Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I might end up regretting this, but I've signed up for a second Secret Santa myself, over on A-P's forums. :o: I'm supposed to be focusing on rewatching old series! Ah well, Christmas comes but once a year and all that. :p: And don't worry, TSR's will still take priority.
    Oh yeah I got a random invite to that too. Not going to join that one though, three would be pushing it for me considering I have 12 Days, Winter Preview & End of Year posts to write.........how do I do this crap every year?

ReputationRep:
    Naruto manga :wow:

Think I started it in 2002 :moon:

I guess my knowledge of tsr smileys is fading away :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Naruto manga :wow:

Think I started it in 2002 :moon:

I guess my knowledge of tsr smileys is fading away :emo:
    Lol the Naruto universe went corporate XD.

ReputationRep:
    There's going to be a Naruto sequel manga in early 2015. It's going to be less than 30 chapters & most likely about Naruto as a father.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    I never actually watched last years secret santa stuffs... Ive been putting off grave of the fireflies for years. :afraid: I forget the rest. :ahee:
    You wanna take part in this years?

I might end up regretting this, but I've signed up for a second Secret Santa myself, over on A-P's forums. :o: I'm supposed to be focusing on rewatching old series! Ah well, Christmas comes but once a year and all that. :p: And don't worry, TSR's will still take priority.
    I joined for last years A-P one but I didn't end up doing it in the end. Did this one instead
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    I joined for last years A-P one but I didn't end up doing it in the end. Did this one instead
    I did have to stop and think about whether I could feasibly watch 4-6 series over a month or two (as I'm hoping to watch all three of my TSR ones, and at least one for A-P)... silly question really, when my current rate is ~10 eps a day I've also requested my A-P Santa keep under 26 episodes, whereas I probably won't set a limit for this one.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    After finishing Panzer World Galient TV, I made the mistake of moving on to the OVA (just the third ep, the first two were straight recap with nothing new added). It's been a long time since I watched anything that awful! I know it's supposed to be alternate universe, so isn't supposed to tie in with the plot of the main show in any way, but even as a standalone episode it made zero sense and provided little entertainment value. :yucky:

...anyway, with that out of the way, I've cleared my stalled/want to watch backlog to acceptable levels! And rather than pick up anything completely new, I'll be revisiting some old anime as I mentioned a few posts back. Starting with Elfen Lied~
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Finished Elfen Lied, and it was actually as good as I remember it being. I blame Gokukoku no Brynhildr for being so bad it made me seriously doubt my rating for Okamoto Lynn's earlier anime adaptation. :mad:

Nichijou TV next~
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    :banana2:

Since it's the middle of the season, I'm revisiting a few of the Autumn series that I initially dropped (or watching them for the first time in the case of some later-airing anime). :yes: I quite liked the first two episodes of Sanzoku no Musume Ronja, but doubt I'll pick it up. Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru's first episode was intriguing, I'll watch another one or two eps before deciding what to do with it. Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso... I feel as though I probably should like it, but it's not really doing anything for me so far. Girl Friend Kari... dropped.

Hoping to check out the 2nd and 3rd eps of Tribe Cool Crew and Madan no Ou to Vanadis tomorrow, after which I'll probably make a final decision on what (if anything) to keep on. :beard:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    :blah::blah::blah:

Went with Tribe Cool Crew in the end, it's just so fun!

I was given the username and details for my Anime-Planet Secret Santa... a very specific request, which made it easier to narrow down all the possible series. :beard: I'll be receiving my own gifts a week tomorrow. :excited:

:blah::blah::blah:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    :centipe: :desu:

I was able to add an extra minute to my life spent on anime while re-watching Nichijou, thanks to this commercial. I didn't realise KyoAni had done so many before the one that eventually became Free!

Obligatory Nichijou clip - I'm on episode 21 now, should finish it tonight or tomorrow, then it'll be on to Now and Then, Here and There I think. :beard:

ReputationRep:
    I have to say once again how much I'm enjoying Parasyte. I didn't really expect anything much but I'm enjoying it far more than anything else I've watched.

