Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    I've always liked Yakitate Japan! for it's comedy. Today I have found it's spiritual successor! A manga known as Shokugeki no Soma and it's about cooking instead, but it still has the good old comedy reactions (can be slightly ecchi :ninja:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    I've always liked Yakitate Japan! for it's comedy. Today I have found it's spiritual successor! A manga known as Shokugeki no Soma and it's about cooking instead, but it still has the good old comedy reactions (can be slightly ecchi :ninja:)
    The tentacles in chapter 1 are about as risqué as it gets. The artist used to draw hentai so I think he was trying to use his talents to gain fans. :P But as the series proved to be popular/a success, there has been less & less fan service.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TroyAndAbed)
    The tentacles in chapter 1 are about as risqué as it gets. The artist used to draw hentai so I think he was trying to use his talents to gain fans. :P But as the series proved to be popular/a success, there has been less & less fan service.
    I'm surprised that someone on here has read it :shock:

I'm only on chapter 7 so I thought I'd mention it just in case :ahee: It's a pretty interesting series tho Hope they don't totally remove the fan service :emo:

*is one of those fans* :ninja:

[edit] oh fan service delivered later on :perv:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    I'm surprised that someone on here has read it :shock:

I'm only on chapter 7 so I thought I'd mention it just in case :ahee: It's a pretty interesting series tho Hope they don't totally remove the fan service :emo:

*is one of those fans* :ninja:
    It has quite a large fanbase in Japan (sells around 300,000 a volume) & is selling quite well in America too (the 1st volume was a NYT bestseller for 3 weeks). Think it should be getting an anime early 2015.

It doesn't totally lose the fan service, it just has less than it does in the earlier chapters.

ReputationRep:
    Tokyo ghoul's manga ending was just one of the worst endings I've seen in a long ass time, all the questions were just chucked out of the window and gave us some bs ending. People are speculating it's all a marketing ploy and there might be another season, lets hope so .

ReputationRep:
    So many new animes I don't know what to do XD. WHERE DO I START *_*

ReputationRep:
    Anyone read Last Game? Shoujo manga

ReputationRep:
    Ta for the repost as I would have missed it. And you know I love these things Such excellent work again senor AJ. I'll be re-running the Secret Santa this year as well (just as a heads up for everyone), it takes ages to organise so i'll start the ball rolling in good old October.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    Ta for the repost as I would have missed it. And you know I love these things Such excellent work again senor AJ. I'll be re-running the Secret Santa this year as well (just as a heads up for everyone), it takes ages to organise so i'll start the ball rolling in good old October.
    No problem, glad you liked it.

I was just thinking about the Secret Santa a few days ago, actually. I'll definitely be signing up to that! ...and I'll try not to be so harsh in my reviews this time.

*also hopes he'll hear back from the person who receives his picks this time around* :moon:

ReputationRep:
    oh secret santa still havent got round to watching last year ones oops :ninja: :redface:

(Original post by Dilzo999)
    Tokyo ghoul's manga ending was just one of the worst endings I've seen in a long ass time, all the questions were just chucked out of the window and gave us some bs ending. People are speculating it's all a marketing ploy and there might be another season, lets hope so .
    is that the manga or anime as im thnking about watching the anime but if its got a crap ending dont think im gona bother :yucky:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    is that the manga or anime as im thnking about watching the anime but if its got a crap ending dont think im gona bother :yucky:
    The last episode of the anime isn't out yet so I'd assume they are talking about the manga's ending.

ReputationRep:
    :poke:
    Holy **** balls Euge. I just watched the first episode of Nisekoi. I totes understand what you mean by the anime style.

****. Such quality :coma:

Eugenius-sama :adore:

Yeah I like this recommendation a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Holy **** balls Euge. I just watched the first episode of Nisekoi. I totes understand what you mean by the anime style.

****. Such quality :coma:

Eugenius-sama :adore:

Yeah I like this recommendation a lot
    Yeah was really surprised,
    Have you been reading the Nisekoi manga?
    :3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iridann)
    Yeah was really surprised,
    Have you been reading the Nisekoi manga?
    :3
    I've been on a manga binge lately and wanted to but got persuaded to watch the anime instead. Never looked at the manga but I quite like how it's turned out. It's still ongoing so after I finish it I'll probably spoil myself later on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    I've been on a manga binge lately and wanted to but got persuaded to watch the anime instead. Never looked at the manga but I quite like how it's turned out. It's still ongoing so after I finish it I'll probably spoil myself later on
    I've been reading it in jump and I'm enjoying it thoroughly. I'd recommend watching world trigger this season as well, as I think the manga is really great

You looking forward to anything in particular this autumn season?

ReputationRep:
    oh secret santa still havent got round to watching last year ones oops :ninja: :redface:

It's the manga, don't let the ending deter you, the manga is a lot better than the anime but the anime is still good .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iridann)
    I've been reading it in jump and I'm enjoying it thoroughly. I'd recommend watching world trigger this season as well, as I think the manga is really great

You looking forward to anything in particular this autumn season?
    Will take a note of World Trigger then :awesome:

I only scanned it for any titles I knew of

Haven't looked into anything else but I'm looking forward to Log Horizon s2

Think I noticed a harem anime called Girlfriend too :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Halfway through Nisekoi. Just out of interest does this have an anime original ending or is there going to be a sequel? I realize the manga is still ongoing.

Also...Kana Hanazawa seiyuu who also did Kuroneko :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    I know. It was literally a whole wtf moment for me. So many unanswered questions and no conclusion.

Spoiler ahead!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I legit don't even know if kaneki is dead, because it's pretty damn bold for a shounen manga artist to kill off his mc. I assume it must continue since we just found out the real identity of owl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Halfway through Nisekoi. Just out of interest does this have an anime original ending or is there going to be a sequel? I realize the manga is still ongoing.

Also...Kana Hanazawa seiyuu who also did Kuroneko :love:
    I can't recall if I got round to finishing the anime but I had thought it was following the manga.

Kuroneko too stronk :bigsmile:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.