The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7780
Original post by AngryJellyfish
As a former player of Magic: The Gathering, I'd be curious about the card game... the anime didn't make it very clear what the game was like, though. :tongue:

it's similar to Cardfight and Buddyfight. made by the same people that made Duel Masters.

you get to draw two cards per turn
Original post by Knowing
Anyone seen Black Bullet (from the spring season)?

Just finished and loved it, only to have my appreciation stamped on after reading the godawful reviews on MAL :frown:

Also watched Yuru Yuri which was hilarious and not actually that yuri at all

I saw black bullet and enjoyed it but could've been better. All the loli made me angru.
OP and ED are safe tho'.
Original post by Arithmeticae
Hey there everyone! :biggrin:

Has anyone got any short (less than 15 eps) recs, want to finish off a few more series before I have to go back to school :emo:

Are there any types of series/genres you'd prefer? If not, here's a few general recommendations :smile:

Baccano!

Sidonia no Kishi

Kokoro Connect

Gatchaman Crowds

Haibane Renmei
Original post by Arithmeticae
I like quite a few different genres tbh, but my favourites are slice of life (Clannad, Angel Beats), shounen (SAO, AOT, Naruto) and psychological (Monster, Code Geass, Eden of the East)

Thanks a lot, I'll check those out! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem! I think most of what I've recommended falls into one or more of those categories. :yes:
Might sound like a noob :tongue: but does anyone know why the Berserk anime never carried on? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DDan123
Might sound like a noob :tongue: but does anyone know why the Berserk anime never carried on? :redface:

I don't have a definitive answer for why the original series never carried on, though from what I've heard from friends who've read the manga, it may simply be that the source material was too explicit to continue on TV... The staff responsible for the recent movie trilogy did hint in February last year that there would be more to come, but I've not heard anything since then. :dontknow:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-02-02/berserk-staff-still-planning-more-after-3-films
(edited 9 years ago)
I don't have a definitive answer for why the original series never carried on, though from what I've heard from friends who've read the manga, it may simply be that the source material was too explicit to continue on TV... The staff responsible for the recent movie trilogy did hint in February last year that there would be more to come, but I've not heard anything since then. :dontknow:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-02-02/berserk-staff-still-planning-more-after-3-films

Ohh lool yh the anime was entertaining but depressing at the same time :tongue: I started the manga afterwards and it's one of my all time favourites but the author Miura takes ages :/ I've heard Bleach has some pretty badass swordplay too...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yen Press have licensed the Log Horizon light novels which I am very excited about. It is one of my favorite anime so I'm excited to be able to own & support the source material. :biggrin:
eManga is releasing most of DMP's Tezuka licenses digitally. :coma: Greatly appreciated, considering how expensive paperback copies of Barbara are these days! And they're offering 10% off your next order for anyone who buys one of said titles - too good an offer for me to miss out on, so I bought Yuusha Dan. :biggrin:
I recently started collecting My little monster and Deadman Wonderland after discovering they had been completed.

I've also been eyeing up The Flowers of Evil, and last night I've discovered Sankarea which I've been thinking about for a while is complete. I've decided to try and focus more on completed manga for now- I'm also mulling over Soul Eater as I liked the anime way back when.
Original post by Truered
I've also been eyeing up The Flowers of Evil, and last night I've discovered Sankarea which I've been thinking about for a while is complete. I've decided to try and focus more on completed manga for now- I'm also mulling over Soul Eater as I liked the anime way back when.

I'm really enjoying The Flowers of Evil. Just waiting for volume 11 in October so I can see how it concludes!

I'm trying to focus more on completed manga as well. I don't think I can handle starting another never-ending shounen series...
Original post by TroyAndAbed
I'm really enjoying The Flowers of Evil. Just waiting for volume 11 in October so I can see how it concludes!

I'm trying to focus more on completed manga as well. I don't think I can handle starting another never-ending shounen series...

:ditto: The Flowers of Evil, I hope the ending lives up to the rest of the series!

