Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by vin)
    so did anyone watch ep 5 of C ....what was going on in that ad right after the Op :indiff:
    Guessing you mean episode 4 of gg's release, because 5 isn't out yet and Doki's version of 4 had nothing like that. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Guessing you mean episode 4 of gg's release, because 5 isn't out yet and Doki's version of 4 had nothing like that. :p:
    yes that...

ReputationRep:
    Damn it the Gantz manga is addictive. I got a craving for an adult manga so picked it up three days ago, and now I've read all 340 or so chapters. Although, from reading the manga after the anime, I have to admit that the anime was pretty loyal to the manga, they only added in a few scenes from memory though the ending was different. Somehow though I got far less annoyed with the characters in the manga than in the anime; I guess seeing someone moan on a piece of paper for a second, or actually listening to them for 30 seconds whine really makes a difference. But I think the main difference is that the anime stopped when Kei was still a complete *******, whereas all the characters personalities change in the manga, making each one less annoying.

ReputationRep:
    I think ive gotten into steins gate finally :redface: liked all the time travel stuff but the characters :erm:... well they dont seem so bad now :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    Finally got around to watching the entirety of school days....completely forgot how bat**** insane the ending is....one has to question the creators, methinks....

Think I'm going to try and finish angel beats this weekend too, only got 2 more episodes left, I have a really strong feeling I'm going to end up a pathetic sobbing heap on the floor...

ReputationRep:
    Having been erring to the side of "meh" I'm now giving serious thought to dropping nichijou. MAL states it as being a 26 episode show and it hasn't caught me at all. Watched the first episode of "A-channel" last night (finally) and it gave me more entertainment then the first three nichijou episodes, and given they're both slice of life shows set in school with mainly female casts...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mm_Minty)
    Finally got around to watching the entirety of school days....completely forgot how bat**** insane the ending is....one has to question the creators, methinks....

Think I'm going to try and finish angel beats this weekend too, only got 2 more episodes left, I have a really strong feeling I'm going to end up a pathetic sobbing heap on the floor...
    watch clannad (especially the after story, if you haven't already) and you'll be worse than pathetic. true story

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChunkymunkyDJC)
    Damn it the Gantz manga is addictive. I got a craving for an adult manga so picked it up three days ago, and now I've read all 340 or so chapters. Although, from reading the manga after the anime, I have to admit that the anime was pretty loyal to the manga, they only added in a few scenes from memory though the ending was different. Somehow though I got far less annoyed with the characters in the manga than in the anime; I guess seeing someone moan on a piece of paper for a second, or actually listening to them for 30 seconds whine really makes a difference. But I think the main difference is that the anime stopped when Kei was still a complete *******, whereas all the characters personalities change in the manga, making each one less annoying.
    But lately gantz has not been that exciting imo. The pace is too slow now. It used to be much better when there were no gigantic four-eyed aliens

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gandhistoto)
    watch clannad (especially the after story, if you haven't already) and you'll be worse than pathetic. true story
    Ended up not crying... think I'm a bit of a heartless ***** when it comes to films and stuff these days....

And I'm pretty sure I've been recommended that by a friend (although he was unsure of the name he was like " go watch...cannon..clannon...idk") so I'll go look that up

I need to catch up to episode 20 of durarara by monday as well :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Ended up not crying... think I'm a bit of a heartless ***** when it comes to films and stuff these days....

And I'm pretty sure I've been recommended that by a friend (although he was unsure of the name he was like " go watch...cannon..clannon...idk") so I'll go look that up

There's Kanon (2006) and there's Clannad - both are Key visual novel adaptations by Kyoto Animation and have similar themes. Very pretty shows......plot is a bit all over the place at times (as it usually is when trying to condense a VN into an anime) but they're enjoyable shows. AIR completes the triad of Key/KyoAni shows and its the best of the lot IMO.

ReputationRep:

It's not that you are heartless I think. Angel Beats has an interesting concept and great potential, but I don't think it came up as anything powerful. Although the soundtracks are really top notch I would say. Love GirlDeMo

I may be wrong in this, but I beg to differ with Caraniel since I think Air is overrated The anime is too short to develop personal feelings for the characters, IMHO.

Have you watched Baccano yet? If not I think you should watch it before Durarara, there's a cameo of the main chars of Baccano in Durarara ep :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gandhistoto)
    It's not that you are heartless I think. Angel Beats has an interesting concept and great potential, but I don't think it came up as anything powerful. Although the soundtracks are really top notch I would say. Love GirlDeMo

I may be wrong in this, but I beg to differ with Caraniel since I think Air is overrated The anime is too short to develop personal feelings for the characters, IMHO.

