Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by penguindrum)
    Sure, sounds like fun! Though I haven't watched many anime and I'm not sure how good my choices would be
    Excellent! I have added your name to the list and i'll explain more when I set everything up for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Hello! :wavey: Would any of you anime-peoples be interested in joining our anime Secret Santa that's being run by nixonsjellybeans? Basic details are in this post.
    Haha, this is a great idea, sign me up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Haha, this is a great idea, sign me up!
    Thanks amigo! You'll have a great laugh with it I have added your name to my list.

ReputationRep:
    How does this site work again? It's all gone weird... AJ help!!!

(Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    Would all of you be interested in entering our annual anime Secret Santa ran by myself? Just quote me back if so!

I'll enter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Pudding_Earl)
    How does this site work again? It's all gone weird... AJ help!!!

I'll enter
    Yay! Thank you I've added you to the list!

ReputationRep:
    Ahoy! The Secret Santa thread is up and running! Can all interested migrate to the thread asap.

Secret Santa Link
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    So, my periodic update...

I'm up to date with and continuing to enjoy Akame ga Kill, One Piece, SAO 2, Mushishi Zoku Shou 2, Fate/stay night UBW, Parasyte, Psycho Pass 2, Log Horizon 2, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, Shingeki no Bahamut, Amagi Brilliant Park, WIXOSS 2, Magic Kaito 1412, Terra Formars, Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai and Cross Ange.

I'm a bit behind on Madan no Ou to Vanadis (only by two episodes), Nanatsu no Taizai (want to catch up today), Trinity Seven (interest is waining), Akatsuki no Yono (same with this one) and World Trigger (first episode didn't entice, but I have a soft spot for even the most mediocre of shounen and the manga isn't bad), Gundam G no Reconguista (like Age, this is failing to entice, but I won't drop it because Gundam is Gundam).

Lastly, I want to make a proper start on Denki-Gai no Honya-san as the first episode was amusing. I've postponed Twin Tails anime.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Aiko)
    So, my periodic update...

I'm up to date with and continuing to enjoy Akame ga Kill, One Piece, SAO 2, Mushishi Zoku Shou 2, Fate/stay night UBW, Parasyte, Psycho Pass 2, Log Horizon 2, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, Shingeki no Bahamut, Amagi Brilliant Park, WIXOSS 2, Magic Kaito 1412, Terra Formars, Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai and Cross Ange.

I'm a bit behind on Madan no Ou to Vanadis (only by two episodes), Nanatsu no Taizai (want to catch up today), Trinity Seven (interest is waining), Akatsuki no Yono (same with this one) and World Trigger (first episode didn't entice, but I have a soft spot for even the most mediocre of shounen and the manga isn't bad), Gundam G no Reconguista (like Age, this is failing to entice, but I won't drop it because Gundam is Gundam).

Lastly, I want to make a proper start on Denki-Gai no Honya-san as the first episode was amusing. I've postponed Twin Tails anime.
    I've just made my plans official in my most recent blog post (although I'd made the relevant changes to my A-P list almost a week ago), but I've decided to drop Cross Ange, Twintail, Kaitou Joker, Nanatsu no Taizai and Grisaia no Kajitsu - mostly to free up some time for Secret Santas and for rewatching old series. Though as I mentioned earlier in the thread, I have belatedly picked up Tribe Cool Crew.

I get what you mean about Akatsuki no Yona, though. There's a good story there, I'm sure, but even for a shoujo series it's taking a long-winded, flash-back and flash-forward filled path to get there. Donten ni Warau is also starting to bore me, and I fear Gugure! Kokkuri-san might be running out of jokes already.

Despite all the negativity though, Psycho-Pass 2, Parasyte, Chaika 2, YowaPeda 2 and Shingeki no Bahamut make for one of the strongest Top Fives I've had in a long time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    Ahoy, Fancy doing the anime secret santa?
    I can barely make it through the anime I like at the minute so don't think I'd be much use at trying to watch what people suggest, sorry. Maybe next year my brain will be in a more open minded mood. Hope it goes well though.

ReputationRep:
    Noticed a kickstarter project to put the VN of Clannad on steam in English. Its already exceeded its target by far and has a while yet to go. I did have it for a while but never got around to finishing it before my previous laptop 'retired'.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a backer for that . I've played through most of the game so I'm more than happy to put some money down to get a proper copy for myself.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I finished re-watching Now and Then, Here and There; it was very good, but very depressing. As with Elfen Lied, I feel the need to follow it up with a comedy series.

So, Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu it is! I was disappointed to find there are no decent releases of this series out there, the picture and sound quality on the files I got in 2007 are not great. Still, hopefully it'll be so hilarious that I don't notice/care after a while.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Got my Anime-Planet Secret Santa series:

Tiger and Bunny - Seen it already, might rewatch it since I've been doing a lot of that anyway, but I'll give the others priority.

Kuroko No Basuke - I named it the #1 series from 2012 that I 'should have watched, but didn't' in my end of year blog post. Here's a good excuse to fix that.

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru. - Made the same list in my 2013 end of year blog post.

Not bad at all, IMO.

[EDIT] Just found out that the recipient of my recommendations has been banned on A-P's forums, so I somehow doubt I'll be getting much feedback. :indiff:

No pressure, future TSR Santa. :security:

ReputationRep:
    Naruto ep 341 :indiff: a certain character."The only thing I am interested in is your young body!" God damn it with the weirdos :dry:
    Combo breaker! :zomg: I was starting to feel lonely. :puppyeyes:
    This aint your personal blog yet.:hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru. - Made the same list in my 2013 end of year blog post.

Not bad at all, IMO.

[EDIT] Just found out that the recipient of my recommendations has been banned on A-P's forums, so I somehow doubt I'll be getting much feedback. :indiff:

No pressure, future TSR Santa. :security:
    Oregairu is brilliant; the protagonist is one of my favourite characters ever. Would recommend you watch it even if your Secret Santa isn't going to get any feedback.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by TroyAndAbed)
    Oregairu is brilliant; the protagonist is one of my favourite characters ever. Would recommend you watch it even if your Secret Santa isn't going to get any feedback.
    It's the guy who I gave series to that's disappeared - I don't get to know who gave me Oregairu and the other two until Christmas, so hopefully they're not banned as well and will be around to receive my feedback.

Four episodes in, though, and I'm still waiting for the comedy.

(Original post by vin)
    This aint your personal blog yet.:hmmm:
    'Yet' being the key word. I was bored stiff, bumping the thread every day and hoping someone would reply. :puppyeyes: The joys of being unemployed...

ReputationRep:
    Secret Santa entry has now closed! All those who didn't come to the designated thread will not be allowed to join unless you get in touch asap!

EDIT: Drawing has now finished and your secret santa users have been distributed.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Finished rewatching Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu - still a good laugh, and the city episodes were better than I remembered them being... but I've watched a lot of very good comedy anime since 2007, and I'm not sure I can justify keeping this one in my Top 50 anymore. :no:

Rewatching Kino no Tabi next~ Probably won't get through it that quickly though, with two Secret Santas now underway. :p:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Well, since nobody else has posted it yet:

Attack on Titan TV Anime Gets 2nd Season in 2016

Obviously looking forward to this!

ReputationRep:
    Well, since nobody else has posted it yet:

Attack on Titan TV Anime Gets 2nd Season in 2016

Obviously looking forward to this!
    SO FAR AWAY:cry:

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.