Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tai Ga)
    :shh:

I know you love everything I recommend :flutter:

Bible Black is artistic and innovative and brings forth true emotion in the viewer.
    I still remember in my first year of university living in halls one of my friends there asked for anime recommendations. I suggested Bible Black and he watched it without looking into it...his reaction was hilarious :teehee:

I have watched it myself tho

I've just seen Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai... I can imagine you similar to the yaoi loving girl Rika :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Just out of interest, has anyone here looked at the JET Programme? AJ? :beard:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Just finished Tenshi ni Narumon! It got quite dark in the second half! :zomg: Good ending, though.

(Original post by Keoje)
    Is that the thing to do with teaching? I'm aware of it, but don't really see why it would be relevant to me? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Broadband is fixed, now it is time for some anime :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Is that the thing to do with teaching? I'm aware of it, but don't really see why it would be relevant to me? :confused:
    Yep. Well you'd get to spend the year experiencing Japan and everything. Thought you might of been interested and wondered if you had looked into it before
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Binary Freak)
    Broadband is fixed, now it is time for some anime :woo:
    Welcome back!

(Original post by Keoje)
    Yep. Well you'd get to spend the year experiencing Japan and everything. Thought you might of been interested and wondered if you had looked into it before
    Nah, I couldn't be less interested in teaching. :yucky: Not sure I'd have the confidence to spend so long in a country so far away, where English isn't the main language, either. :no: If I do ever visit Japan, it'll just be for a holiday. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Welcome back!
    Thanks! I've slowly been going insane, time for some Kimi ni Todoke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnimeCrazy)
    Had this username for years, actually forgot what it was uno :P

Hahaha why?
    It was my favourite website to watch anime on but it got shut down about a year ago XD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    I still remember in my first year of university living in halls one of my friends there asked for anime recommendations. I suggested Bible Black and he watched it without looking into it...his reaction was hilarious :teehee:

I have watched it myself tho

I've just seen Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai... I can imagine you similar to the yaoi loving girl Rika :laugh:
    Such cruelty. How could you subject your friend to that :no:

I at least had years of homoerotic manga/doujins behind me so I wasn't as phased :awesome:

I found the futanari rather intriguing though

I love her. She was one of my favourite characters lol. And we both wear glasses :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I couldn't be less interested in teaching. :yucky: Not sure I'd have the confidence to spend so long in a country so far away, where English isn't the main language, either. :no: If I do ever visit Japan, it'll just be for a holiday. :p:
    Haha I feel the same way and it's putting me off it. Despite that I'm still considering it as it's kinda like a once in a lifetime opportunity. Japanese culture, food and maid cafes :ninja:
    (Original post by Tai Ga)
    Such cruelty. How could you subject your friend to that :no:

I at least had years of homoerotic manga/doujins behind me so I wasn't as phased :awesome:

I found the futanari rather intriguing though

I love her. She was one of my favourite characters lol. And we both wear glasses :woo:
    Such cruelty is nothing in comparison to the yaoi-rific recommendations you make to these innocent people on here :puppyeyes:

I take it you know what Boku no Pico is then :mmm:

Yep she is my favourite characters by far too. Followed by Kobato-chan...so damn kawaii!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Haha I feel the same way and it's putting me off it. Despite that I'm still considering it as it's kinda like a once in a lifetime opportunity. Japanese culture, food and maid cafes :ninja:

Such cruelty is nothing in comparison to the yaoi-rific recommendations you make to these innocent people on here :puppyeyes:

I take it you know what Boku no Pico is then :mmm:

Yep she is my favourite characters by far too. Followed by Kobato-chan...so damn kawaii!
    They're not that bad. The corn scene was absolutely harmless :hand:

Nuu Boku no Pico is precious, beautiful trap. Bible Black futa can't even compare.

LOL sena's love for that child was borderline pedophilia

ReputationRep:
    A-P has changed :eek: and im liking it :yes: very fresh and clear :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    A-P has changed :eek: and im liking it :yes: very fresh and clear :coma:
    I'm liking the suggestions section!:yep::yes::yeah::zomg:

ReputationRep:
    Are there any genres or types of series you'd prefer? If not, here's a few general recommendations.

Steins;Gate

Kill La Kill

Katanagatari

Black Lagoon

Magi

Hope something there interests you; if not, let us know in more detail the type of anime you were hoping for.
    Thank you! I've seen two.of em so far. And I'm looking more into action / adventure. Some thing like Hunter X hunter ;P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Yup! Im learning Japanese in Uni and after I graduate I'm hoping to teach in Japan for a year just for experience. I'm 100% serious about that. XD haha what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnimeCrazy)
    Yup! Im learning Japanese in Uni and after I graduate I'm hoping to teach in Japan for a year just for experience. I'm 100% serious about that. XD haha what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've graduated now and don't know what to do with my life Although teaching English isn't really what I'd like to do...I think the experience itself would be a very good one. So an exception could be possible. I also get to explore Japan as a bonus and enjoy everything it offers

I understand you might be teaching a variety of schools at all ages but if I somehow get paired up with juniors...shouldn't be too hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    I've graduated now and don't know what to do with my life Although teaching English isn't really what I'd like to do...I think the experience itself would be a very good one. So an exception could be possible. I also get to explore Japan as a bonus and enjoy everything it offers

I understand you might be teaching a variety of schools at all ages but if I somehow get paired up with juniors...shouldn't be too hard
    I.don't want to teach either. But.if.its for.Japan I would love it. The idea of.staying there for a whole year makes me happy. Would love to teach in a highschool! Can't wait to.visit Japan

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Really enjoying Aldnoah.Zero at the moment, but I'm a sucker for anything by Gen Urobuchi, Sci-Fi and Mecha.

I keep reading complaints about the Inaho character, and how 'underdeveloped' he his and emotionally stunted. I just assumed he was kind of on the spectrum? (No offense intended to those who are!)

I watched Attack on Titan, but I wasn't particularly impressed. Most episodes consisted of pointlessly drawn out internal monologues about whether they have the courage to act or not, with only the last couple of minutes bearing any resemblance of a plot. It's hard to see how it could have any re-watch value. It relied too heavily on each episode having a cliff hanger at the end.

It's a pity because I really liked the concept and the art direction. It feels like one of those mangas/animes where the world/setting is more interesting than the characters themselves.

Zankyou no Terror looks pretty interesting. Does anyone know if I'd have to watch Higashi No Eden first?

I'm about to watch the 3rd OVA for Mardock Scramble. I was impressed with the other two, even if it mostly went over my simple mind. I liked the egg 'theme.'

EDIT: Oh, nvm! Just realised Zankyou no Terror is not linked to Higashi No Eden, just similarly themed.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I posted the answers to my identify the anime thread last night, but forgot to leave a link here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1&postcount=56

ReputationRep:
    Decided to finally go back and finish Nobunagun. What the hell is with Newton's kissing thing haha?

Sent from my HTC One (M8) Gold using tapatalk.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.