Have you watched Baccano yet? If not I think you should watch it before Durarara, there's a cameo of the main chars of Baccano in Durarara ep :rolleyes:
    I think it was more to do with the fact that it wasn't and out-and-out unhappy ending, as there was a lot of hope there so I didn't feel like crying (in fact, I actually laughed when
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Kanade disappears and Otonashi falls over from where he was hugging her
    ). Still think it's a top-class anime, though.
    Oh yeah, the music is beautiful. Any of the parts with "brave song" playing in the background always make me really emotional and Girldemo rock

I'll keep that in mind then :p:

I'll put that on my list then, but I've already started watching DRRR as it's playing at the anime club at my uni.

ReputationRep:
    I think it was more to do with the fact that it wasn't and out-and-out unhappy ending, as there was a lot of hope there so I didn't feel like crying (in fact, I actually laughed when
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Kanade disappears and Otonashi falls over from where he was hugging her
    ). Still think it's a top-class anime, though.
    Oh yeah, the music is beautiful. Any of the parts with "brave song" playing in the background always make me really emotional and Girldemo rock

I'll keep that in mind then :p:

I'll put that on my list then, but I've already started watching DRRR as it's playing at the anime club at my uni.
    True that. But then, even among Key's visual novels, an outright unhappy ending is rare as far as I know.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo1zRq3IJTc
    Please watch the video, it's concert by LiSa(Yui's seiyuu while singing) singing Ichiban no Takaramono(last song of Angel Beats) and she cried while singing it :cry2:

Oh and please watch Angel Beats ep 13.5, there's gar version of Otonashi in the ep

Ow icic. Well, it's just a few seconds cameo anyway.

PS: Jun Maeda had announced Angel Beats! 2nd Term for Spring release since like June last year, but it's not here yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Yeah, I mean, look at her:

Spoiler:
    Show

I'm warming to this series, definitely. Then again, I have a soft spot for anything Shaft produce. Well, mostly. :tongue:
    :cute: the other characters are pretty cute too

Menma beats them all though :puppyeyes: :redface: :p:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    :cute: the other characters are pretty cute too
    Sure, but they're not comparable to Sparkly-chan. :nah:

Menma beats them all though :puppyeyes: :redface: :p:
    She's typically cute, but that's about it. She can't rival the eccentric bishoujo. :nah: :tongue:

Edit:

On the topic of Menma:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Seeing as she can interact physically with everything around her, surely picking something up in front of everyone (i.e. the coffee mug in episode four) would make the group immediately believe in her existence? This would help out Jinta tremendously and avoid all of the backlash he's receiving, primarily from Yukiatsu, who is experiencing his own turmoil over her passing. Of course, there is still a chance that she's a figment of Jinta's imagination and that while the anime has been suggesting that she's physically interacting with everything, maybe we're viewing this through his perspective and that in actuality she doesn't exist at all? However, this wouldn't explain the times when she hasn't been with him, namely when she went back to her family home and was interacting with things there...
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Finally watched both Butt Attack Punisher Girl OVAs... put them off in hopes of a possible group MSN viewing, but screw that. It's been 5 months, and I wanted that damned badge!

The premise was similar to Kekko Kamen, featuring a school where no teaching actually happens, and girls are stripped by possessed guys, or demons etc. Despite the fact the premise itself guarantees a whole load of ecchi, there was little outright nudity in the first OVA apart from in the transformation scenes. :p: The second made up for that though, with far more explicit scenes (one requiring pixels :mmm:). Definitely found Kekko Kamen more amusing though, simply because it was the more extreme of the two. :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    Hanasaku Iroha WTF :rofl: Episode 3, that "author" is quite weird...

ReputationRep:
    Gintama 207
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Brilliant episode, last weeks was good but not up to Gintama's incredibly high standard. Today's was fantastic. I was laughing so hard when they had the dramatic music when they were making fried rice at Zenzo's house!

ReputationRep:
    I'm liking Reborn :puppyeyes:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Currently downloading Kemono no Souja Erin, since I'm up on campus (having submitted my final assignments, YEAH! ). Once that's done, I plan to watch anime solidly until I finally pass that elusive 5 month mark. :p: All this before Aberanime in the evening. :giggle:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.