Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

Announcements
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Apparently, this is what happens when the SCP Foundation gets hold of a generic male protagonist and his catgirl harem. :giggle:

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-2085

ReputationRep:
    Finished Oreimo 1&2. I wish someone could of told me to finish at season 2 episode 11 before a certain scene :emo:

anime y u do tis to me :banghead:

kuroneko-chan :bawling:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I've added a few extra screenshots for the four anime series that have yet to be guessed in my Identify the Anime thread - an unfair advantage for latecomers, maybe, but I live in (perhaps overly optimistic) hope that they'll all be solved before I give out the answers on Thursday. Think of this as a bonus stage. :p:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...9#post49593629
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    More new features on A-P - a 'related anime' finder that lets you know about sequels/spin-offs/movies/OVAs you haven't seen that are related to shows you have seen (I'll definitely be using that), and also personal manga recommendations (I've been using Goodreads for that, but another source can only be a good thing).

http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=225877
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    *writes a couple of lines of text, explaining why people should go and back Under the Dog, then leaves a link to the kickstarter at the bottom of the post, killing the thread for another few hours until he can think of something else to link to*

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../under-the-dog

[EDIT] Or not. :proud:

ReputationRep:
    my hands are hurting from drawing
    in the middle of drawing kirito. i hope it turns out ok
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    *writes a couple of lines of text, explaining why people should go and back Under the Dog, then leaves a link to the kickstarter at the bottom of the post, killing the thread for another few hours until he can think of something else to link to*

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../under-the-dog

[EDIT] Or not. :proud:
    Yeah, I found out about this via Production I.G's Kick-Heart project update (can't believe they're still sending us updates) where they plugged this. I'm assuming it was the same for you? Anyway, I've pledged $30. Hopefully, they reach the desired amount. :yes:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Yeah, I found out about this via Production I.G's Kick-Heart project update (can't believe they're still sending us updates) where they plugged this. I'm assuming it was the same for you? Anyway, I've pledged $30. Hopefully, they reach the desired amount. :yes:
    I found out about it a few hours after it launched, thanks to Anime News Network, though I did get the Kick Heart update as well. :yes: My current pledge is $115... which is probably a bad idea seeing as I'm facing imminent unemployment, but I really want to see this get made! All I hope is that the figurine designs they'll be releasing later aren't enough to tempt me further.

ReputationRep:
    okay I'm getting annoyed now Why does sexy time on love stage involve everything apart from Ryoma turning into some cloudy background? What kind of nonsensical censoring :rant:

ReputationRep:
    I actually miss anime. I've been watching it.ever since.I could remember. I was such a freak. Still am but not as much.as two years ago. College messed me up so nicely ;(

The.other day started watching Hunter X Hunter already on ep 70 why did I stop Amine??!!!

Seriouky need to get back into it. People recommend me what to watch pls. Thank

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnimeCrazy)
    I actually miss anime. I've been watching it.ever since.I could remember. I was such a freak. Still am but not as much.as two years ago. College messed me up so nicely ;(

The.other day started watching Hunter X Hunter already on ep 70 why did I stop Amine??!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Your username makes me cry :cry:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    Your username makes me cry :cry:.

Had this username for years, actually forgot what it was uno :P

Hahaha why?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you're into something a bit soft and fluffy, with romance and action thrown into the mix I recommend Bible Black :flutter:

ReputationRep:
    I havent watched anime in a couple years but can any of you guys suggest something similar to soul eater ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are there any genres or types of series you'd prefer? If not, here's a few general recommendations.

Steins;Gate

Kill La Kill

Katanagatari

Black Lagoon

Magi

Hope something there interests you; if not, let us know in more detail the type of anime you were hoping for.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Nvmthename)
    I havent watched anime in a couple years but can any of you guys suggest something similar to soul eater ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you haven't watched it yet, there's the spin-off Soul Eater Not that aired earlier this year - not as popular as the original, but possibly worth checking out.

Aside from that, I've not seen that many series that I'd call similar to Soul Eater (I don't watch much in the way of shounen), but here's my best attempt:

D.Gray-man

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Fullmetal Alchemist and/or FMA: Brotherhood

Noragami

Hope they're not too far off the mark, but either way they're good series in their own right. :giggle:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Tai Ga)
    okay I'm getting annoyed now Why does sexy time on love stage involve everything apart from Ryoma turning into some cloudy background? What kind of nonsensical censoring :rant:
    It was pretty weird, seeing Ryoma opening Izumi's shirt to reveal a beautiful blue sky. :p: I'm not sure whether it's better or worse that they leave Sky-zumi's hair and mouth uncensored. I wonder if they plan on uncensoring it for BD/DVD release? :hmmmm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    If you haven't watched it yet, there's the spin-off Soul Eater Not that aired earlier this year - not as popular as the original, but possibly worth checking out.

Aside from that, I've not seen that many series that I'd call similar to Soul Eater (I don't watch much in the way of shounen), but here's my best attempt:

D.Gray-man

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Fullmetal Alchemist and/or FMA: Brotherhood

Noragami

Hope they're not too far off the mark, but either way they're good series in their own right. :giggle:
    Thank you very much

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tai Ga)
    If you're into something a bit soft and fluffy, with romance and action thrown into the mix I recommend Bible Black :flutter:
    How can you say it so innocently to others when you know what it is :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    How can you say it so innocently to others when you know what it is :bawling:
    :shh:

I know you love everything I recommend :flutter:

Bible Black is artistic and innovative and brings forth true emotion in the viewer.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.