Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Tai Ga)
    Name? :ninja:
    I can't remember, but from the link that AJ posted, it looks right! I didn't like it at ALL, but if you're into stuff like that, I guess...

ReputationRep:
    Was in the form for watching trashy crap that requires zero input from my brain, so ended up watching all of Kamisama Kiss......brain is suitably relaxed now. Still have that "wanna watch crap" itch to scratch, but I appear to have watched the vast majority of the suggested recommendations on Anime-Planet & MAL......hmmmm.

Might attempt Chobits again (some day I will finish that show) - not exactly the trashy nonsense I'm after though.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Just finished watching No Game No Life and found myself pleasantly surprised. Anyone got any recommendations for my next show that involves really clever casts working things out (so along the lines of No Game No Life and Gosick?)?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    Just finished watching No Game No Life and found myself pleasantly surprised. Anyone got any recommendations for my next show that involves really clever casts working things out (so along the lines of No Game No Life and Gosick?)?
    I'd say Death Note is the obvious recommendation, if you haven't already seen it. The battle of wits between Light and L is tough to beat. :yes: Zetsuen no Tempest is also fantastic, though both suffer from weaker second halves (in my opinion).

Also, while I wouldn't call Kaiji as clever as the protagonists of any of the above series (he's a bit too trusting and greedy for his own good), IMO the series is one of the best 'high stakes games' shows out there, so that might also be worth a look.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I'd say Death Note is the obvious recommendation, if you haven't already seen it. The battle of wits between Light and L is tough to beat. :yes: Zetsuen no Tempest is also fantastic, though both suffer from weaker second halves (in my opinion).
    Ahhh, you star . Forgot completely about Death Note - one of the few higher rated shows I put on hold when I went through my Slice of Life phase . Might have them stored up somewhere actually :holmes:

Also, while I wouldn't call Kaiji as clever as the protagonists of any of the above series (he's a bit too trusting and greedy for his own good), IMO the series is one of the best 'high stakes games' shows out there, so that might also be worth a look.
    :lol: . That one looks perfect too, thanks . Have you noticed an increase in gaming-related shows recently? Or have they always been around and I've been blissfully unaware?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Have you noticed an increase in gaming-related shows recently? Or have they always been around and I've been blissfully unaware?
    There's definitely been more 'people in an MMORPG-type world' series recently - can't think of many before the 2010s, outside of the .hack// franchise. :beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    There's definitely been more 'people in an MMORPG-type world' series recently - can't think of many before the 2010s, outside of the .hack// franchise. :beard:
    Being an avid MMORPG gamer back in the day when .hack was out...I wished for more MMORPG type animes and then low and behold these few years :teeth:

Log Horizon :gah:

ReputationRep:
    Cannot stand it when my brother disturbs me midway through an episode :argh:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Just finished Attack on Titan/Shingeki No Kyojin.

Well, well worth a watch if anyone hasn't seen it. Very glad I stuck with it until the end, and very much looking forward to the second series, even if it's not for a couple of years yet.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    really clever casts working things out
    It completely slipped my mind earlier, but if you don't mind ongoing series, this season's Zankyou no Terror is another fantastic anime that definitely falls into that category (I'm watching the 5th episode right now). :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe)

Well, well worth a watch if anyone hasn't seen it. Very glad I stuck with it until the end, and very much looking forward to the second series, even if it's not for a couple of years yet.
    That show sounds familiar:hmmmm:

I might give it a try during the weekend, how many episodes has the series got?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe)

It was great, then good, then bad, then redeemed itself abit.

Abit too magical for me and had some flaws in it.

Nonetheless solid 8/10.

What was your favourite part?
    Mine had to be
    Spoiler:
    Show
    the pretend death of the protagonist, but disliked his transformations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Binary Freak)
    That show sounds familiar:hmmmm:

I might give it a try during the weekend, how many episodes has the series got?
    24 I think.

A few specials as well.

You'll get hooked lol.

ReputationRep:
    Darker than Black is pretty cool - like X men but more violent.

And there's an adventure anime something along the lines of Nanana's collection which is treasure hunting for the sake of a dead girls. I enjoyed it although it doesn't really have a big plot.

Baccano is genius though. Absolute gem!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by killa78)
    24 I think.

A few specials as well.

You'll get hooked lol.
    I hope so, I need as many recommendations as possible since I have absolutely nothing to do over the next week

ReputationRep:
    I hope so, I need as many recommendations as possible since I have absolutely nothing to do over the next week
    Cromartie High School dub is hilarious. There's about 20 10 minute episodes. It's about a harmless kid who somehow ends up as the biggest bad ass at a school full of delinquents on accident. It's a genuine comedy.

Gintama is my favourite anime atm - funniest one out.

Depends what genres you're into?

ReputationRep:
    Cromartie High School dub is hilarious. There's about 20 10 minute episodes. It's about a harmless kid who somehow ends up as the biggest bad ass at a school full of delinquents on accident. It's a genuine comedy.

Gintama is my favourite anime atm - funniest one out.

Depends what genres you're into?
    Should give that a check as well sometime.

I'm usually watching romance, but I'm still exploring

ReputationRep:
    Should give that a check as well sometime.

I'm usually watching romance, but I'm still exploring
    Ahh right. My favourite anime of last season was Bokura Wa Minna Kawaisou, which is a romcom.

Toradora is a well known favourite amongst many.

And finally Nodame Cantabile is another.

Those are off the top of my head.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh right. My favourite anime of last season was Bokura Wa Minna Kawaisou, which is a romcom.

Saw Toradora the moment I checked out the beginner's guide to anime

It was absolutely amazing, and I'll check out Bokura on anime-planet and get it saved on my to watch list

ReputationRep:

Nodame Cantabile was amazing. I loved the main character megumi?

Watched soo many romance ones myself

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.