Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masumah125)
    It's not fair! My brother cancelled the Japan manga tour I was supposed to go to next year!!!! It had entry to Ghibil museum, designed by hayao Miyazaki,academy award winner for spirited away, a private tour of a working anime studio, guided tours of Tokyo. I could've gone to Akihabara and nakano which is an otaku paradise of anime, manga and electronic good store. It was a 6 night hotel accommodation with Japanese breakfast daily HE DIDNT EVEN LET ME GO TO THE TOKYO GAME SHOW TOUR!!! :mad:

ITS NOT FAIR!!!!
    I found the website for this and decided to go in your place :proud:

Jk :console: Looks pretty cool tho

ReputationRep:
    I've mentioned this in a couple of places already, but here's a new piece I put up on my site: Why One Piece is a Better Story than Batman

I'd like to be clear that I'm a huge Batman/comic fan as well as a fan of One Piece/manga, my points are based on which series is better in terms of storytelling and I'd love to know what you think about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Binary Freak)
    I've done quite a bit already

Well I'm on fibre optic (152mbps) and I'll be moving to quite a remote location so it'll be downgraded to 17Mbps :cry:
    Oh wow :rofl: I've lived with 2, 4 and now 8Mbps since leaving Uni. Might take a while to download series in full Blu-ray quality but anything else is fine. Just make sure you always have something to watch whilst downloading and you won't notice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jehuty^)
    Oh wow :rofl: I've lived with 2, 4 and now 8Mbps since leaving Uni. Might take a while to download series in full Blu-ray quality but anything else is fine. Just make sure you always have something to watch whilst downloading and you won't notice.
    Yea, I'm only downloading about 9 hours worth of anime, something to watch when I'm on the train. So far I have 4 different shows downloaded :holmes:

If I was on 2Mbps I'd probably lost my sanity
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I was on 0.2 - 0.8 Mbps until late 2012... couple of hours per episode, slightly faster late at night and on weekends. Needless to say, I didn't turn my computer off very often. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    I found the website for this and decided to go in your place :proud:

Jk :console: Looks pretty cool tho
    when i read the first line i really wanted to kill you...

ReputationRep:
    when i read the first line i really wanted to kill you...
    Haha :ninja: :creep:

How come it was cancelled?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Haha :ninja: :creep:

How come it was cancelled?
    he can't go because he's working then. he's a workaholic…
    and I'm too young too travel on my own otherwise i would've gone if i was allowed.

ReputationRep:
    he can't go because he's working then. he's a workaholic…
    and I'm too young too travel on my own otherwise i would've gone if i was allowed.
    It's on every year twice a year I think One day :moon:

This mentioning of Japan reminds me of the JET Programme...But I have no desire to teach English or see giant bugs :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    It's on every year twice a year I think One day :moon:

This mentioning of Japan reminds me of the JET Programme...But I have no desire to teach English or see giant bugs :emo:
    BUT I REALLY WANTED TO GO NEXT YEAR!!:hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    Don't know what to do with myself now that I've finished Hajime No Ippo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Don't know what to do with myself now that I've finished Hajime No Ippo
    start a new anime

ReputationRep:
    start a new anime
    Anything I start now will be a disappointment after watching HNI.

ReputationRep:
    then don't do anything. don't talk. don't type. don't breathe.
    unless you wanna watch it again

ReputationRep:
    Does this include the sequel New Challenger and so on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Does this include the sequel New Challenger and so on?
    Yeah. TBH, I was disappointed by New Challenger and Rising too. Still, I'm too invested in the characters to not find it great overall.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really loving this summer season

Rankings -
    Space Dandy
    Jojo~~~
    Zankyou no Terror
    Tokyo Ghoul
    Barakamon
    Aldnoah.Zero
    Haikyuu!!
    Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
    Sailor Moon: Crystal
    Baby Steps
    Ao Haru Ride
    Glasslip

And~ Kamisama Hajimema****a <3 <3
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I've been meaning to post as it's been nearly a fortnight. I'm tending to lurk a lot more these days.

I'm very pleased that people have found the Beginner's Guide useful, particularly the recommendations at the bottom of the thread. I made a small update to the list a few months ago to make it more current, and I'll probably review the content of the entire guide at some point.

In terms of viewing habits, for a very long time, I used to watch practically everything that aired each season, barring anime targeted for children (even then, I would occasionally make an exception). Accordingly, I would typically watch 30 to 40 anime series on the go. Nowadays, due to time constraints throughout the week, this has drastically reduced. I'm normally watching around 10 to 15, give or take. This largely happens during the weekend where I watch all of my weeklies in one or two sittings. In a way, I'm starting to prefer this as it means I have something to look forward to every weekend.

