Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    I only watched Free! Eternal Summer and Sabagebu! to the end from the summer season but loved both so quite a good season for me.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    Without a doubt it was a series that you switched your brain off and just watched like an action film or something. It was good to do this for once
    Yeah, I suppose if you can look past the lack of direction and the nonsensical revelation at the end, it was somewhat enjoyable to watch. :yes: If I were to compare this anime to another, it's very much reminiscent of Guilty Crown in terms of its strengths and weaknesses.

ReputationRep:
    Tokyo Ghoul, Terror in Tokyo, Chaika: The Coffin Princess and Akame Ga Kill. Best new animes yet.:yy:

Hope they go on for many seasons at the same level.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nisekoi is getting a 2nd season.

ReputationRep:
    Tokyo ghoul is amazing
    I am going to watch episode two soon

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TroyAndAbed)
    Nisekoi is getting a 2nd season.
    It's got enough material nearly for a season 3 if the number of chapters is something to go by. Anyhow...

:party:

Onodera-chan :love:

ReputationRep:
    I've finally gotten around to watching SAO and I'm in love

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, can you lend me a hand in understanding two series? And also tell me if they're actually worth watching; they're both quite highly rated, so I assume so, but I can't say I agree with every highly rated anime's rating.

First, Gintama. There's Gintama, Gintama' and Gintama 2012. I'm guessing that the first link is the original, the second is some sort of Dragon Ball Kai-esque thing perhaps, but no idea what the third is. What's what and which should I watch, if any?

Then there's Mushishi. We have Mushishi and Mushishi Zoku Shou, plus a few specials (1, 2). Is the former the original with the latter a remake? I saw there's also a season two coming out of the newer one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDave-)
    Hey guys, can you lend me a hand in understanding two series? And also tell me if they're actually worth watching; they're both quite highly rated, so I assume so, but I can't say I agree with every highly rated anime's rating.

First, Gintama. There's Gintama, Gintama' and Gintama 2012. I'm guessing that the first link is the original, the second is some sort of Dragon Ball Kai-esque thing perhaps, but no idea what the third is. What's what and which should I watch, if any?

Then there's Mushishi. We have Mushishi and Mushishi Zoku Shou, plus a few specials (1, 2). Is the former the original with the latter a remake? I saw there's also a season two coming out of the newer one.
    With regards to Gintama, I'm pretty certain it's just one long series. Gintama ran for a long time then they took a break as they were caught up with the manga. Then once they had enough chapters to adapt, they resumed the anime as Gintama' before taking a brief break and returning with Ginatama (2012). Hope that helped.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by xDave-)

All the Gintama (as TroyAndAbed explained) and Mushishi entries are continuations of the same story featuring the same main character(s), they're only listed as different series because of the gaps between airing. No remakes there.

As for whether they're worth watching... I've not seen Gintama, and found Mushishi a bit slow and episodic (which some people like, but I personally aren't too fond of). :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    x
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    x
    Alrighty, thanks for the help. I'm not too fond of longer, ongoing series so I'll probably give them a miss for now! I'll just have to contend with what's coming out in this autumn season then I'll be watching Fate Stay Night as I really enjoyed Fate Zero, and I've seen a lot of people recommending Parasyte, so I'll probably try that.

ReputationRep:
    Yes! Fate/Zero and I can't wait for Fate stay night 2014 :O MY FEELS

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning to finish 3 overdue series tonight:
    Just did the first a moment ago, it was the second season of Free! which didn't disappoint me at all really.

EDIT: The second series I finished tonight was Sabagebu! This was as crazy as box of frogs but the pop gaming/film culture references were hilarious. I counted Resident Evil, Alien, Predator amongst others.

EDIT: Last but not last I finished Madoka Magicka finally! The rave reviews from friends kind of got my hopes up and let me down but it wasn't bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    I'm planning to finish 3 overdue series tonight:
    Just did the first a moment ago, it was the second season of Free! which didn't disappoint me at all really.
    I was really impressed by the effort they put into Free! Eternal Summer. I liked the more expanded cast and thought they did quite a good job of progressing the characters. Also, the English in the Australia episode was very good compared to the English in most other anime.

ReputationRep:
    I was really impressed by the effort they put into Free! Eternal Summer. I liked the more expanded cast and thought they did quite a good job of progressing the characters. Also, the English in the Australia episode was very good compared to the English in most other anime.
    Yeah I was initially struggling to see how they would drag a second season out but they did it pretty well. The new characters all added something to the show and existing characters certainly progressed.

ReputationRep:
    Just finished Baby Steps. Not bad.
    Spoiler:
    Show

The last scene where he goes to wish Nat-chan good luck on her first match...letting down all the surrounding girls thinking he was gonna confess

:laugh:
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    I hope there's a sequel anime or a spinoff of History's Strongest Deciple Kenichi. The last chapter was crap.
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Just finished Baby Steps. Not bad.
    Spoiler:
    Show

The last scene where he goes to wish Nat-chan good luck on her first match...letting down all the surrounding girls thinking he was gonna confess

:laugh:
    (Original post by ToLiveInADream)
    I've finally gotten around to watching SAO and I'm in love
    YOu'll hate the 2nd half. I need to begin SAO 2 if it's out.

ReputationRep:
    Decided to watch No Game No Life seeing as people go crazy over how good/bad it is. I'm on ep.4 and seem to be enjoying so far

EDIT: Had a bit more time on my hands so watched Neon Genesis Evangelion as well. It'll probably end up on hold at about 15 episodes like bebop.

ReputationRep:
    NARUTO is ending in 5 weeks.

http://shonenjump.viz.com/node/2326

ReputationRep:
    I keep meaning to get back into naruto but never do.:erm: But although its had massive variations of qulaity im glad theres an end. Its had a long run. Hopefully it will end well.

EDIT: Decided to resume where I left off ... dull filler ep, immediately remember why I stalled it.:indiff:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.