Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just curious with all these new people here since I've first joined...has anyone read Fap Note aka Onani Master Kurosawa? :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Nozaki-kun is seriously the best comedy I've seen in forever. Although I do think that how funny you find it is correlated to how much Shojo you have suffered through

Other than that this season is quite disappointing :erm: I've heard good things about Zankyou no terror so I may give that a shot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llewellyn)
    Nozaki-kun is seriously the best comedy I've seen in forever. Although I do think that how funny you find it is correlated to how much Shojo you have suffered through

Other than that this season is quite disappointing :erm: I've heard good things about Zankyou no terror so I may give that a shot.
    i'm actually loving this season so far! i'm currently tracking nine new anime it's crazy haha. also Zankyou no Terror is awesome I recommend it (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sasunerd)
    i'm actually loving this season so far! i'm currently tracking nine new anime it's crazy haha. also Zankyou no Terror is awesome I recommend it (:
    Thanks for the reply - I've gotten so many recommendations for it that I think I'll have to look into it

I don't know about this season, maybe I just started with the "wrong" shows.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    -Rail Wars! is starting to devolve into something rather generic, although it's different enough that I'm still watching.
    -Akame ga Kill has a lot of small mistakes and generally feels so overdramatic that it's hard to really watch seriously. The plot is also sort of tripping over itself by trying to introduce stuff for later on, but with bad pacing. It's not bad, but it could be much better.
    -Mahouka is awful, I won't deny its art and sound is well done but the characters and plot completely ruin it
    -Rokujouma (?) is just bad, I was hoping for something similar to either Haruhi Suzumiya or Chuunibyou but now I feel its an insult to those shows to compare Rokujouma to them.
    -SAO2 is ok, although it suffers similar problems to the first season. It's problems aren't as bad as Mahouka's though.
    -The Blade Dance anime is ok, I wish they'd get on with developing the story and characters instead of having all of those cliche harem scenes though.
    So out of those, I like Akame and Rail Wars, although both aren't great. Then Nozaki-kun is absolutely amazing.
    I've heard that (Sabageru/ Ao Haru Ride/ Aldnoah Zero/ Argevollen) are good - but none of these are really the genres I like. So perhaps this season just isn't for me :dontknow:

Will try Tokyo Ghoul and Barakamon as well as Zankyou no Terror. I'll probably set aside a few hours this evening to giving them a proper shot.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply - I've gotten so many recommendations for it that I think I'll have to look into it

Spoiler:
    Show
    -Rail Wars! is starting to devolve into something rather generic, although it's different enough that I'm still watching.
    -Akame ga Kill has a lot of small mistakes and generally feels so overdramatic that it's hard to really watch seriously. The plot is also sort of tripping over itself by trying to introduce stuff for later on, but with bad pacing. It's not bad, but it could be much better.
    -Mahouka is awful, I won't deny its art and sound is well done but the characters and plot completely ruin it
    -Rokujouma (?) is just bad, I was hoping for something similar to either Haruhi Suzumiya or Chuunibyou but now I feel its an insult to those shows to compare Rokujouma to them.
    -SAO2 is ok, although it suffers similar problems to the first season. It's problems aren't as bad as Mahouka's though.
    -The Blade Dance anime is ok, I wish they'd get on with developing the story and characters instead of having all of those cliche harem scenes though.
    So out of those, I like Akame and Rail Wars, although both aren't great. Then Nozaki-kun is absolutely amazing.
    I've heard that (Sabageru/ Ao Haru Ride/ Aldnoah Zero/ Argevollen) are good - but none of these are really the genres I like. So perhaps this season just isn't for me :dontknow:

Will try Tokyo Ghoul and Barakamon as well as Zankyou no Terror. I'll probably set aside a few hours this evening to giving them a proper shot.
    Zankyou no Terror is my favourite so far. Tokyo Ghoul is good however there's just too much censorship which definitely takes away from it, still the story is pretty good. Akame ga kill is overdramatic and the guy has already killed off someone which kinda cheapens the story a bit and I've been able to spot a few plot holes which is not good as I suck at spotting plot holes XD.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader

