Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here hyped for the 2015 New Year continuation of JJBAtardust Crusaders? Hyped to see Dio die tbh.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Decided to use Anime-Planet's personal manga recommendation system to choose my next series - despite my excitement when they announced the feature a few months ago, I continued using Manga Updates since it could do things like differentiate between licensed/unlicensed series, or list only series that were fully scanlated etc, which A-P doesn't do.

Anyway, out of all the suggestions, I ended up going with Ibitsu. Sounds like it'll be fun. :evil:
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    Anyone here watch Nodame Cantabile?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keromedic)
    Anyone here watch Nodame Cantabile?
    Nope. Sorry.

Just finished Tokyo Ghoul though, amazing animation and good anime. Started from chapter 1 from the manga, because people say it's better .
    Anyone else watched Tokyo Ghoul?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Decided to use Anime-Planet's personal manga recommendation system to choose my next series - despite my excitement when they announced the feature a few months ago, I continued using Manga Updates since it could do things like differentiate between licensed/unlicensed series, or list only series that were fully scanlated etc, which A-P doesn't do.

Anyway, out of all the suggestions, I ended up going with Ibitsu. Sounds like it'll be fun. :evil:

Seem pretty good, based on the picture lol. I love horror/gorey anime/manga like elfen lied and stuff, can you give me some recommendations like that? As posted, just finished tokyo ghoul, so I am in that mood for these sort of ones.

Also do any of you guys read one-punch man, berserk, or the other one, god, I forgot the name. With the the people give number 1,2,3 up to 47 or something with claire and teresa of the faint smile, I think claymore.

I also have a dilemma, I always read lots of manga but ALWAYS forget the chapter I am on. I then end up coming back like after 1 year to finish it and forget where to start, how'd you guys keep tabs on it all? Use anime-planet? Also is there a way you can go through the story without reading the whole manga again to get to the part, like a short summary of all the chapters?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheNoobishKnight)
    Also is there a way you can go through the story without reading the whole manga again to get to the part, like a short summary of all the chapters?
    If it's a relatively popular series, the Wiki for the series will have summaries of chapters/story arcs that you can skim over to remind yourself of what happened.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TroyAndAbed)
    If it's a relatively popular series, the Wiki for the series will have summaries of chapters/story arcs that you can skim over to remind yourself of what happened.
    Oh okay thanks buddy.

Anyone finish Gantz? Worst MANGA ENDING EVER!!!!!!!

1st 1/2 amazing, the last 1/2 completely ****ed it up.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Just finished Tokyo Ghoul though, amazing animation and good anime. Started from chapter 1 from the manga, because people say it's better .
    Anyone else watched Tokyo Ghoul?
    Yep, and I'm greatly looking forward to next season's sequel! The final episode was fantastic in its own way, but it left the series on quite the cliffhanger. :zomg:

Seem pretty good, based on the picture lol. I love horror/gorey anime/manga like elfen lied and stuff, can you give me some recommendations like that? As posted, just finished tokyo ghoul, so I am in that mood for these sort of ones.
    Well I've now read the first volume of Ibitsu, which was fantastically creepy. :evil: I'd recommend it on that basis, and just hope it ends well.

As for other horror manga that I've read before, Hideout's a good singe volume story, Franken Fran is brilliant if you like body horror, and The Drifting Classroom is a classic.

Anime-wise, I'd suggest Shin Sekai Yori, Blue Gender, and definitely Higurashi no Naku Koro ni if you've not already seen that. :afraid:

I also have a dilemma, I always read lots of manga but ALWAYS forget the chapter I am on. I then end up coming back like after 1 year to finish it and forget where to start, how'd you guys keep tabs on it all? Use anime-planet? Also is there a way you can go through the story without reading the whole manga again to get to the part, like a short summary of all the chapters?
    For manga, I read full volumes either as paperbacks or on Kindle, so I've never had to worry about that (apart from when bookmarks fall out ). Anime-Planet does have a manga chapter count function though, so it might be worth trying it out. I've definitely found the episode counter useful when coming back to anime series after a long time!

ReputationRep:
    Yep, and I'm greatly looking forward to next season's sequel! The final episode was fantastic in its own way, but it left the series on quite the cliffhanger. :zomg:

Well I've now read the first volume of Ibitsu, which was fantastically creepy. :evil: I'd recommend it on that basis, and just hope it ends well.

As for other horror manga that I've read before, Hideout's a good singe volume story, Franken Fran is brilliant if you like body horror, and The Drifting Classroom is a classic.

