Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    how do you quote more than one person's reply?? sorry I'm new to this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masumah125)
    if they're on the same page you can use the little quote marks button to add the code to the quick reply for each relevant post

Sent from my HTC One (M8) Gold using tapatalk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Thank you!

I pretty much only bought (or borrowed) printed manga volumes until this year, when I ran out of shelf space. Now I read manga on Kindle, but unfortunately there are way less series licensed for the UK ebook market - unlike printed books, they can be region locked, so a lot get released in the US only. :s: So now about half of what I read is bought, and the other half is scanlated. :yes:

As for recommendations, are there any genres in particular that you like? Or if you don't mind either way, I'd offer Necromancer, Gunslinger Girl and/or X-Day as general recommendations.
    How many books do you own? You must have loads since you've run out of room.

I like stuff like Death Note so lots of drama and suspense as well as fighting/action in general. It has to have a really good gripping plot with unexpected twists and turns.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Iridann)
    I'd actually recommend using the Jump app if you aren't already For a monthly sub it's like 1 quid something and you get 4 issues
    Can't get that for the Kindle Paperwhite, only the Fire tablets. :dontknow:

(Original post by Masumah125)
    Most people probably click the +" (multi-quote) button at the bottom of the posts they want to quote; I do it the long way (open up each post in a new tab, then copy and paste), since I'd been doing that for years before they added the feature. :p:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    How many books do you own? You must have loads since you've run out of room.

I like stuff like Death Note so lots of drama and suspense as well as fighting/action in general. It has to have a really good gripping plot with unexpected twists and turns.
    I think approx. 600 volumes, excluding the digital stuff. Here's what my collection looked like a year ago, I don't have any more up to date photos than that, but it hasn't changed much aside from the fact that the piles on the second from last pic are taller, and extend right to the front of the drawers. I also have books stacked on top of the 'main' bookshelf from the first pic. :giggle:

If you like drama/suspense and action, I think the three series I already suggested may be good matches. Though I'd also throw in Pluto and Zombie Loan. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Can't get that for the Kindle Paperwhite, only the Fire tablets. :dontknow:
    It's on iOS, Android and PC

I use it on my phone when I have change on my card. It's pretty cool you can buy back issues at 59p a pop now.

ReputationRep:
    I think approx. 600 volumes, excluding the digital stuff. Here's what my collection looked like a year ago, I don't have any more up to date photos than that, but it hasn't changed much aside from the fact that the piles on the second from last pic are taller, and extend right to the front of the drawers. I also have books stacked on top of the 'main' bookshelf from the first pic. :giggle:

If you like drama/suspense and action, I think the three series I already suggested may be good matches. Though I'd also throw in Pluto and Zombie Loan. :yes:
    That is one amazing collection! :clap2:

Cool, thanks for the suggestions I'll be sure to check them out.

ReputationRep:
    Was just browsing the top tv series on IMDB for things to watch with real people in them. Quite surprised to see so many anime series in there.:shock: Not just series like Cowboy Bebop but Attack on Titan too.

ReputationRep:
    :ahhhhh: Today is my last day to download anime:cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Binary Freak)
    :ahhhhh: Today is my last day to download anime:cry:
    Ueh?!?

ReputationRep:
    Ueh?!?

Today'll be the last day I can download anime, since my internet will be too slow when I move

I saw all of Golden Time BTW.. Got quite sad towards the end

ReputationRep:
    Today'll be the last day I can download anime, since my internet will be too slow when I move

I saw all of Golden Time BTW.. Got quite sad towards the end
    Better get downloading now! :dance: How slow is too slow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jehuty^)
    Better get downloading now! :dance: How slow is too slow?
    I've done quite a bit already

Well I'm on fibre optic (152mbps) and I'll be moving to quite a remote location so it'll be downgraded to 17Mbps :cry:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader

Well I'm on fibre optic (152mbps) and I'll be moving to quite a remote location so it'll be downgraded to 17Mbps :cry:
    I live in rural North Wales, 17mbps sounds like a dream come true! Hasn't stopped me downloading, though. :p: I can usually get hold of one episode in the time it takes me to watch another.

ReputationRep:
    I live in rural North Wales, 17mbps sounds like a dream come true! Hasn't stopped me downloading, though. :p: I can usually get hold of one episode in the time it takes me to watch another.
    :ahhhhh: On my current broadband it takes me an episode to download an entire series :rofl:

I think you might only be an hour away from where I'm moving to :eek:

ReputationRep:

Quit your whining. I had to get by with 1.3mbps before I got fibre and now I have 22mbps :|

ReputationRep:
    Quit your whining. I had to get by with 1.3mbps before I got fibre and now I have 22mbps :|

I guess it comes with being on a good package, I'll probably get used to it after a few weeks, I'll just need to connect wired whenever I want to download
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    :ahhhhh: On my current broadband it takes me an episode to download an entire series :rofl:

I think you might only be an hour away from where I'm moving to :eek:
    Those sorts of speeds do sound nice... but I'd probably end up downloading far more than I could ever watch as a result. :p:

I saw you had Corwen listed as your location, is that where you are now or where you're moving to? It's about 45 minutes from here by car. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Those sorts of speeds do sound nice... but I'd probably end up downloading far more than I could ever watch as a result. :p:

I saw you had Corwen listed as your location, is that where you are now or where you're moving to? It's about 45 minutes from here by car. :yes:
    Speeds are nice, until you need to downgrade :rofl:

Yeah, Clawdd Poncen specifically (I'll be moving there), I start travelling tomorrow, BMB are here at the moment packing :bigsmile:

ReputationRep:
    It's not fair! My brother cancelled the Japan manga tour I was supposed to go to next year!!!! It had entry to Ghibil museum, designed by hayao Miyazaki,academy award winner for spirited away, a private tour of a working anime studio, guided tours of Tokyo. I could've gone to Akihabara and nakano which is an otaku paradise of anime, manga and electronic good store. It was a 6 night hotel accommodation with Japanese breakfast daily HE DIDNT EVEN LET ME GO TO THE TOKYO GAME SHOW TOUR!!! :mad:

ITS NOT FAIR!!!!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.