Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Attack on Titan is ok, but I think SAO is so overrated

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Agreed! Although I've heard from a friend, who wasn't a huge fan of SAO but stuck with it, that the finale for the 2nd season was pretty good. (I heard the newer season became less and less about Kirito? This can only be a good thing in my opinion).

I liked the concept and the setting of Attack on Titan more than the story (Eren was perhaps the least interesting character).

The only anime I'm watching at the moment is Fate Stay Night: UBW. I might pick up Parasyte the Maxim, as that has proven popular, and maybe Tokyo Ghoul.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Nombre)
    Agreed! Although I've heard from a friend, who wasn't a huge fan of SAO but stuck with it, that the finale for the 2nd season was pretty good. (I heard the newer season became less and less about Kirito? This can only be a good thing in my opinion).

I liked the concept and the setting of Attack on Titan more than the story (Eren was perhaps the least interesting character).

The only anime I'm watching at the moment is Fate Stay Night: UBW. I might pick up Parasyte the Maxim, as that has proven popular, and maybe Tokyo Ghoul.
    Definitely pick up Parasyte!

ReputationRep:
    Err just finished seikon no qwaser.

No words apart from where can I get me a cup of soma? :perv:

ReputationRep:
    Just spent the whole day watching Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun and Ōkami Shōjo to Kuro Ōji. Don't ask me why, but relationship/ shoujo/ comedy animes are the new black for me.

Anyone know of Anime titles like them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just spent the whole day watching Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun and

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Judge Jasel)
    Just spent the whole day watching Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun and Ōkami Shōjo to Kuro Ōji. Don't ask me why, but relationship/ shoujo/ comedy animes are the new black for me.

I've not watched either of those, but if general shoujo rom-com recommendations will do, I quite liked Lovely Complex, Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge and Kimi ni Todoke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I've not watched either of those, but if general shoujo rom-com recommendations will do, I quite liked Lovely Complex, Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge and Kimi ni Todoke.
    Yay! More titles! Thank you!

Btw, if you like rom-coms then kaibutsu-kun is a good one. In my opinion anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Gekkan Shoujou Nozaki-kun! is one of the best I've ever seen. Rated very highly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Finished watching michiko and hatchin a few days ago, it was pretty cool. ANybody watched GITS Arise yet?

(Original post by Tai Ga)
    Err just finished seikon no qwaser.

No words apart from where can I get me a cup of soma? :perv:
    I've been meaning to watch that, is it any good?

Yay! More titles! Thank you!

Btw, if you like rom-coms then kaibutsu-kun is a good one. In my opinion anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I watched tonari no kaibutus kun not too long ago and afterwards I watched lovely complex, I wasn't disappointed, both hilariously fun anime!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ki Yung Na)

I've been meaning to watch that, is it any good?
    It's good if you can get past the overwhelming ecchi levels. I liked the action and the characters, but my god the anime was borderline hentai at times. It's still good though, and I enjoyed the budding romance between the two main characters. So, if you like bewbs and action, go for it :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ki Yung Na)
    ANybody watched GITS Arise yet?
    I should get round to trying that. Word on the street seems to be that Arise is a decent episodic techno-thriller, disappointing only in that it is only decent when it has a more-than-decent pedigree.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Ghost in the Shell as a franchise is high on my priorities list for the coming year, as all I've watched is the 1995 movie. And that was when I was only just getting into anime, about all I'd watched prior to it was Love Hina and Princess Mononoke. Too much, too soon, looking back. :o: Definitely looks like my kind of thing these days, though. :p:

ReputationRep:
    What's everyone's opinion of psycho-pass? Especially the new second season?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The first series is in my Top 50 anime list, I loved it. I quite enjoyed the sequel too, though it wasn't quite as good. The ending was a bit rushed, and a lot of the new characters lacked depth or development (and some older characters got sidelined). Might have been better if it'd had two seasons worth of episodes to tell its story, like the original did.

