Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by TroyAndAbed)
    I can't get into anime that isn't at least slightly slice-of-life-ish lately. :| I can read action shounen manga all day (been catching up on the volumes of Fairy Tail, Toriko, The Seven Deadly Sins, etc. that arrived whilst I was at uni) but when watching action anime I get so bored.

Does anyone have any good slice-of-life anime they'd recommend?
    If you're okay with ongoing series, I'd highly recommend Barakamon from the current season! Otherwise, here's a few complete series:

Minami-ke

Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight!

Ikoku Meiro no Croisee

Potemayo

Denno Coil
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Is Free! and Haikyuu!! a brand new series then? I'm so out of the times :ahee:

Attack on Titans is cool but not everyones thing i guess
    Free! Had a series last year and it's in series 2 now. Haikyuu!! started a couple of months ago? Free!'s got guys who swim and it's reasonably fanservice-y but there is plot.

Haikyuu!!'s a volleyball one. Much less fanservice and it's getting right up there as one of my all-time favourite shows.

(Original post by Aiko)
    Missed your post.

I've seen a couple of episodes of Ace of Diamond and enjoyed them. However, I decided to postpone the series because the male lead was starting to annoy me. That, and the perception the other characters had of him. He wasn't even that bad, admirable even given the respect his old school friends had for him, but there was something that irked me and I just couldn't continue. I will probably pick the series up again at some point.

As for sport series, I've never had an issue with them myself. In fact, many of them stand among my favourites (Touch and Ashi-ta no Joe to name a few). I'd second Keoje's recommendation of Major and Kuroko's Basketball is also very good. :yes:

Incidentally, I'm currently watching Baby Steps, an anime about tennis, which is rather good (not something I'd recommend over the above two, though).
    I think the lead character bugged me for a few episodes in around episode 10-15, but I'm up on episode 24 now and he's much less annoying, and the other characters seem to finally be giving him a bit of respect, haha.

I'll definitely check out Major and the Kuroko's Basketball once I catch up with AotD then. and then I'll have a look at some other shows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    If you're okay with ongoing series, I'd highly recommend Barakamon from the current season! Otherwise, here's a few complete series:

Minami-ke

Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight!

Ikoku Meiro no Croisee

Potemayo

Denno Coil
    Thanks for the recommendations! Think I'll check out Minami-ke & Denno Coil first.

ReputationRep:
    Sports anime, out of the 3 or so Ive seen ....Hajime no Ippo. :coma:

Giant Killing was really good, whilst it was airing the previous world cup came around, and I thought :yeah: ... but it was really dull.:unimpressed: Damn you giant killing and your more interesting depiction of sport.

Jojo seems like an amusing travel series now. With its lesson on Haggling.:mmm: They should make a travel anime. :beard: That could be an interesting subject for a series of course it would have to be well researched.:hmmm:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HayleyChuu)
    Yep I did.

:bunny:
    You look so cute! who did you dress up as?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brownsugar-xx)
    You look so cute! who did you dress up as?
    Heyyy. I was cosplaying as Lotti Baskerville from Pandora Hearts.

ReputationRep:
    Heyyy. I was cosplaying as Lotti Baskerville from Pandora Hearts.

You did a good job! the wig is sitting pretty nice on your head as well :yep:

ReputationRep:

You did a good job! the wig is sitting pretty nice on your head as well :yep:
    Thankyou! Lotti's hair is a really awkward kind of half middle parting so it was difficult to get it to sit right but it did eventually. Here's a couple other pics of me. ~ :bunny:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:

Thankyou! Lotti's hair is a really awkward kind of half middle parting so it was difficult to get it to sit right but it did eventually. Here's a couple other pics of me. ~ :bunny:
    Aww you look so pretty <3 which characters did you dress up as? and were the costumes expensive?

ReputationRep:
    Aww you look so pretty <3 which characters did you dress up as? and were the costumes expensive?
    The black and yellow one was quite expensive. It was from the Vocaloid music video Love Philosophia. The quality is really good though. :rolleyes: And the maid one, was just a maid outfit because I thought it looked cute. :emog: :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    The black and yellow one was quite expensive. It was from the Vocaloid music video Love Philosophia. The quality is really good though. :rolleyes: And the maid one, was just a maid outfit because I thought it looked cute. :emog: :ahee:
    Yeah the black and yellow one looks really good. I'm aware of the vocaloids - Miku, Luka, Rin, Gakupo, Len(?)- though i've never listened to any, it's just cause i used to go on this anime chat room when i was younger :laugh: well it's very cute :bubbles: Plus i love green hair, i really want to ombre my hair green.

