Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Nombre)
    Episode 12 Aldnoah Zero:

Spoiler:
    Show
    SLAINE, WHY YOU SHOOT INAHO!? :nooo:

Last week I started to watch Zankyou No Terror, and I'm currently on episode 9. The directing is brilliant, and the opening theme has been in my head all week. Five shouldn't be allowed to speak anymore lines of Engrish though!

I discovered a hearty collection of anime on Canadian Netflix. I watched the first season of Sword Art Online to see what all the fuss was about. I quite liked the first half of the series, but I found the depiction of female characters infuriating. Why is every character with two x chromosomes completely enamoured with Kirito. Even those related to him want a piece of him.

Maybe I'm older and a lot more cynical when it comes to teenage romance. :unimpressed:
    I have an irrational hate for characters like that, and there's quite a lot of them around.

ReputationRep:
    Finished Pet Kanojo. Was good I guess but unfinished business :emo:

Think I'll join the Nanami Fanclub for this series :love:

Love the OP and ED for this series. So catchy :dance:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Apparently I haven't posted in 5 days. :zomg: My internet is fine, and I'm still watching anime (more than usual actually, thanks to being unemployed), so I don't know how that happened. :p:

I've finished most of the manga I was previously reading, so my reading list now consists of Coda, Kugutsu, Normal City and Yume Nikki. I'm still only halfway through Red River though, which due to the sudden lack of income is the only series I'm still buying - the rest are unlicensed. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    HxH is over. :bawling: What a lovely ending. If thats all the HxH we ever get then Im ok with that being how it ends.:beard:

Almost finished with Jojo, just got the last ep left to go. They really did just go travelling albeit very slowly.:hmmm:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Avadols return was awesome.:teeth: I didnt see that coming, it was a very mean thing to do to Polnareff.:indiff:

Up to date with SAO, still liking it.:mmm:

Its a good thing im familiar with DBZ otherwise the blatant DBKai spoiler in the episode title might have annoyed me. Not that its a series you really watch for the plot anyway.:giggle:

Might need to watch log horizon, been playing Archeage(New mmorpg, seems sort of ok.. but had horrible queues...) which has a guild named after it .. there's also one called laughing coffin. :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    HxH is over. :bawling: What a lovely ending. If thats all the HxH we ever get then Im ok with that being how it ends.:beard:

Almost finished with Jojo, just got the last ep left to go. They really did just go travelling albeit very slowly.:hmmm:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Avadols return was awesome.:teeth: I didnt see that coming, it was a very mean thing to do to Polnareff.:indiff:

Up to date with SAO, still liking it.:mmm:

Its a good thing im familiar with DBZ otherwise the blatant DBKai spoiler in the episode title might have annoyed me. Not that its a series you really watch for the plot anyway.:giggle:

Might need to watch log horizon, been playing Archeage(New mmorpg, seems sort of ok.. but had horrible queues...) which has a guild named after it .. there's also one called laughing coffin. :giggle:
    Log Horizon is great.

It actually inspired me to play FFXIV:ARR haha.

Second season starts soon too ^~^

(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Apparently I haven't posted in 5 days. :zomg: My internet is fine, and I'm still watching anime (more than usual actually, thanks to being unemployed), so I don't know how that happened. :p:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)

I've finished most of the manga I was previously reading, so my reading list now consists of Coda, Kugutsu, Normal City and Yume Nikki. I'm still only halfway through Red River though, which due to the sudden lack of income is the only series I'm still buying - the rest are unlicensed. :yes:

Are you aware if the Genshiken Nidaime manga is still ongoing? ^^
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Iridann)
    Are you aware if the Genshiken Nidaime manga is still ongoing? ^^
    It's ongoing at 103 chapters (16 volumes), apparently. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Sooooound~

ReputationRep:
    Does the anime Mushishi have an actual story to it? I'm up to episode 10 and all I've gathered is that some random guy with one eye goes around solving people's problems. And if it does, do you know what episode it picks up? Thanks .
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    Does the anime Mushishi have an actual story to it? I'm up to episode 10 and all I've gathered is that some random guy with one eye goes around solving people's problems. And if it does, do you know what episode it picks up? Thanks .
    It doesn't have an ongoing story, every episode focuses on a different Mushi in a different place. A bit too slow and lacking in plot or character development for my tastes.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Just a quick post to say that I am still alive, been a lot busier lately. I'm still finding enough time to watch the majority of my weeklies, finishing off a select few in preparation for the next season, which is looking very promising. (AJ, I'm intending to look at your thread shortly.)

