Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    I find youtube (japanese 101 or whatever it's called) not bad to learn the first few words, it's with some Japanese woman, she's so cute :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Why is there no Buu saga for DB Kai? Doesn't it make the series kind of...........pointless?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    Why is there no Buu saga for DB Kai? Doesn't it make the series kind of...........pointless?
    Just a bit. :sadnod: I'm inclined to pick up DBZ immediately after I finish. :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Im bored of the Beelzebub anime now its not going anywhere

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    Im bored of the Beelzebub anime now its not going anywhere
    The manga is much better; I don't think it transfers that well.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Does anyone want a CrunchyRoll guest pass? I'm not sure what it is, but it says I have one to give away
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    This weekend was amazing. Apart from the Aberanime barbecue side of things, which got postponed due to the rain. :p: But since former committee members had traveled great distances to be here we couldn't call the whole thing off, and had a fun social instead.

On to the anime-related part of this post though, Corone gave me A LOT of series, movies and OVAs while here. I'm still adding them to my A-P account at the moment, but they include such diverse titles as:

Canary

Cosmo Police Justy

Dallos (apparently the first OVA series)

Hades Project Zeorymer

Kaleido Star (that died with my hard drive, glad to have it back)

Kodomo no Omocha (ditto Kaleido Star, but given its length I'm even happier I didn't have to get it myself)

Lupin III

Ninja Cadets

Romeo no Aoi Sora (ditto Kaleido Star)

Bounen no Xamdou

And that's just a small sample.

ReputationRep:
    So I finished Katanagatari...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The last episode was awesome. Shichika turned so badass after Togame's death. But I'm not sure of what to make of it all. Mixed opinions about Shichika travelling with Hitei and letting her live etc. Probably due to me not being too fond of her character.

Anyone else feel that way or is it just me? lol

CHEERIO!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bill-e)
    So I finished Katanagatari...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The last episode was awesome. Shichika turned so badass after Togame's death. But I'm not sure of what to make of it all. Mixed opinions about Shichika travelling with Hitei and letting her live etc. Probably due to me not being too fond of her character.

Anyone else feel that way or is it just me? lol

CHEERIO!
    I thought it was a really fitting end & worked well........I was going to copy-pasta some of my post on the finale regarding Hitei, but its a bit long so I'll just give you the link XD

I really loved Katanagatari - great series.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraniel)
    I thought it was a really fitting end & worked well........I was going to copy-pasta some of my post on the finale regarding Hitei, but its a bit long so I'll just give you the link XD

I really loved Katanagatari - great series.
    Thanks. I read it all, great review
    I wish they developed Emonzaemon and Hitei's relationship and character a bit more with a stronger back story to them.
    Even still, amazing series. Loved it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bill-e)
    Thanks. I read it all, great review
    I wish they developed Emonzaemon and Hitei's relationship and character a bit more with a stronger back story to them.
    Even still, amazing series. Loved it
    Thanks
    Yeah the lack of development for Emonzaemon & Hitei were the only things that really bothered me about the show (and the weirdness of the Shikizaki plot at times), otherwise Katanagatari was very solid.

ReputationRep:
    watching ep 5 of Denpa, oh god how much more moe can erio get :puppyeyes: and her mum :facepalm2: :rofl:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    watching ep 5 of Denpa, oh god how much more moe can erio get :puppyeyes: and her mum :facepalm2: :rofl:
    For someone of 40, she's doing alright, no? :tongue: Erio is a real catch if her mother is any indicator. :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    I've just turned 20 - Oh my gosh, time really is real. My gosh what do I do >.<?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I've just turned 20 - Oh my gosh, time really is real. My gosh what do I do >.<?
    Consider yourself lucky, I'm turning 28 next week. :tongue:

Also, this is off-topic. Best to post such trivialities in the chat thread moving forward. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    :hmmm: Robin needs to lighten up, that full robo pirate docking thing would have been hilarious :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Watch REBORN!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitepearlbaby)
    Watch REBORN!
    Is that any good? Is it like Naruto!? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    C is a good show

ReputationRep:
    (C) : Control: The Money and Soul of Possibility

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.