Anime-wise, I'd suggest Shin Sekai Yori, Blue Gender, and definitely Higurashi no Naku Koro ni if you've not already seen that. :afraid:

For manga, I read full volumes either as paperbacks or on Kindle, so I've never had to worry about that (apart from when bookmarks fall out ). Anime-Planet does have a manga chapter count function though, so it might be worth trying it out. I've definitely found the episode counter useful when coming back to anime series after a long time!
    Wow thanks for all the links. Higurashi has a Visual novel, I think? If it does, I will read that. I just enjoy them more.

I tried to download some onto the kindle paper white, but was far too much hassle than just reading it on my macbook or manga rock app on android.

I tried to buy some but they are priced so stupidly, it's not even worth it.
    It's like comics, so expensive here. Many haven't even been translated yet.

I will defo use that. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Currently watching:
    One piece
    Naruto
    sword art online
    Psycho pass
    Akame ga Kill
    Fate/night zero

Watched:
    Hunter x hunter
    Full metal alchemest
    Deathnote
    Shinjegi no kyojin (attack on titan)
    No game no life
    Black bullet
    (+more, can't remember them rn)

--------
    So yeah, hello!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Wow thanks for all the links. Higurashi has a Visual novel, I think? If it does, I will read that. I just enjoy them more.

I tried to download some onto the kindle paper white, but was far too much hassle than just reading it on my macbook or manga rock app on android.

I tried to buy some but they are priced so stupidly, it's not even worth it.
    It's like comics, so expensive here. Many haven't even been translated yet.

I will defo use that. Thanks.
    Yeah, Higurashi started off as a visual novel. I've honestly never read/played one of those before, might have to give one a go sometime. :beard:

I use the Kindle Comic Converter for Paperwhite; no doubt there are easier ways of reading manga on the go, but I'm quite happy with the device.

As for buying manga, I've certainly saved money since I ran out of shelf space and went digital. I was paying ~£50 for single volumes of some out of print and hard to find series, but it's my only real hobby, and it always felt good whenever I completed a series.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Higurashi started off as a visual novel. I've honestly never read/played one of those before, might have to give one a go sometime. :beard:

I use the Kindle Comic Converter for Paperwhite; no doubt there are easier ways of reading manga on the go, but I'm quite happy with the device.

As for buying manga, I've certainly saved money since I ran out of shelf space and went digital. I was paying ~£50 for single volumes of some out of print and hard to find series, but it's my only real hobby, and it always felt good whenever I completed a series.
    Visual novels are amazing. I met 2 awesome people completely by chance(one through TSR) and they introduced me to 2 different ones. It depends on whether you like reading though. Mangas are pretty short on words compared to books.

I may invest into a kindle again, returned the paper white as I used it only for manga lol. Does it scale properly? Mines was off scale .

I never had shelf space, I have a small room, with virtually no shelf or anything to put books on lol. I really do want to collect them though, just so I can read them whenever and support the authors.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I may invest into a kindle again, returned the paper white as I used it only for manga lol. Does it scale properly? Mines was off scale .
    Yeah, KCC has a few options regarding scale, you can set it so that it doesn't change the aspect ratio, lets you choose between splitting double-pages into two or having them display horizontally etc. Usually I can read pages fine without zooming, but when I do need to it's nice and easy. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay thanks buddy.

Anyone finish Gantz? Worst MANGA ENDING EVER!!!!!!!

1st 1/2 amazing, the last 1/2 completely ****ed it up.
    :rofl: looks like i made the right choice in stopping

i gave up around chapter 200 and something at the bit where
    Spoiler:
    Show
    some new guys in suits appeared and one of them started banging this alien chick :rofl2: :facepalm2:
    it just got sillier and sillier :no:

ReputationRep:
    Okabe Rintarou, one of my favorite anime characters of all time (watched the english dub). el psy congroo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tunde100)
    Okabe Rintarou, one of my favorite anime characters of all time (watched the english dub). el psy congroo
    steins gate right? is it worth watching, heard its like sword art online but less action - a bit like log horizon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harvingill)
    steins gate right? is it worth watching, heard its like sword art online but less action - a bit like log horizon?
    its really good especially if you're into time travel, i haven't watched log horizon or sword art online. this starts off slow builds up tension as the story progress, non linear narrative interesting but can get confusing.

ReputationRep:
    Back in to Fairy Tail at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kovu)
    Back in to Fairy Tail at the moment.
    I completely withdrew from it once it stopped. Has it gotten any better now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harvingill)
    (Original post by tunde100)
    Steins:gate is amazing, it's based of the Visual novel. I will tell you now, the japanese voice acting is what I consider one of the best of all time, and although I haven't watched the dub, I super highly recommend the sub. The voice actor is absolutely amazing in japanese.

It's an anime on a whole new level to sword art online lol. Much more tension with less action. I think it's one of those animes where you may actually have to think rather than just sit brain dead and just watch.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.