Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'd be fine with anti-piracy measures if they were focused on licensed titles but I don't see what they gain from trying to stop scanlations/fansubs of titles that it is impossible to get legally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Does this mean that in the near future I won't be able to store anime on a discreet black portable hard drive and have to resort to buying Card Captor Sakura DVD boxsets? :nooo:

:ninja:
    That'll never happen.:gthumb:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Speaking of piracy... I'd forgotten how amusing the HK-subbed Mazinger Z (sorry, Devil Z) was. :giggle: This link gives a summary with screencaps of episode 1. :p:

http://rodie-the-nightblade.devianta...de-1-315156717
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    :tumble: Did the internet police get everyone? :p:

I recently started the 1996 TV anime You're Under Arrest, and couldn't believe how good it looked - epic car/bike chases, with brilliant attention to detail. I was quite looking forward to 51 episodes of that... unfortunately, it seems the first four episodes were actually the 1994 OVA. The animation style and quality from episode 5 onwards just hasn't been up to the same standard.

ReputationRep:
    I would happily pay £5 a month direct to the anime producers themselves, what I am not prepared to do is pay £5 to sites like crunchyroll where 90% of that £5 goes to the pockets of crunchyroll and less than 50p goes to the Japanese anime makers. Look it up there are tons of articles about how much money crunchyroll actually gives to japans anime companies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I love you

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm people have been sharing a totally legit tumblr page that says Ghibli closing as a production company.... Anyone seen a better source. Or even better can a specific someone translate those pics in the link?/Confirm that it's bull ****:tongue:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by vin)
    Hmmm people have been sharing a totally legit tumblr page that says Ghibli closing as a production company.... Anyone seen a better source. Or even better can a specific someone translate those pics in the link?/Confirm that it's bull ****:tongue:
    As usual, I'll believe it when it's on ANN. They're usually pretty quick when it comes to big news such as this, so I'm already sceptical, but I'll certainly be checking it frequently for the next day or two. :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    As usual, I'll believe it when it's on ANN. They're usually pretty quick when it comes to big news such as this, so I'm already sceptical, but I'll certainly be checking it frequently for the next day or two. :afraid:
    There was a thread on reddit where someone was saying this was not the case and that it was just a bad translation from a documentary. There were some sources for that ...which are untranslated.:sad:

So to summarise.. so far alot of hearsay originating from some guy on tumblr... no proper confirmation from someone with a clue as yet.:nah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    but didn't that guys son take over or something? i might be terribly misinformed...

just hope it doesn't close
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...artment/.77263

(Original post by Ghibli Co-Founder Suzuki: Studio Considers Dismantling Production Department)

Suzuki discussed the great changes that the entire studio is undergoing at the studio's shareholders meeting, and mused that these changes may include dismantling the production department. While there has been talk among some about dissolving the studio outright, Suzuki emphasized that the truth is that the studio is considering "housecleaning" or restructuring for now. The end result would be "rebuilding" the studio and creating an environment for the next generation.

Suzuki did not downplay the significance of Miyazaki's retirement. Still, he added, "On what to do with Studio Ghibli's future, it is by no means impossible to keep producing [movies] forever. However, we will take a brief pause to consider where to go from here."

So, not exactly a good situation, but not the end of the studio either.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by brownsugar-xx)
    but didn't that guys son take over or something? i might be terribly misinformed...

just hope it doesn't close
    Goro Miyazaki has joined as an animation director, one of a few the studio has, but their current issues seem to be more to do with the financial side of things. Kaguya-hime no Monogatari brought in about half its substantial budget, which can't have helped matters. :s:

ReputationRep:
    Oh noes Dx

ReputationRep:
    Hasn't this Ghibli demise been going on for years, or has it become real since Hayao Miyazaki announced retirement? :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Goro Miyazaki has joined as an animation director, one of a few the studio has, but their current issues seem to be more to do with the financial side of things. Kaguya-hime no Monogatari brought in about half its substantial budget, which can't have helped matters. :s:
    Just read a guardian article about it this is so depressing, hopefully it's only temporary...
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Speaking of Goro Miyazaki, I hear he's directing next season's 3D Anime Sanzoku no Musume Ronja.

ReputationRep:
    :gah: 5th episode for Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun has been released
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Binary Freak)
    :gah: 5th episode for Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun has been released
    Featuring the vocal talents of Wakamoto Norio (for two whole lines of dialogue). :coma: I just finished watching the episode, it was great.

ReputationRep:
    Featuring the vocal talents of Wakamoto Norio (for two whole lines of dialogue). :coma: I just finished watching the episode, it was great.
    Didn't think you watched Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun :O

I have it on pause at the moment so I can enjoy a buffer-free episode. I hate it when it buffers midway through the episode :cry:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Binary Freak)
    Didn't think you watched Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun :O

I have it on pause at the moment so I can enjoy a buffer-free episode. I hate it when it buffers midway through the episode
    Yep! I generally prefer action series to romance and comedy, so I haven't been raving about it as much as I have for some of the season's other offerings, but it always brings a smile to my face each week.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.