Fate Stay Night has been quite slow since, well since the first two episodes really. I haven't watched the original, so I only have Fate Zero to compare it to, and it's not living up to that (yet! pls be yet). Spoilers up to episode 5
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm not enjoying Rin and Shirou's strange relationship, which has taken 4 episodes to get to the point that Kirei made obvious in episode 2; masters have to kill each other. I get that Rin doesn't want to do it but this has been really dragged out, and seems like it will be even more so soon.

I also didn't really understand why Caster, who was versus Shirou and Rin, ran away. Servants are far more powerful than masters; why would she leave?! An opportunity to take down not one but two not taken. Strange. Hopefully a reason is given for that and it doesn't just get ignored.

I watched and am now reading Claymore, and I've found that it really blows hot and cold. Sometimes it really wowed me and other times I struggled to keep going. It's got quite messy again towards the end of the manga unfortunately, but only about 10 chapters left now.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by xDave-)
    I have to say once again how much I'm enjoying Parasyte. I didn't really expect anything much but I'm enjoying it far more than anything else I've watched.

Fate Stay Night has been quite slow since, well since the first two episodes really. I haven't watched the original, so I only have Fate Zero to compare it to, and it's not living up to that (yet! pls be yet). Spoilers up to episode 5
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm not enjoying Rin and Shirou's strange relationship, which has taken 4 episodes to get to the point that Kirei made obvious in episode 2; masters have to kill each other. I get that Rin doesn't want to do it but this has been really dragged out, and seems like it will be even more so soon.

I also didn't really understand why Caster, who was versus Shirou and Rin, ran away. Servants are far more powerful than masters; why would she leave?! An opportunity to take down not one but two not taken. Strange. Hopefully a reason is given for that and it doesn't just get ignored.

I watched and am now reading Claymore, and I've found that it really blows hot and cold. Sometimes it really wowed me and other times I struggled to keep going. It's got quite messy again towards the end of the manga unfortunately, but only about 10 chapters left now.
    Combo breaker! :zomg: I was starting to feel lonely. :puppyeyes:

Unlimited Blade Works is very slow so far, I agree. Didn't mind so much in ep 3, I'm all for well animated full episode length battles, but either side of that it's been a lot of walking and talking about stuff I already know from previous Fate adaptations. :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    My Love Story!! confirmed to be getting an anime. Very exciting; one of the best shoujo series around. Really liked the first volume and hope the anime will do it justice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDave-)

Spoiler:
    Show

Yeah I found the same thing with Claymore. Did enjoy it a lot overall though.

Enjoying Log Horizon Season 2 a lot at the minute. Last episode was an interesting development.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Flavour text lol
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I asked about the Anime-Planet 2013 anime awards a few days ago, since there had been little activity for almost a month - turns out they're STILL open if anyone wants to cast their votes, though for how much longer I haven't a clue. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm never knew A-P did awards but then again I haven't been on their forum for years Looks a lot busier now :yep: 2013 anime a bit late no? o.O

So I finished Onani Master Kurosawa aka Fap Note the other day and it was bloody good. So much hurt felt in that twist in the middle of the series, but that recovery and ending was just so satisfying Nice touch with the extra chapter as well :yep: Sugawa :sexface: Definitely one manga I'll reread in the future :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Haven't been on a computer for a week... so time to crack on with Secret Santa soonish probably tomorrow but need some more people to join in!

(Original post by Dilzo999)
    Lol the Naruto universe went corporate XD.
    Yo, wanna do the secret santa again this year?

(Original post by TroyAndAbed)
    There's going to be a Naruto sequel manga in early 2015. It's going to be less than 30 chapters & most likely about Naruto as a father.
    Ahoy, Fancy doing the anime secret santa?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Hmm, I'll see who I can recruit. :p:

(Original post by Binary Freak)
    :santa2:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    :claus:
    (Original post by strawberrysnow)
    :mrfreeze:
    (Original post by penguindrum)
    :merry:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    :askamod:
    Hello! :wavey: Would any of you anime-peoples be interested in joining our anime Secret Santa that's being run by nixonsjellybeans? Basic details are in this post.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I'll see who I can recruit. :p:

Hello! :wavey: Would any of you anime-peoples be interested in joining our anime Secret Santa that's being run by nixonsjellybeans? Basic details are in this post.
    Sure, sounds like fun! Though I haven't watched many anime and I'm not sure how good my choices would be

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.