You'd have thought I'd have learned my lesson about ongoing manga series (either unfinished in Japan, or simply not fully published here yet), seeing how so many of those I've collected over the years have ended up dropped, or victims of publishers going bust... I haven't, though. Fifteen of the twenty series I'm following aren't fully available in English, and the waits between releases for some of them are quite painful. :sadnod:
You'd have thought I'd have learned my lesson about ongoing manga series (either unfinished in Japan, or simply not fully published here yet), seeing how so many of those I've collected over the years have ended up dropped, or victims of publishers going bust... I haven't, though. Fifteen of the twenty series I'm following aren't fully available in English, and the waits between releases for some of them are quite painful. :sadnod:

I've yet to be affected by a publisher going bust/dropping a title but I'm always wary. It's always a relief to hold the final volume in your hands. I'm pretty sure Eyeshield 21 wasn't doing well for Viz so I was glad they reached the final volume. The waits can be annoying too. I don't think there's been a new volume of Yotsuba&! for about a year and the next one isn't even out in Japan yet so that's a long way off. Luckily it's fairly episodic so nothing to really remember in terms of plot.
Original post by TroyAndAbed
I've yet to be affected by a publisher going bust/dropping a title but I'm always wary. It's always a relief to hold the final volume in your hands. I'm pretty sure Eyeshield 21 wasn't doing well for Viz so I was glad they reached the final volume. The waits can be annoying too. I don't think there's been a new volume of Yotsuba&! for about a year and the next one isn't even out in Japan yet so that's a long way off. Luckily it's fairly episodic so nothing to really remember in terms of plot.

Yotsuba&! Is one of the series I'm collecting, and yes, not having to remember the plot makes it a little easier. :tongue: It's also been over a year since the last release of the Spice & Wolf manga, but having read the light novels and watched the anime adaptations, I should be fine with that too. Loveless, I'm more worried about...

The longest breaks I've had to put up with in the past were for Shoulder a Coffin Kuro (four year wait between vol 2 and 3, and two more years for vol 4 due to intermittent releases in Japan), and Gunslinger Girl (four year wait between ADV's last release and Seven Seas taking over publication). Oh, and Elemental Gelade, but that was due to my own stubborn refusal to give DMG's digital-only releases a chance until years after they rescued it from Tokyopop. :redface:

Can't complain too much though - at least they got resumed (unlike Maria+Holic :bawling:)
Carrying on from the above subject, Claymore is ending! :zomg: That's an ongoing series I've been considering starting for a while, especially now that I can read it on Kindle so don't have to find space for 26+ volumes. :p: Might have to move it up my priorities list now!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-08-31/claymore-manga-to-publish-grand-finale-in-october/.78220
(edited 9 years ago)
Bombarded with the amount of anime and manga out there that I haven't even discovered anyway. Thankful one is finishing :tongue:

I've finished most of Seo Kouji's works so I'm expanding my bubble now :tongue:
Original post by Keoje
Bombarded with the amount of anime and manga out there that I haven't even discovered anyway. Thankful one is finishing :tongue:

Every time a manga or anime series ends, another will quickly replace it in its magazine/TV slot. :p:
Every time a manga or anime series ends, another will quickly replace it in its magazine/TV slot. :p:

I know u probably don't dig mainstream anime (btw, I apologise for never editing my post) but have u seen HxH.
I recently binged it. Finished about 2 days ago.

Well there's that too :tongue: I've gotten back into anime and manga a lot over the last few weeks. Really love some series. Happy knowing there's more out there that I haven't discovered and also more to be made :colondollar:
Original post by keromedic
I know u probably don't dig mainstream anime (btw, I apologise for never editing my post) but have u seen HxH.
I recently binged it. Finished about 2 days ago.

I'm a long time fan of HxH. Great series :tongue:
Original post by Keoje

I'm a long time fan of HxH. Great series :tongue:

I love it so much :smile:. I'm team Killua.

I saw the 1999 version but instead of watching the OVAs and then jumping to the 2011 version like someone suggested, I just watched the 2011 version from the top :tongue:.
I read some of the manga after but it sucks imo. I hope this hiatus isn't permanent like bleach -_-. It's so awesome.

Not sure what to watch now tbh. Hopefully something dubbed. I want to be able to utilize my 2nd screen and watch stuff while doing work :tongue:.

Latest