The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Binary Freak
That show sounds familiar:hmmmm:

I might give it a try during the weekend, how many episodes has the series got? :smile:

24 I think.

A few specials as well.

You'll get hooked lol.
Original post by Nirgilis
Just finished watching No Game No Life and found myself pleasantly surprised. Anyone got any recommendations for my next show that involves really clever casts working things out (so along the lines of No Game No Life and Gosick?)?

Darker than Black is pretty cool - like X men but more violent.

And there's an adventure anime something along the lines of Nanana's collection which is treasure hunting for the sake of a dead girls. I enjoyed it although it doesn't really have a big plot.

Baccano is genius though. Absolute gem!
Original post by killa78
24 I think.

A few specials as well.

You'll get hooked lol.

I hope so, I need as many recommendations as possible since I have absolutely nothing to do over the next week :biggrin:
I hope so, I need as many recommendations as possible since I have absolutely nothing to do over the next week :biggrin:

Cromartie High School dub is hilarious. There's about 20 10 minute episodes. It's about a harmless kid who somehow ends up as the biggest bad ass at a school full of delinquents on accident. It's a genuine comedy.

Gintama is my favourite anime atm - funniest one out.

Depends what genres you're into?
Original post by killa78
Cromartie High School dub is hilarious. There's about 20 10 minute episodes. It's about a harmless kid who somehow ends up as the biggest bad ass at a school full of delinquents on accident. It's a genuine comedy.

Gintama is my favourite anime atm - funniest one out.

Depends what genres you're into?

Should give that a check as well sometime.

I'm usually watching romance, but I'm still exploring :tongue:

Ahh right. My favourite anime of last season was Bokura Wa Minna Kawaisou, which is a romcom.

Toradora is a well known favourite amongst many.

And finally Nodame Cantabile is another.

Those are off the top of my head.
Original post by killa78
Ahh right. My favourite anime of last season was Bokura Wa Minna Kawaisou, which is a romcom.

Saw Toradora the moment I checked out the beginner's guide to anime

It was absolutely amazing, and I'll check out Bokura on anime-planet and get it saved on my to watch list :smile:
Original post by killa78

Nodame Cantabile was amazing. I loved the main character megumi?

Watched soo many romance ones myself

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you need romance I've got a whole list. Just ask and ill gladly tell you them.

Number one fav being Maid Sama/Itazaru Na kiss

Posted from TSR Mobile
Saw Toradora the moment I checked out the beginner's guide to anime

It was absolutely amazing, and I'll check out Bokura on anime-planet and get it saved on my to watch list :smile:

Ahh yeah. Make sure you do!

Are you currently studying at Uni?
Original post by AnimeCrazy
If you need romance I've got a whole list. Just ask and ill gladly tell you them.

Number one fav being Maid Sama/Itazaru Na kiss

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please do :rave:

I can't get enough of romance :colone:

Original post by killa78
Ahh yeah. Make sure you do!

Are you currently studying at Uni?

Will be (hopefully) :smile:
Nodame Cantabile was amazing. I loved the main character megumi?

Watched soo many romance ones myself

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aha, I ended up on most of these due to the comedy tag which is thrown around so loosely :colondollar:

Have you watched Clannad? :tongue:
Will be (hopefully) :smile:

Very noiceeeee! Where abouts?

I'm a recent law graduate, hoping to do a post grad in the future (this year) :redface:
Original post by killa78
Very noiceeeee! Where abouts?

I'm a recent law graduate, hoping to do a post grad in the future (this year) :redface:

Glyndwr, they're a new university and they even sent me a post card (I felt special about that) :u:

I'll be doing Computer Networking (as stated on my profile), but I may need/want to do a HND in law since I want to work in the security field. I might go around asking employers whether it'd be advantageous :biggrin:
Original post by killa78
Aha, I ended up on most of these due to the comedy tag which is thrown around so loosely :colondollar:

Have you watched Clannad? :tongue:

Yeah comedy is thrown around way too loosely. Clanned has got to be the saddest anime I've watched and I didn't even complete that. I even saw a part in the after story and I bawled like a baby.

Like how can one anime be so sad?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Glyndwr, they're a new university and they even sent me a post card (I felt special about that) :u:

I'll be doing Computer Networking (as stated on my profile), but I may need/want to do a HND in law since I want to work in the security field. I might go around asking employers whether it'd be advantageous :biggrin:

Ahh that might be good. Does that mean you're hoping to go into cyber law enforcement or programming for the actual security?
Yeah comedy is thrown around way too loosely. Clanned has got to be the saddest anime I've watched and I didn't even complete that. I even saw a part in the after story and I bawled like a baby.

Like how can one anime be so sad?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, it kinda put me off finishing it lol. I think in the end I frantically searched for some alternative ending to numb the sorrow, but alas it failed.

I cried myself to sleep for 3 weeks and 2 days...

Spoiler

Yeah, I've watched some absolute crap because of that genre tag. Stuff I've given up after 3 minutes lol.

Gintama is the best comedy anime available with a good story imo.

There's a current one airing, something Nozaki kun which is a kinda romcom. The art style is kinda cool, and is pretty funny due to a great protagonist.
Original post by killa78
Ahh that might be good. Does that mean you're hoping to go into cyber law enforcement or programming for the actual security?

Either one, if I can't then I'll be going for Penetration Testing, or Network Engineering :smile:
Please do :rave:

I can't get enough of romance :colone:

If I can remember them all this going to be a long list
Kimi Ni Todoke
Peach Girl
Skip beat (not much romance but love it)
Lovely complex
Golden Time
Rouge X Rouge
Tonari no kabistu kun
Clanned (I warn you SUPER sad)
School Rumble; I loved this one so funny I cried of laughter
Itazura na kiss
Maid Sama
Qoran host high school
Fruit basket
Wallflower

Well so far that's all I can remember. XD