Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keromedic)
    Link to thread plz .

I liked digimon, yugioh and beyblade instead .
    Which thread? and oh yeah I forgot about Beyblade that was great
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Which thread? and oh yeah I forgot about Beyblade that was great
    Year 13.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keromedic)
    Year 13.
    Unsure whether you meant the thread in general or where Bude recommended it to me but I went and found it anyway.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post51270101
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    Unsure whether you meant the thread in general or where Bude recommended it to me but I went and found it anyway.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post51270101
    In general but thanks .
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Hoping to reach 1,000 manga volumes read by the end of 2014 - that's one of the few things A-P doesn't keep count of, but my Goodreads account is almost as complete, and states that I've read 968 so far. At my current rate of one volume a day, there's exactly enough days left in the year.

ReputationRep:
    Good Luck!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I've pledged $15 towards DMP's Kickstarter for Tezuka's Ludwig B - seems a good deal for digital versions of both volumes, and it's a bit more of a realistic and achievable goal than their giant Tezuka World kickstarter last month.

ReputationRep:
    The wait is over - Your Secret Santa choices have been sent to you! Commence the viewing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I've pledged $15 towards DMP's Kickstarter for Tezuka's Ludwig B - seems a good deal for digital versions of both volumes, and it's a bit more of a realistic and achievable goal than their giant Tezuka World kickstarter last month.
    I found the fact that they went with an unfinished manga a bit of an odd choice after the previous Kickstarter failed as that will surely put some people off.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by TroyAndAbed)
    I found the fact that they went with an unfinished manga a bit of an odd choice after the previous Kickstarter failed as that will surely put some people off.
    Possibly, but I like their dedication towards licensing all of Tezuka's works in English, even the lesser known and unfinished ones. And they've clearly taken on a lot of feedback from the failed Kickstarter, the lower pledge amounts to actually own the books should work in its favour.

ReputationRep:
    Started watching Spice and Wolf, seems like it could be a good series. Also I've apparently watched 5 days of anime now, feels like a waste when it's put like that:lol:.

ReputationRep:
    Ive been continueing with last years secret santa series.:mmm: .Holo/Horo is quite endearing. :pinch:

ReputationRep:
    Hello all, I've recently joined and love anime

I'm currently watching fullmetal alchemist (original) as-well as some other anime from this season

ReputationRep:
    Started watching Spice and Wolf, seems like it could be a good series. Also I've apparently watched 5 days of anime now, feels like a waste when it's put like that:lol:.
    (Original post by vin)
    Ive been continueing with last years secret santa series.:mmm: .Holo/Horo is quite endearing. :pinch:
    It's great isn't it?! It's much too soon for me to rewatch it but I'm quite tempted haha.

(Original post by Omar717)
    Hello all, I've recently joined and love anime

I'm currently watching fullmetal alchemist (original) as-well as some other anime from this season
    I really enjoyed FMA, I watched that before brotherhood, have you seen brotherhood yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ki Yung Na)
    It's great isn't it?! It's much too soon for me to rewatch it but I'm quite tempted haha.

I really enjoyed FMA, I watched that before brotherhood, have you seen brotherhood yet?
    I'm planning on watching it after the original, but I'm definitely going to watch it that's for sure

ReputationRep:
    I finish hunter x hunter and i am looking for something new right now. I like a story with strategic or philosophical development. other series I like was baby steps (very cool anime about strategic tennis) death note, yu yu hakusho, fate/zero, evangelion, etc.

great comments here, i have fun reading you guys.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Raiz)
    I finish hunter x hunter and i am looking for something new right now. I like a story with strategic or philosophical development. other series I like was baby steps (very cool anime about strategic tennis) death note, yu yu hakusho, fate/zero, evangelion, etc.

great comments here, i have fun reading you guys.
    Welcome to the society!

Monster springs to mind immediately, it's a fantastic mystery series with possibly the best story and characters I've ever seen in anime... pacing is a little on the slow side, but the time taken to build things up and tell the story from multiple different angles pays off in the end IMO. :yes:

Zetsuen no Tempest is another show I'd recommend highly, though the first half is admittedly a lot better than the second half. Worth it for the battle of wits, though!

Finally, if you're interested in another strategy-based sports anime, One Outs' protagonist ensures that it stands out from other baseball series.

Hope something there takes your interest!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Welcome to the society!

Monster springs to mind immediately, it's a fantastic mystery series with possibly the best story and characters I've ever seen in anime... pacing is a little on the slow side, but the time taken to build things up and tell the story from multiple different angles pays off in the end IMO. :yes:

Zetsuen no Tempest is another show I'd recommend highly, though the first half is admittedly a lot better than the second half. Worth it for the battle of wits, though!

Finally, if you're interested in another strategy-based sports anime, One Outs' protagonist ensures that it stands out from other baseball series.

Hope something there takes your interest!

Thank you very much AngryJellyfish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omar717)
    I'm planning on watching it after the original, but I'm definitely going to watch it that's for sure
    Good idea! I did the same.

ReputationRep:
    I am totally obessed with Naruto (MY FAV ANIME EVER!) lol

I also totally loved DBZ, One piece, Digimon, SAO, Bleach and Fairytail...
    All the classics really

But Naruto is still my fav, the characters and storylines are just amazing. Been hooked forever cant believe its really over

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.