Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dash52)
    i just finished watching it a couple days ago, great anime. Recommend any similar?
    I don't believe I know any similar anime as good as FMA, so hopefully someone more experienced can intervene .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TroyAndAbed)
    It's Rikka from Chuunibyou!
    Ahh so it is, can't say i've ever seen it before so no wonder why Certainly pretty simular looking:

(Original post by dash52)
    i just finished watching it a couple days ago, great anime. Recommend any similar?
    You'll have to forgive me if I rec things you've already seen. D. Gray-man is a fairly obvious choice, adventure shounen, fairly dark but with a lot of humour and action. http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/dgrayman

Pumpkin Scissors - Think FMA without the magic and more of a focus on the military. It's more episodic than FMA but each one is used to gain more development to the post-war world and the internal politics. FMA is probably the better anime but I really like it. http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/pumpkin-scissors

Darker than Black - More IRL setting but the magic element works much the same to the 'law of exchange' and there's still the violent action side to it. Less humour in this one and more conspiracy thriller but it's very taut and really worth a watch: http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/darker-than-black

Trigun - Halfway between Cowboy Bebop and FMA. Both animes are pretty light hearted with silly characters that have that darker edge to them. Both have really good fantasy setting and a lot of action. Trigun is rather more episodic though. http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/trigun

Xam'd Lost Memories as well, ala FMA it's a journey to get home full of action, humour and drama/tragedy. Both have the military aspect and for my money it has better characters. http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/xamd-lost-memories

From the New World - More Sci-fi this time round, i'd rec this one if what you liked about FMA was the themes over the setting and the shounen elements. http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/from-the-new-world

Fate/Zero - Sort of the dark side of magic again but much more of a slow burn than FMA:B http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/fate-zero

And of course Code Geass. Because Code Geass. Fairy Tail works too but it's much more light hearted than FMA.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    *is back* :hello:

Had a good time at Reading, Bristol, Wells, Westbury-sub-Mendip and the various other places I ended up at. Didn't watch much in the way of anime, apart from the Fake OVA (meh) and three episodes of Night Wizard (also meh). A lot of time and money was spent planning a future cosplay, though.

I usually come back from this annual trip with a pile of manga, but that didn't happen either since everything I buy is for my Kindle. However, I was tempted by a Jewel BEM Hunter Lime art book that I found in an Oxfam charity shop for £2.99, because that's the kind of obscure thing I love, and am highly unlikely to find again. :zomg: It's like this one, but missing the obi. The second of two, apparently. :beard:

Anime-wise, I bought RG Veda at the same Oxfam shop, as the friend I was visiting collects anime on VHS... turns out she already had it, though, so now I have my first (non-Pokemon, Digimon etc) anime VHS tape. I've not watched RG Veda, but will probably download it instead of going through the effort of setting up a VCR. :p:

(Original post by Truered)
    It has the 'hau' :excited:
    Long time no see! Though I did think of you recently, after the character Muse made her first appearance in Tenshi ni Narumon! :p:

ReputationRep:
    May I urge everybody to watch episode 8 of Space Dandy as soon as they can?
    Watanabe Shinichiro has two shows in one season and easily secures both top spots. <333

Although Zankyou no Terror is a little more generic and unbelievable than I'd hoped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    *is back* :hello:

Had a good time at Reading, Bristol, Wells, Westbury-sub-Mendip and the various other places I ended up at. Didn't watch much in the way of anime, apart from the Fake OVA (meh) and three episodes of Night Wizard (also meh). A lot of time and money was spent planning a future cosplay, though.

I usually come back from this annual trip with a pile of manga, but that didn't happen either since everything I buy is for my Kindle. However, I was tempted by a Jewel BEM Hunter Lime art book that I found in an Oxfam charity shop for £2.99, because that's the kind of obscure thing I love, and am highly unlikely to find again. :zomg: It's like this one, but missing the obi. The second of two, apparently. :beard:

Anime-wise, I bought RG Veda at the same Oxfam shop, as the friend I was visiting collects anime on VHS... turns out she already had it, though, so now I have my first (non-Pokemon, Digimon etc) anime VHS tape. I've not watched RG Veda, but will probably download it instead of going through the effort of setting up a VCR. :p:

Long time no see! Though I did think of you recently, after the character Muse made her first appearance in Tenshi ni Narumon! :p:

Hnnng

I've been getting some manga from Waterstones recently, amazon are about the same price, and if I spend £100 I get a £10 gift card :nyoron:

Picked up the rerelease of Monster last week, I wanted to collect it years ago, but was out of stock by then. Flicked through it, and kept going just to see the developments- looks very interesting. I've also started collecting Nisekoi, My little Monster, Ranma 1/2 and Inyuyasha from that shop...they started the gift card voucher offer after I'd bought most of it :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IMakeSenseToNone)
    My life is now just watching Binary's avatar on loop :innocent: I keep thinking it's from Another but I don't remember the bow... Nor her being so expressive at any one time.

How is that by the way? Finally finished S1 and I sort of can't tell if I like it or not. Horror elements and the cycles are wonderful but i'm not engaged with any of the characters - Is it worth the time commitment?
    I can't really give an unbiased answer, I enjoyed it, but I liked most of the characters. If you don't care for them it probably isn't worth it.