On another note, I've had an unexplainable urge to watch Heroic Age again. This is my sixth time watching it. I suppose I should regard this anime as one of my favourites, even though, objectively speaking, it's far from the best I've seen. :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    Introduced to anime not so long ago by a friend whose first recommendation Death Note, which I thought was fantastic.

Tried to get into Psycho Pass afterwards which had an ok first 6 episodes but never felt the urge to continue watching.

Thinking of trying either Code Geass or Attack on Titans soon. Which would you people recommend?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by citizen__erased)
    Introduced to anime not so long ago by a friend whose first recommendation Death Note, which I thought was fantastic.

Tried to get into Psycho Pass afterwards which had an ok first 6 episodes but never felt the urge to continue watching.

Thinking of trying either Code Geass or Attack on Titans soon. Which would you people recommend?
    Both are very good, but I'd say Attack on Titan is probably the most accessible series for someone who's new to anime. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by citizen__erased)

If you liked death note, Code Geass is really similar and I'm sure you'd like it too.

ReputationRep:
    Finally finished the first series of the season gone by Aldnoah Zero.

Of my limited viewings it has certainly been the best so far. The last 2 episodes in particular were enjoyable, damn plot twist!

EDIT:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Being curious about the last episode I did some digging and there is nothing confirmed but it seems to be pointing in one direction. A direction that'll really annoy me if it comes true.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever this week's Mahouka episode is.
    Spoiler:
    Show

This episode is the definition of over-****ing-powered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)

Of my limited viewings it has certainly been the best so far. The last 2 episodes in particular were enjoyable, damn plot twist!

EDIT:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Being curious about the last episode I did some digging and there is nothing confirmed but it seems to be pointing in one direction. A direction that'll really annoy me if it comes true.
    I'm curious as to what you have read
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I've heard Urobuchi stated at a live-streamed Gargantia event on Nicovideo:

"Aldnoah Zero's ending isn't my fault!"
    "In my original outline, Inaho and the princess have fallen in love, and Slaine takes her away, ending the season!"
    "Don't blame me if people die in Psycho-Pass 2, that's Ubukata's doing!"

But that doesn't sound like Urobutcher at all. I also heard a rumour that He has fallen out with the other producers over Asseylum's death, and that apparently he didn't plan for her to be resuscitated by Inaho?

If I was the writer, I'd place her Chibi maid, Eddelrittuo as the real princess. :awesome:

Watched the fist two Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica movies this weekend. Nearly forgot how great the series was! My partner made me watch the series originally, at first I was like 'why are you making me watch an anime for 6 year old girls!?' by feelings quickly shifted to this: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Nombre)
    I'm curious as to what you have read
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I've heard Urobuchi stated at a live-streamed Gargantia event on Nicovideo:

"Aldnoah Zero's ending isn't my fault!"
    "In my original outline, Inaho and the princess have fallen in love, and Slaine takes her away, ending the season!"
    "Don't blame me if people die in Psycho-Pass 2, that's Ubukata's doing!"

But that doesn't sound like Urobutcher at all. I also heard a rumour that He has fallen out with the other producers over Asseylum's death, and that apparently he didn't plan for her to be resuscitated by Inaho?

If I was the writer, I'd place her Chibi maid, Eddelrittuo as the real princess. :awesome:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yeah that's what I saw. Meaning they are going to revive the dead princess once again (the first time was bad enough) and I assume Inaho who clearly took a bullet to the head. Basically if they magically survive i'll be angry :lol:

ReputationRep:
    For those that watched the 1st episode of Terra Formars, did you watch it censored?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)

EDIT:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Personally, aside from the stellar animation and soundtrack, there's not much else to write home about when it comes to Aldnoah Zero. The script, whilst cliched, had potential to begin with, but I can't say I've been all that impressed by the direction the series has taken as we've reached the finale of the first season. The plot development has been marginal at best and the revelation at the end seemed to serve nothing more than to add some shock value to entice viewers to return for the second season, even though it felt rather empty. Still, I'll reserve judgement on the series as a whole until I've seen the second season. Hopefully, it'll be able to tie up some of the loose ends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Personally, aside from the stellar animation and soundtrack, there's not much else to write home about when it comes to Aldnoah Zero. The script, whilst cliched, had potential to begin with, but I can't say I've been all that impressed by the direction the series has taken as we've reached the finale of the first season. The plot development has been marginal at best and the revelation at the end seemed to serve nothing more than to add some shock value to entice viewers to return for the second season, even though it felt rather empty. Still, I'll reserve judgement on the series as a whole until I've seen the second season. Hopefully, it'll be able to tie up some of the loose ends.
    Without a doubt it was a series that you switched your brain off and just watched like an action film or something. It was good to do this for once

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.