ReputationRep:
    The first series is in my Top 50 anime list, I loved it. I quite enjoyed the sequel too, though it wasn't quite as good. The ending was a bit rushed, and a lot of the new characters lacked depth or development (and some older characters got sidelined). Might have been better if it'd had two seasons worth of episodes to tell its story, like the original did.
    Yeah, I loved the first series, go it on bluray in fact. Haven't yet finished the second series because there's build fighters try which is ongoing, me distracting myself with 12-episode series and also the second series seems a whole lot darker.

Thing is, they never touched on what happened to Kogami did they?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    First season is brilliant, second season takes the crown as my biggest disappointment of the year. I hated it.

ReputationRep:
    14 volumes in and 20th Century Boys is still blowing me away. So glad I waited until I had the whole thing before I started reading as having to wait for each volume would have been torture!

Definitely going to be looking into more Urasawa once I finish it.

ReputationRep:
    The only anime I've ever walked out on. The idea was really good, but it just began boring me way too much after episode 20. The characters weren't that good to me, and one of the only two I liked died, which was the last straw. I thought I'd end up watching some epic police anime, but it just ended up being about this one criminal.

ReputationRep:
    Psycho Pass 1 & 2 spoilers ahead:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I think it was okay. It took a while to get going - I think around episode 9 or 10, once that weird girl stopped turning people into "art" - but it was quite interesting once it did. Another way of wording that would be that it got interesting once Makishima took a frontal role, though the scene with Kogami and the cyborg-shotgun-guy-whose-name-i-forget was also great.

The problem for me was that there was this whole Kogami vs Makishima vibe but I never felt empathetic towards Kogami as the backstory there was skimmed over. The two of them were also only loosely connected: it was Touma(?) who killed Sasayama(?). I wasn't really sure of Makishima's role in that, but I guess he compelled Touma to do it. I can appreciate that Kogami wanted to avenge his friend even still but it just wasn't personal enough for me to feel emotionally invested in it. Because of that, Makishima's death felt very empty for me. I wasn't glad Kogami did it; I felt the opposite, if anything.

The visuals, world, characters, etc were all great, but I just think it needed a better story to link all that together.

Psycho Pass 2 was meh. The premise of the story was okay, but with only 11 episodes to tell it in, it all felt a bit rushed. And, again, it didn't really end; you have to feel like it can't end until they get rid of Sibyl.

You're right that they didn't touch the previous story again, but it was a different studio so maybe they wanted to go elsewhere with it. I'm not sure how or why they'd really bring Kogami back into it anyway. He did get a brief moment in there when Akane was tripping balls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tai Ga)
    It's good if you can get past the overwhelming ecchi levels. I liked the action and the characters, but my god the anime was borderline hentai at times. It's still good though, and I enjoyed the budding romance between the two main characters. So, if you like bewbs and action, go for it :yy:
    Borderline hentai?! Haha never knew that.

Ghost in the Shell as a franchise is high on my priorities list for the coming year, as all I've watched is the 1995 movie. And that was when I was only just getting into anime, about all I'd watched prior to it was Love Hina and Princess Mononoke. Too much, too soon, looking back. :o: Definitely looks like my kind of thing these days, though. :p:
    Great, hope it lives up to expectations for you! When I first watched ghost in the shell I didn't think much of it, but the more thought I put into it and the more I watched it, I realised how good it was/is, it's without a doubt one of my favourite works of anime, might have to watch all of them again sometime alongside ARISE

(Original post by QHF)
    I should get round to trying that. Word on the street seems to be that Arise is a decent episodic techno-thriller, disappointing only in that it is only decent when it has a more-than-decent pedigree.
    Sounds like interesting stuff but then it IS GITS
    I honestly haven't heard anything about it till now, probably because I don't have much interaction with anime fans aside from this now since I hardly ever use MAL or any other forum I was on. I'm assuming you've watched plenty GITS then? If so, is there anything out there you felt was similar or just damn good like GITS is?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.