The eventual truth or resolution is quite odd :yes:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    ANOTHER new Anime-Planet feature: the site now gives personal recommendations based on the tag(s) you have marked as loved. A quick way to get recommendations for specific shows, e.g. horror, sci-fi... ecchi :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Hnnng

I've been getting some manga from Waterstones recently, amazon are about the same price, and if I spend £100 I get a £10 gift card :nyoron:

Picked up the rerelease of Monster last week, I wanted to collect it years ago, but was out of stock by then. Flicked through it, and kept going just to see the developments- looks very interesting. I've also started collecting Nisekoi, My little Monster, Ranma 1/2 and Inyuyasha from that shop...they started the gift card voucher offer after I'd bought most of it :cry:
    I really liked watching My little monster. That was quiet cool.

I spend too much money on other things to collect manga right now ;-; Have some Death Note, Bakuman and an issue of Owari no Serafu though haha

Sent from my HTC One (M8) Gold using tapatalk.

ReputationRep:
    ANOTHER new Anime-Planet feature: the site now gives personal recommendations based on the tag(s) you have marked as loved. A quick way to get recommendations for specific shows, e.g. horror, sci-fi... ecchi :ninja:
    Lolirific vampires.

Who's been messing around on my account? :ninja:

I have made the move into blu rays over the last year or so. Got screwed when Cowboy Bebop and Steins;Gate got a complete collection release :grumble:

Been waiting for Sword Art Online to get cheap on either format, even after seeing AJ's opinion a while back.

ReputationRep:
    I can't really give an unbiased answer, I enjoyed it, but I liked most of the characters. If you don't care for them it probably isn't worth it.

The eventual truth or resolution is quite odd :yes:
    In which case I shall skip and save myself a fair amount of time, merci :yep:

Ha, it was never going to be perfect was it? Paranoia Agent was the only anime centred around a messed up mystery i've seen that really delievers on the ending, although I quick like how insane Another went.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Been waiting for Sword Art Online to get cheap on either format, even after seeing AJ's opinion a while back.
    Meh, I can't convince everyone. Though I think I successfully put the friends I was visiting over the weekend off from ever watching it. :proud:

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Kuroko no Basket is ending this week. There's an alleged final colour page floating around on the internet but nothing has been confirmed yet. Hopefully if true this means the 3rd season of the anime will be able to fully adapt the manga including the proper ending.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by TroyAndAbed)
    Apparently Kuroko no Basket is ending this week. There's an alleged final colour page floating around on the internet but nothing has been confirmed yet. Hopefully if true this means the 3rd season of the anime will be able to fully adapt the manga including the proper ending.
    As usual, I remain sceptical of any anime news that hasn't been covered by ANN. They announce the endings of loads of manga I've never heard of on a weekly basis, so I'd be amazed if as popular a series as Kuroko no Basket slipped under their radar. I'll keep an eye out on there, though. :beard:

ReputationRep:
    As usual, I remain sceptical of any anime news that hasn't been covered by ANN. They announce the endings of loads of manga I've never heard of on a weekly basis, so I'd be amazed if as popular a series as Kuroko no Basket slipped under their radar. I'll keep an eye out on there, though. :beard:
    @newsmangajapon on Twitter are my go to source and they've mentioned it but said it isn't 100% official yet.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Quick one. Anyone know about any developments on Durarara! ?(that was weird to type). I know it's been a long while since it was first aired, but people have been going on about a second season coming out. Thing is, when?

"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple" ~L
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Judge Jasel)
    Hey guys,

Quick one. Anyone know about any developments on Durarara! ?(that was weird to type). I know it's been a long while since it was first aired, but people have been going on about a second season coming out. Thing is, when?
    It's been officially announced that it'll air in the Winter season (so starting in January). :yes:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...nveiled/.77386

ReputationRep:
    It's been officially announced that it'll air in the Winter season (so starting in January). :yes:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...nveiled/.77386

Ahhh, been a while since I checked. :/ Thank youssss!!

ReputationRep:
    The new Fate stay night trailer shows that it has jaw dropping animation, can't wait .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    The new Fate stay night trailer shows that it has jaw dropping animation, can't wait .
    The animation does look great, but I wish they would make the' Heaven's Feel' route film before adapting the Unlimited Blade Works route into a series, especially considering the UBW route has a film in 2010.

That said, Shiro is actually pretty badass in the UBW route, much unlike the original anime arc...

"I AM DEH BONE OF MY SWORD... UNLIMITED BLADO WORKSU!!!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Nombre)
    The animation does look great, but I wish they would make the' Heaven's Feel' route film before adapting the Unlimited Blade Works route into a series, especially considering the UBW route has a film in 2010.

That said, Shiro is actually pretty badass in the UBW route, much unlike the original anime arc...

"I AM DEH BONE OF MY SWORD... UNLIMITED BLADO WORKSU!!!"
    :rofl: this is all gibberish to me, all I've seen is Fate/Zero and thought it was amazing .

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.