As far as what's standing out for me, Zankyou no Terror and Barakamon are ticking all of the right boxes. Akame ga Kill dipped somewhat in my estimation until the most recent episode. I'd say it's now on par with Tokyo Ghoul, which is continuing to deliver.

Aside from these, Aldnoah Zero still has potential, but I'm not connecting to the characters all that much. Hopefully, that'll change in time. SAO 2 is enjoyable to watch and remains one of the series I anticipate the most, along with Mahouka, largely because of the overpowered protagonists.

I'm struggling to maintain my interest in Fate/Kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei! because, unlike its first season, the plot has not really progressed all that much. I'm finding myself even considering skipping it from time to time, which is not a good sign. Similarly, Shirogane no Ishi Argevollen is not really clicking with me. It'll probably serve better as an anime I'll marathon once it finishes.

Lastly, my guilty pleasure of the season is, without a doubt, Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance. It's beyond generic, but I'm finding myself happily opting to watch this. In fact, it's the only anime episode I've seen this week so far.

Baby Steps is really underrated. The main character is not an Ippo or Goro type, rather he has a methodical and conscientious approach to the sport that's rather refreshing. The anime has taken a while to pick up, but I'm already warming to the lead and the supporting characters. I can see this becoming something quite special if it takes the right direction.

Lastly, the only long running series I'm following is One Piece, which is enjoyable (nothing new there). On the other hand, I've kind of given up on Naruto Shippuden. I'll probably resume it eventually. I really want to start watching the remake of Hunter x Hunter because I've heard really good things about the new material. My only reluctance, given my lack of time, is having to watch over a hundred episodes just to get to that point. I've seen the first anime adaptation, so I suppose I could skip to the end of that, but that doesn't sit too well with me. :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    I've been meaning to post as it's been nearly a fortnight. I'm tending to lurk a lot more these days.

I'm very pleased that people have found the Beginner's Guide useful, particularly the recommendations at the bottom of the thread. I made a small update to the list a few months ago to make it more current, and I'll probably review the content of the entire guide at some point.

In terms of viewing habits, for a very long time, I used to watch practically everything that aired each season, barring anime targeted for children (even then, I would occasionally make an exception). Accordingly, I would typically watch 30 to 40 anime series on the go. Nowadays, due to time constraints throughout the week, this has drastically reduced. I'm normally watching around 10 to 15, give or take. This largely happens during the weekend where I watch all of my weeklies in one or two sittings. In a way, I'm starting to prefer this as it means I have something to look forward to every weekend.

As far as what's standing out for me, Zankyou no Terror and Barakamon are ticking all of the right boxes. Akame ga Kill dipped somewhat in my estimation until the most recent episode. I'd say it's now on par with Tokyo Ghoul, which is continuing to deliver.

Aside from these, Aldnoah Zero still has potential, but I'm not connecting to the characters all that much. Hopefully, that'll change in time. SAO 2 is enjoyable to watch and remains one of the series I anticipate the most, along with Mahouka, largely because of the overpowered protagonists.

I'm struggling to maintain my interest in Fate/Kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei! because, unlike its first season, the plot has not really progressed all that much. I'm finding myself even considering skipping it from time to time, which is not a good sign. Similarly, Shirogane no Ishi Argevollen is not really clicking with me. It'll probably serve better as an anime I'll marathon once it finishes.

Lastly, my guilty pleasure of the season is, without a doubt, Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance. It's beyond generic, but I'm finding myself happily opting to watch this. In fact, it's the only anime episode I've seen this week so far.

Baby Steps is really underrated. The main character is not an Ippo or Goro type, rather he has a methodical and conscientious approach to the sport that's rather refreshing. The anime overall is rather understated and arguably takes a while to pick up, but I'm already warming to the lead and the supporting characters. I can see this becoming something quite special if it takes the right direction.

Lastly, the only long running series I'm following is One Piece, which is enjoyable (nothing new there). On the other hand, I've kind of given up on Naruto Shippuden. I'll probably resume it eventually. I really want to start watching the remake of Hunter x Hunter because I've heard really good things about the new material. My only reluctance, given my lack of time, is having to watch over a hundred episodes just to get to that point. I've seen the first anime adaptation, so I suppose I could skip to the end of that, but that doesn't sit too well with me. :sadnod:

damn thats long
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    damn thats long
    Aha, I post once every two weeks or so. Might as well make the most of it. :giggle:

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.