Spoiler:
    Show

In my opinion, definitely the wrong shows - I either dropped or have considered dropping everything you mentioned in the spoiler. :p: Hopefully Tokyo Ghoul, Barakamon and Zankyou no Terror will raise your opinion on what I'm finding to be a good season overall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Binary Freak)
    I needed to go back a check my anime list not long ago. I was concerned that I might've rated Bakuman as 5*, but it's not even on my list so :lol:
    If you haven't yet done so I would suggest watching Golden Time ^~^
    As you're into romance and all that ;P

Also for anyone without anything to watch - watch planetes (it's sooooooo good)

Sent from my HTC One (M8) Gold using tapatalk.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Just another random clip from Nichijou, as they tend to be far more effective at getting people to watch it than recommendations or synopses. TBH I'm watching so many of these at the moment that I may as well go and rewatch the entire series myself. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ugh Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun isn't available on crunchyroll while in italy. GRAWATYRGEJHGRKJSEAHKFJH off to another site :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

OMG picking up Zankyou was the BEST decision i've made all year. If it continues how it's going now i think it's going to be better than Death Note

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iridann)
    If you haven't yet done so I would suggest watching Golden Time ^~^
    As you're into romance and all that ;P

Also for anyone without anything to watch - watch planetes (it's sooooooo good)

Sent from my HTC One (M8) Gold using tapatalk.
    I just checked out Golden Time on Google, looks pretty good, I may end up delaying an anime for that!!

ReputationRep:
    Picked up Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei. Quite enjoy it. Magic. Shounen. Romance :love:

But this sister with a brother complex :puke:

ReputationRep:
    I have caught up with SAO and so now i need a new anime series to watch

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Any preferred genre(s), or will general recommendations do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Any preferred genre(s), or will general recommendations do?
    Fighting/romance
    And some popular Animes

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Fighting/romance
    And some popular Animes

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In that case, I'd suggest any of the following, if you haven't already seen them:

Basilisk

Noragami

Vision of Escaflowne

Utawarerumono

Mushibugyou

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you want a rec. just going off SAO then I'd say either Log Horizon or Accel World as they are both quite similar.

If you are looking for something consistent, interesting and realistic but slower paced (i..e. there is some kind of development and progression) then go with Log Horizon.

If you're looking for something a closer to SAO then go with Accel World.
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Picked up Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei. Quite enjoy it. Magic. Shounen. Romance :love:

But this sister with a brother complex :puke:
    Just a heads up; the MC in Mahouka is possibly the blandest character ever and remains that way, and the brother/sister thing won't stop. Which is a shame because there are so many good things about the anime when you subtract said MC and what is essentially his harem.

ReputationRep:
    If you want a rec. just going off SAO then I'd say either Log Horizon or Accel World as they are both quite similar.

If you are looking for something consistent, interesting and realistic but slower paced (i..e. there is some kind of development and progression) then go with Log Horizon.

If you're looking for something a closer to SAO then go with Accel World.

Just a heads up; the MC in Mahouka is possibly the blandest character ever and remains that way, and the brother/sister thing won't stop. Which is a shame because there are so many good things about the anime when you subtract said MC and what is essentially his harem.
    Haru stopped me watching accel world halfway through tbf.
    Not a fan of him.

Fighting/romance
    And some popular Animes

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Golden Time, Planetes(Not specifically a romance but god it's classic) and possibly White Album 1 + 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    x
    It's great that you take the time to give out recs with links, but perhaps it would be easier to add some general recs to the OP to refer back to, or copy paste for people who ask for [genre]?
    (Original post by Iridann)
    Haru stopped me watching accel world halfway through tbf.
    Not a fan of him.
    Yeah I can totally understand that. The guy actually disgusts me.

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

oooo I actually haven't watched half of the anime you listed (forgive me!) haha, such as SAO2 since my friend told me to avoid the first season... but Barakamon is also amazing, it had me splitting in half with laughter, it's a complete gold hope you enjoy watching them!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.