Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Watching Mirai Nikki. Yuno is scary as ****:lol:.
    Yuki... Yuki... Yuki........

(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Someone has to be. :p:

I'm mostly rewatching series from my own Top 50 list, so it helps that they're all shows I really like. :yes: But I haven't watched some of them in 5-8 years, and even if I remember most of the main plot points, there are other small things that I might have forgotten about. Or even overlooked entirely - I'm currently rewatching Durarara!!, and there was a small, easily missed reference to Kino no Tabi in the 5th episode. Chances are I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't also rewatched Kino no Tabi a couple of weeks ago. :zomg:

It also helps to remind myself every now and then what it feels like to watch a truly great anime series, just to make sure I don't overrate anything that's currently airing. :p:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the response.wow you watched sooooo many anime. Have you ever thought about writing a manga or anime (story)? Whats your number 1 anim3?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by TheNoobishKnight)
    Thanks for the response.wow you watched sooooo many anime. Have you ever thought about writing a manga or anime (story)? Whats your number 1 anim3?
    I've not given writing a story much thought, sadly I don't have a creative bone in my body. :no: I'm more of a critic.

I struggle to name a single anime series as my all time favourite, hence why I keep a Top 50 to make things easier. If I had to give an answer now, it'd be Steins;Gate (which is also due a rewatch), but depending on my mood I might name a completely different series if asked another day.

ReputationRep:
    I've not given writing a story much thought, sadly I don't have a creative bone in my body. :no: I'm more of a critic.

I struggle to name a single anime series as my all time favourite, hence why I keep a Top 50 to make things easier. If I had to give an answer now, it'd be Steins;Gate (which is also due a rewatch), but depending on my mood I might name a completely different series if asked another day.
    Oh okay I was starting to make a visual novel. And read the the visual novel for steinsgate :P anime does rock too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Watched No game No life was really good hope it gets a second season!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I posted lists of my favourite opening and ending themes of the year on my blog, as a warmup before my favourite series list, which I'll probably post nearer the end of the month when all the series due to end this season are over.

Speaking of which, final episode of Hitsugi no Chaika - Avenging Battle tomorrow. :zomg: Hopefully it won't be too rushed or disappointing, as the rest of the sequel has been fantastic!

ReputationRep:
    I really liked this Asuna focused mini arc in sao.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    I really liked this Asuna focused mini arc in sao.
    She deserves it after being non existent in the GGO arc
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    :proud:

Only 1,000 more manga titles to go, and I'll have caught up with my anime stats!

ReputationRep:

Only 1,000 more manga titles to go, and I'll have caught up with my anime stats!
    Wow, I've read 2:lol:

ReputationRep:

I just can't get into manga. I keep visiting this cool shop i've found but just can't bring myself to spend money on manga. Wish they stocked some dvds! The only downside of these type of shops.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone seen the Shingeki no Kyojin Levi OVA yet?

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of Shigeki no Kyojin, has anyone seen Shingeki no Moe?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Speaking of Shigeki no Kyojin, has anyone seen Shingeki no Moe?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just the name sounds like its going to bizarre lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haven't even heard of any of them :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheNoobishKnight)
    Just the name sounds like its going to bizarre lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Here's a still from it:
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    I posted lists of my favourite opening and ending themes of the year on my blog, as a warmup before my favourite series list, which I'll probably post nearer the end of the month when all the series due to end this season are over.
    The With Craft Works ED is glorious; I didn't watch the show but for some reason listened to the song and it's great. & Free! ES definitely made up for a fairly bland OP with its ED. Hadn't heard any of the others on your lists.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by TroyAndAbed)
    The With Craft Works ED is glorious; I didn't watch the show but for some reason listened to the song and it's great. & Free! ES definitely made up for a fairly bland OP with its ED. Hadn't heard any of the others on your lists.
    Most of the feedback I've had so far is that I should've rated the Witch Craft Works ED higher. And I'm starting to agree, the more I listen to it again, the more I like it. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad this thread is about manga too :blush:
    (As a bit of a background, I started watching anime since I was very little and only got into manga when I started high school, but it's my main 'hobby' now, anime take more time -totally different when it comes to action packed series, those are awesome as anime and wouldn't change them for anything!! :drool:)

Anyways, I read a large array of genres. I wanted to ask you guys if you've got any seinen manga to recommend. Some of my favs are: Suicide Island, Onepunch-Man (this one-no words lmfao), Homunculus, Kiseijuu (fav seinen by far). Any manga similar to this would be nice I'll search myself too, just thought would post here because you never know. Or if you know any shoujo, comedy (slapstick maybe) or tragedy that are especially nice, I'd like those too, but I have read my fair share of shoujo so I know many of them. Even if you don't have any recommendations, just say hi or mention some anime would be nice to talk to aomeone about these.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iama)
    I'm glad this thread is about manga too :blush:
    (As a bit of a background, I started watching anime since I was very little and only got into manga when I started high school, but it's my main 'hobby' now, anime take more time -totally different when it comes to action packed series, those are awesome as anime and wouldn't change them for anything!! :drool:)

Anyways, I read a large array of genres. I wanted to ask you guys if you've got any seinen manga to recommend. Some of my favs are: Suicide Island, Onepunch-Man (this one-no words lmfao), Homunculus, Kiseijuu (fav seinen by far). Any manga similar to this would be nice I'll search myself too, just thought would post here because you never know. Or if you know any shoujo, comedy (slapstick maybe) or tragedy that are especially nice, I'd like those too, but I have read my fair share of shoujo so I know many of them. Even if you don't have any recommendations, just say hi or mention some anime would be nice to talk to aomeone about these.
    Hello, welcome to the society :yeah:

Hmm how about

Deep Love - Ayu no Monogatari (short but ending was good)
    Gantz (good but gets a bit stupid after 200 chapters or so)
    Ore ga Doutei o Sutetara Shinu Ken ni Tsuite (romance with a twist)
    Shadow Star Narutaru :ninja:

oh and Onani Master Kurosawa for the jokes :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    Hello, welcome to the society :yeah:

Hmm how about

Deep Love - Ayu no Monogatari (short but ending was good)
    Gantz (good but gets a bit stupid after 200 chapters or so)
    Ore ga Doutei o Sutetara Shinu Ken ni Tsuite (romance with a twist)
    Shadow Star Narutaru :ninja:

oh and Onani Master Kurosawa for the jokes :awesome:
    Thank you for having me

I'll check those out starting tomorrow~. Haha, anything funny would be cool, some manga just crack me up and I love it so much

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.