Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Yep! I generally prefer action series to romance and comedy, so I haven't been raving about it as much as I have for some of the season's other offerings, but it always brings a smile to my face each week.
    I rarely watch action series, I might watch a few when I'm moving since I'll be on the train for a while :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    Ghibli... No... http://animereporter.com/2014/08/05/...studio-ghibli/

Heartbroken...
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by 99DeadBaboons)
    Ghibli... No... http://animereporter.com/2014/08/05/...studio-ghibli/

Heartbroken...
    I refer you to the article I liked to a page back:

Ghibli Co-Founder Suzuki: Studio Considers Dismantling Production Department

While there has been talk among some about dissolving the studio outright, [Toshio] Suzuki emphasized that the truth is that the studio is considering "housecleaning" or restructuring for now. The end result would be "rebuilding" the studio and creating an environment for the next generation.

"On what to do with Studio Ghibli's future, it is by no means impossible to keep producing [movies] forever. However, we will take a brief pause to consider where to go from here."
    ANN are usually pretty reliable.

ReputationRep:
    I refer you to the article I liked to a page back:

Ghibli Co-Founder Suzuki: Studio Considers Dismantling Production Department

ANN are usually pretty reliable.
    That's reassuring at least
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Attack on Titan: No Regrets Spinoff Gets Anime DVDs

Should please the Levi fans. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Binary Freak)
    :gah: 5th episode for Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun has been released
    Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun is epic! Hahaha, that anime just makes my daaaaayyy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sasunerd)
    Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun is epic! Hahaha, that anime just makes my daaaaayyy
    Yeaa :^_^:

I'm watching episodes 1-5 again, waiting for episode 6. I may end up spending tomorrow doing a Hunter x Hunter marathon
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I recently started the 1996 TV anime You're Under Arrest, and couldn't believe how good it looked - epic car/bike chases, with brilliant attention to detail. I was quite looking forward to 51 episodes of that... unfortunately, it seems the first four episodes were actually the 1994 OVA. The animation style and quality from episode 5 onwards just hasn't been up to the same standard.
    I feel I should follow up this fairly negative post by stating that, while the vehicle chases have definitely suffered from the change in animation, the characters have proven more than good enough to keep me interested in the series (up to the 14 episode point, at least). I'm completely addicted, and have already added Aoi and Yoriko to my fave characters list.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I decided to give Attack on Titan a proper go. My anime society at uni had a night where we watched the abridged parody thing on youtube, and I was a little grossed out by the titans but people kept saying it was really good? So I've watched 3 episodes and the titans are creepy as **** and still gross me out but I also still want to watch the rest of the series, so there's that. Success?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe)
    I decided to give Attack on Titan a proper go. My anime society at uni had a night where we watched the abridged parody thing on youtube, and I was a little grossed out by the titans but people kept saying it was really good? So I've watched 3 episodes and the titans are creepy as **** and still gross me out but I also still want to watch the rest of the series, so there's that. Success?
    I find the titans in the manga more horrifying
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    I find the titans in the manga more horrifying
    That's nice.

They're slowly becoming less scary to me. On episode 7 now, and after that whole fiasco in the last few episodes I really don't know what else they could do that would make them super scary again. I mean, I'm still like 'oh god titans' but it's not quite as horrific as it was to begin with for me.

ReputationRep:
    That's nice.

They're slowly becoming less scary to me. On episode 7 now, and after that whole fiasco in the last few episodes I really don't know what else they could do that would make them super scary again. I mean, I'm still like 'oh god titans' but it's not quite as horrific as it was to begin with for me.
    What's the most scariest anime/manga you ever watched/read?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Study Helper
    Anyone remember Sailor Moon??!?!

I can't find any videos or DVDs on Amazon or Ebay that's not ridiculously priced!

i wanna watch it again!!

Oh and Card Capture Sakura! I remember when I had the big plastic book and the cards! Got it at the Bham Indoor Market when I was a kid! LOVED it!

Anyway, anyone know where I could buy episodes/watch them online?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    What's the most scariest anime/manga you ever watched/read?
    Erm... Attack on Titan? :/ I don't do horror as a genre. A friend made me watch an episode of some anime where there was a creepy woman running a pet shop or something? But if you didn't treat them right they'd kill you? And there was a scene where some rabbits started clawing at someone's stomach or something, it was gory and gross. But that aside, literally Attack on Titan is the worst it because everything else I watch is romance, magical girl, or sports anime. So there's never any horror.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by The Empire Odyssey)

I can't find any videos or DVDs on Amazon or Ebay that's not ridiculously priced!

i wanna watch it again!!

Oh and Card Capture Sakura! I remember when I had the big plastic book and the cards! Got it at the Bham Indoor Market when I was a kid! LOVED it!

I'd hope I remember Sailor Moon, seeing as I only finished watching it for the first time last week. :p:

The franchise is getting a lot of hype at the moment, as a remake (Sailor Moon Crystal) started airing just last month - you can watch that online at niconico. Unfortunately, though the original series got licensed by Viz, they've US region-locked their streams for now... but they are re-releasing it on Bluray and DVD there later this year. Chances are it'll make it to the UK eventually, so it may be worth waiting a little longer if you want to buy the series.

As for Cardcaptor Sakura, that also recently got re-licensed in the US... not sure what the chances of that making it to the UK are, though. No legal streams that I know of, region-locked or otherwise, but a quick Google search brings up plenty of 'alternatives'. :ninja:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

i wanna watch it again!!

Most of the Cardcaptors episodes are up on youtube. Not all of the dubbed episodes are there, (I think they're missing some around episode 60), but there's at least 60 of them, and the subs are all there, I believe.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone end up noticing they kicked out a prequel episode for Kyoukai no Kanata? I watched it just because I loved the series so much and was pretty content.

Sent from my HTC One (M8) Gold using tapatalk.

ReputationRep:

i wanna watch it again!!

Regarding Sailor Moon.
    I know many of you probably won't approve of what I'm saying right now, but... there are torrents, sites like tpb and many sites for watching free anime, so you techincally don't have to buy it to watch it.

Anyway, you can also try buying a second-hand DVD probably.

My local library has a loooooot of movies and they have many cool anime too. And I'm not even from a big city. Maybe your library has Sailor Moon then? Or you could suggest that they buy it. Many libraries have this thing that you can suggest them to buy a book, a movie or a series... Right? Or is it just mine? ;_;

ReputationRep:
    Erm... Attack on Titan? :/ I don't do horror as a genre. A friend made me watch an episode of some anime where there was a creepy woman running a pet shop or something? But if you didn't treat them right they'd kill you? And there was a scene where some rabbits started clawing at someone's stomach or something, it was gory and gross. But that aside, literally Attack on Titan is the worst it because everything else I watch is romance, magical girl, or sports anime. So there's never any horror.
    Name? :ninja:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Tai Ga)
    Name? :ninja:
    Sounds like Pet Shop of Horrors to me. :yes:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.