So what exactly do you do at comic con, enlighten me~ :loveduck:

ReputationRep:
    omg you totally remind me of hailedabear btw
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    My only two cosplays:

The Medicine Seller from Mononoke/Ayakashi - the eye markings are a bit wrong, but if I remember correctly my friend did that without a reference image. I also learned how difficult it was to walk in geta that day. :p: This was at Aberystwyth Anime Society's cosplay social in 2010, though I also wore it to a Halloween fancy dress competition the same week. :giggle:

Spoiler:
    Show

And Shidou Maria from Maria+Holic, which was at Telford Expo in 2011. Walking around all day without my signature otaku glasses and backpack was probably the hardest part, aside from that it was great fun.

Spoiler:
    Show

I'd do more, but I lack the creativity/patience to actually come up with a good costume on my own. These were largely a collaborative effort with a friend at university. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    My only two cosplays:

The Medicine Seller from Mononoke/Ayakashi - the eye markings are a bit wrong, but if I remember correctly my friend did that without a reference image. I also learned how difficult it was to walk in geta that day. :p: This was at Aberystwyth Anime Society's cosplay social in 2010, though I also wore it to a Halloween fancy dress competition the same week. :giggle:

Spoiler:
    Show

And Shidou Maria from Maria+Holic, which was at Telford Expo in 2011. Walking around all day without my signature otaku glasses and backpack was probably the hardest part, aside from that it was great fun.

Spoiler:
    Show

I'd do more, but I lack the creativity/patience to actually come up with a good costume on my own. These were largely a collaborative effort with a friend at university. :o:
    Awesome. When I have time and money reallyyyy need to make my own cosplays.

ReputationRep:
    I ran out of my usual anime and tv shows to watch so I picked up Haikyuu!! My kinda thing :love: Think I might have to go marathon this like the old me

It's just a shame there isn't like...a version of this but with girls...and a beach :perv:

:getmecoat:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Keoje)
    I ran out of my usual anime and tv shows to watch so I picked up Haikyuu!! My kinda thing :love: Think I might have to go marathon this like the old me

It's just a shame there isn't like...a version of this but with girls...and a beach :perv:

Haikyuu!! :love::love:
    Asahi's a babe (though you probably don't know who that is if you've just started, he doesn't show up until episode 7ish?). And Noya's a cutie.

I LOVE ALL OF THEM OKAY.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)

It's so good right. You should read some Haikyuu yaoi fanfic :drool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe)
    Haikyuu!! :love::love:
    Asahi's a babe (though you probably don't know who that is if you've just started, he doesn't show up until episode 7ish?). And Noya's a cutie.

I LOVE ALL OF THEM OKAY.
    Episode 2
    Spoiler:
    Show

Oh my god! I just saw the part where the dean get hits by the ball :rofl:

Been a while since I've enjoyed a good laugh from anime Tanaka character is hilarious too :mmm: These reactions are so funny4

Oh dear it seems I might have to watch anime again

(Original post by Tai Ga)
    You are such a yaoi fangirl :indiff:

:puke:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Keoje)

:p:

Closest thing I can think of would be Softenni... in the TV airing there were 2-3 minute segments of some episodes that were full screen censored, where the only way you could even guess at what was going on was from the audio/subs. :zomg:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Tai Ga)
    I love you.
    Like lots.
    I read some lovely AsaNoya fic the other day.

(Original post by Keoje)
    Episode 2
    Spoiler:
    Show

Oh my god! I just saw the part where the dean get hits by the ball :rofl:

Been a while since I've enjoyed a good laugh from anime Tanaka character is hilarious too :mmm: These reactions are so funny4

Oh dear it seems I might have to watch anime again

You are such a yaoi fangirl :indiff:

:puke:

Tanaka's hysterical. Hinata gets his moments, though.
    Kageyama grew on me- he wasn't a character I particularly liked at the beginning, but I love him now.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.