Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iridann)
    Golden Time,
    White Album + White Album 2
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I'll try my best!

My #1 recommendation would be Now and Then, Here and There, but only if you don't mind a very dark and depressing setting (it takes that much to make me get emotional). Aside from that, Clannad and especially its sequel After Story are popular (though I personally found the latter was slow to get going). Natsuyuki Rendezvous is fantastic as well.

Hope something there takes your interest.
    Thanks guys, I've seen (and loved) Clannad. I'll probably go for Golden Time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Your Lie in April is quite a good simulcast so far, would suggest that as well.
    Couldn't remember the name ><

ReputationRep:
    Golden Time was good but not on the scale of Clannad.

You wanna look at more works by Key (folks that created Clannad). My first three anime I watched since getting in to it was Angel Beats, Clannad and Air. But you can leave out Air and go straight to Little Busters!
    Other than those maybe, Hanasaku Iroha and Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steadmusic)
    Golden Time was good but not on the scale of Clannad.

You wanna look at more works by Key (folks that created Clannad). My first three anime I watched since getting in to it was Angel Beats, Clannad and Air. But you can leave out Air and go straight to Little Busters!
    Other than those maybe, Hanasaku Iroha and Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo.
    I've seen Angel Beats and Kanon but I don't think either was on the level on Clannad, I'll have to watch Little Busters then.

ReputationRep:
    I read hard copies, but I would suggest mangafox or somewhere?

Idk if I read manga online it's through the mango app on Android or the weekly shonen jump app
    I have been trying to get the books from somewhere...cant even find them :/

ReputationRep:
    I've seen Angel Beats and Kanon but I don't think either was on the level on Clannad, I'll have to watch Little Busters then.
    You're right. Clannad stands on it own, but I really dig Angel Beats too. Kanon was okay but Little Busters!. if you don't like that I'll be shocked.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Meh, personally I much preferred Air to the rest of the Key adaptations and would recommend it highly. Though that might be because it was the first one I watched, and the rest generally follow the same pattern.

ReputationRep:
    I liked Air best as well for the same reason AJ. Kanon was ok (but I watched it while feverish so don't really remember that much about it), and I liked the first, comedy orientated season of Clannad, but After Story with all it's terrible emotional manipulation was nothing but rage inducing. Angel Beats isn't actually a Key property, but has a lot of the same writers behind it - it was fun until the ending ruined it all.

I don't really get on with shows that try way to hard to make me cry - Anohana is another prime example........god I hated that show.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god this Spice and Wolf ED engrish is bad.:lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Update: I am waiting on Itsmith!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a9493r)
    I have been trying to get the books from somewhere...cant even find them :/
    I got the first 3 at my local Waterstone's.

ReputationRep:
    Spent the evening finishing my Winter Anime Preview - serious case of the sequels going on next season - more or less 50% sequels!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by caraniel)
    Spent the evening finishing my Winter Anime Preview - serious case of the sequels going on next season - more or less 50% sequels!
    That's early! I won't be doing the usual TSR thread for at least a couple of weeks yet. :nah: I'll check out your post now, though.

ReputationRep:
    Had a "£10 off £50" Amazon voucher so managed to get 11 manga volumes for £40. Pre-ordered some Nisekoi, Toriko, The Seven Deadly Sins, Magi, My Love Story!!, 07 Ghost & Blue Exorcist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    That's early! I won't be doing the usual TSR thread for at least a couple of weeks yet. :nah: I'll check out your post now, though.
    I needed it done ASAP - going to the USA for a 10 days next week for my brother's wedding which will throw my usual schedule out completely. Have Twelve Days of Anime posts to write and schedule and the Secret Santa shows to watch/review. And then there's end of season/year posts to think about......plus all the hours I'm working in the shop for my neighbour.....yeah, just a tad busy.

Glad I got the preview done while I had the chance since it takes so much time!

ReputationRep:
    I got the first 3 at my local Waterstone's.
    Ok, cool I'll see there..

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d6A1RC-mtg

Best anime of 2k15 confirmed.

ReputationRep:
    Oooh double episode of Parasyte! Didn't know anything about that; even Anime Planet hasn't realised.

I watched Psycho Pass (IN ONE DAY) and... meh. It's really popular but I think it's a bit overrated. Really nice setting, solid first episode and some great characters. But I dropped it before because it felt so episodic for the first 8-9 episodes, and I still had to struggle through those again this time. It got much better after that but I felt that
    Spoiler:
    Show
    the backstory with Kogami and Makishima was quite weak, which was a real shame as the characters had a good connection in the two scenes they were together in. One of those was the ending but man... Ko just shoots him, that's it? I don't feel like they had a strong enough back story for that to have been the ending; we needed to have seen more of it and really emphasised with Ko imo. Though, in all honesty, maybe I just didn't get it. It was some other guy who's name escapes me (one of Sybil's brain people) that actually killed the other guy who's name escapes me (the detective who was Ko's friend... Sasayama maybe)? Makishima was just the mastermind behind all this or something. Seems kind of weak that Ko seems to personally hate him so much; he barely even spoke to him.

I'm watching Psycho-Pass 2 now, we'll see how that goes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steadmusic)
    You're right. Clannad stands on it own, but I really dig Angel Beats too. Kanon was okay but Little Busters!. if you don't like that I'll be shocked.
    Little Busters is great so far
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Finished ordering my own Christmas presents - my family just give me the money and leave me to order things, since they wouldn't know where to begin when it comes to anime/manga, and there's not much else I'm into. :giggle:

I'll be getting the latest volumes of A Bride's Story, Tegami Bachi, Knights of Sidonia and the Spice & Wolf light novel, as well as Blu-rays of Hal, Ninja Scroll *feels like a n00b, not having watched that in all these years*, The Wind Rises, and Sakasama no Patema (pre-ordered, probably won't get it until January). :king1:

I decided against paying astronomical postage costs for anime-themed tea, so stuck to 'regular' tea from their UK site instead, which sadly only caters for 5-6 fandoms, none of which are anime. :sigh: :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.