red Garden though, solely because it was so explicitly westernish that it stuck in mind lol. But I agree, the soundtrack was awesome.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Great music for bed time! :bunny:
    I had that on my MP3 player for quite a long time (might still be on there, I can't remember). It always caught me off guard whenever it got randomly shuffled. :p:

If we're posting videos, my favourite insert track at the moment is probably:

*has rated Madlax's OST as his favourite for years; only found out it had a second OST last month*

(Original post by Tai Ga)
    Oooh I've never seen that, but when I look at the animation is gives me a serial experiments lain sorta vibe.
    They share the same character designer. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tai Ga)

I do remember Red Garden though, solely because it was so explicitly westernish that it stuck in mind lol. But I agree, the soundtrack was awesome.
    Yosh-itoshi Abe (had to put a dash otherwise his name would get *'d out) did the character designs for both anime. Which are both amazing. Obviously Lain's style is older cos it was made 4 years before Haibane Renmei.

And I agree, I loved Red Garden. I thought the animation was beautiful and the OSTs were really original. :rolleyes::cool:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Yosh-itoshi Abe (had to put a dash otherwise his name would get *'d out) did the character designs for both anime. Which are both amazing. Obviously Lain's style is older cos it was made 4 years before Haibane Renmei.
    Have you seen NieA Under 7? It's another anime based on his works, and is by far the least known/talked about. Quite a bit more light-hearted than the likes of Lain and Haibane, but still thought provoking. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    This thread makes me want to watch so many animes, my list is so long. Think i might go for Zankyou no Terror as well now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Have you seen NieA Under 7? It's another anime based on his works, and is by far the least known/talked about. Quite a bit more light-hearted than the likes of Lain and Haibane, but still thought provoking. :yes:
    I haven't!
    Currently looking it up on MAL. :cool:

Also the song you posted reminds me of this a bit -

But this is slighter sadder sounding I'd say.

And also reminds me a bit of this
    ...>

ReputationRep:

:emog:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brownsugar-xx)
    This thread makes me want to watch so many animes, my list is so long. Think i might go for Zankyou no Terror as well now
    Zankyou no Terror is amazing you definitely should watch it. ~~ :bunny:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Yes... fantastic series, but it needs a sequel/conclusion. :sadnod: Unlikely to happen while the manga is on hiatus, though.
    I thought so too. Ah, that's a real shame - the ending did seem abrupt to me. Why is on hiatus? It seemed very well received.

Do you know if the Monogatari series is worth watching?

ReputationRep:
    Zankyou no Terror is amazing you definitely should watch it. ~~ :bunny:
    4 mins into the first ep right now bby, was supposed to start Cowboy Bebop but theres only 2 eps for ZnT anyway

ReputationRep:

:emog:
    You watched Shugo Chara? :flutter:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I thought so too. Ah, that's a real shame - the ending did seem abrupt to me. Why is on hiatus? It seemed very well received.

Do you know if the Monogatari series is worth watching?
    The manga-ka, Yazawa Ai, fell ill about five years ago. :sadnod:

As for Monogatari... I personally wasn't a fan, but I'm definitely in the minority there.

ReputationRep:
    4 mins into the first ep right now bby, was supposed to start Cowboy Bebop but theres only 2 eps for ZnT anyway
    There's 3. :bunny:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Yes, easily one of my favourite shoujo series. The first opening is awesome.
    The songs were catchy, especially the first opening and ending :yep: I'd sing them using lyrics that sounded Japanese :mmm:

Have you watched Honey and Clover?

ReputationRep:
    You watched Shugo Chara? :flutter:
    I watched it when I was like 13 I do apologise. I have never revisited it I just really like this song because Nana Mizuki is amaze.

edit >>> Also, I mostly watched it for Ikuto. Sorry not sorry. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    There's 3. :bunny:
    oops must've read wiki wrong my bad

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.