Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Yeah it was fantastic, I never thought a show about cycling could be so good.
    I know right! I like Onoda a lot, he's not like other male characters at all especially for the sport genre, I like it how he's just all about enjoying himself; it's just so fun to watch! He's kind of similar to the guy from Baby Steps, heard of it?

It's also hilarious when Imaizumi lets his guard down during the extras with his secret fondness for love hime - reminds me of myself when I first got into stuff like Katekyo Hitman, D Gray Man, and Prince of Tennis as well as many other shows which I couldn't help but get carried away with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ki Yung Na)
    I know right! I like Onoda a lot, he's not like other male characters at all especially for the sport genre, I like it how he's just all about enjoying himself; it's just so fun to watch! He's kind of similar to the guy from Baby Steps, heard of it?

It's also hilarious when Imaizumi lets his guard down during the extras with his secret fondness for love hime - reminds me of myself when I first got into stuff like Katekyo Hitman, D Gray Man, and Prince of Tennis as well as many other shows which I couldn't help but get carried away with.
    Nah I haven't seen Baby Steps. That bathroom scene is great where even Kinjou joins in:lol:. Arakita is my favourite character, he's had some great character development in GR. I like Hakone as much as Sohoku so I'll be sad to see them lose eventually.

ReputationRep:
    Nah I haven't seen Baby Steps. That bathroom scene is great where even Kinjou joins in:lol:. Arakita is my favourite character, he's had some great character development in GR. I like Hakone as much as Sohoku so I'll be sad to see them lose eventually.
    So I have been kinda reading this convo. What anime is this? Sounds fun!
    You should watch baby steps! The main character is fun! (I don't watch it but I read the manga)

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah, I haven't started season 2 yet but I imagine it'll be just as fun.

(Original post by steadmusic)
    You should watch baby steps! The main character is fun! (I don't watch it but I read the manga)
    Yowamushi Pedal

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah, I haven't started season 2 yet but I imagine it'll be just as fun.

Yowamushi Pedal
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's Yowamushi Pedal as said above, I'd definitely recommend it.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Oh right, that's cool, your English is really good btw, aside from your username I wouldn't have known you were Japanese.
    Well, I've been living in the west for 13 years now, moving to the UK when I was 18. I also attended an international school in Tokyo where the classes were taught in English, which helped a lot.

You're right about the Akkiba visit although strangely enough my interest in japan was long before I had ever gotten into anime - during my early teens I used to honestly think it was weird to watch "Chinese cartoons" - glad I came over the hurdle I was actually more interested in stuff like high speed rail technology, the Kobe earthquake recovery, high speed network tech and of course their games, most of this existed/happened before I was even born - I guess you could say my wikipedia adventures instilled an admiration for Japan.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Apologies for my esoteric enthusiasm on Japan, are you from Okinawa? I like their accents
    No need to apologise, you're not the first person I've met on here that has expressed an interest in Japanese culture. It's perfectly understandable. I suppose, when you're living there, you take all of the things you've mentioned for granted. Honestly, for my own reasons, I couldn't wait to leave and even now it's unlikely I'll ever go back to live, given my current situation. However, I've definitely come to appreciate my native country a lot more since leaving.

Edit: To answer your question, I was born in Kyoto, so nope, I'm not from Okinawa. I moved to Tokyo when I was 13, so my Kansai dialect has largely been replaced by the Tokyo one. That said, occasionally I'll pronounce words that suggest I'm originally from the Kansai region.

Kuroko's basketball is pretty slow to start but in my opinion it just keeps getting better and better. Season 3 is going to be amazing, I hope you begin to enjoy it.
    *MARATHON!!!!! :woo::woo::woo:
    Yeah, I'm currently on episode four and I'm already seeing glimpses of why it's so popular. I'm something of a fan of sport shounen, so I'll definitely be sticking with this now.

ReputationRep:
    What is the official release date for season 2 of attack on titan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by captainslow69)
    What is the official release date for season 2 of attack on titan?
    Sometime in 2016. No exact date as far as I'm aware.

ReputationRep:
    Sometime in 2016. No exact date as far as I'm aware.
    Ok thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by captainslow69)
    Ok thanks
    No problem, it's gonna be a long wait:lol:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Yeah, I'm currently on episode four and I'm already seeing glimpses of why it's so popular. I'm something of a fan of sport shounen, so I'll definitely be sticking with this now.
    I've seen some episodes dozens of times, yet I always tear up at how epic it is :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    just after starting Death Note, 22 episodes into it and IMO it has to be one of the most entertaining, cleverest
    and interesting anime i have seen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I'm rewatching Baccano! for the second time at the moment (literally just taking a break between the 5th and 6th episode to check for new posts :p:), and it is amazing. :yes:

Midousuji Akira was my favourite villain from of all of last year's anime series - quite an achievement, considering some of the other villains actually killed people! Their facial expressions weren't as entertaining, though. :p:
    Did I ever ask if you read/watched the Flowers of Evil? Sure I saw a rave manga review from you about it. Nearly bought part 1 today as it was on offer and look good. The anime's ranking is a bit iffy though.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    Did I ever ask if you read/watched the Flowers of Evil? Sure I saw a rave manga review from you about it. Nearly bought part 1 today as it was on offer and look good. The anime's ranking is a bit iffy though.
    I have read the manga, and it is fantastic.

The anime, in most ways, is a good adaptation. The one area where it differs greatly is the animation/character designs - Oshimi Shuzo's lovely character designs are replaced with a more realistic but weird looking rotoscoped animation, which was enough to put off most people. :sadnod:

This video sums up the most common reactions to the first episode. :giggle:

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I'm ending my Top 50 rewatching spree, now that I've been doing it for over 2 months, and have gotten hold of a ton of new series/movies that I probably should have watched years ago but haven't yet. Stuff like Air Gear, Blood+, GANTZ, Witch Hunter Robin... and Naruto.

I still have room on my list for something else though, so I've decided I'll pick up whatever series the first person to reply to this post wants me to, as long as I've not already seen it (my profile). Only rule is that it has to be listed on Anime-Planet; so basically, no hentai.

[EDIT] I should clarify that whatever is suggested here will be added to my already large 'want to watch' pile, so I can't guarantee I'll be able to give swift feedback, but I will watch it at some point. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ah Bacanno is really cool! I think that mix up is interesting too and I had an awful time with the characters and I also liked their names too, that show didn't really have much flaws, if any! Enjoy it
    Currently on episode 7, and it's an incredibly enjoyable anime so far! I can easily see it becoming one of my all time favourites. My server messed up transcoding the subtitles, so I did something I don't usually do with anime, and watched it with the English dub. Wow, they did a great job on the dubbing, something I never thought I'd say! :eek:

I've decided to finish last seasons stuff and my xmas stuff at the expense of this season (bar Aldnoah Zero 2).

Speaking of Aldnoah Zero (s2)...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    : show
    Surprise surprise they resurrected Inaho and the princess from certain deaths as expected. I'm somewhat annoyed they took the easy route and it'll impact on my feelings for the series. At least the music is good still.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I really do hope that this season isn't just a romance triangle between Inaho, Slaine and Cryostasis Princess Peach! Also, I was growing to like Inhao towards the end of the last season, but something about him this season really annoys me. He needs to be more... flawed? I know he has the whole 'on the spectrum' social awkwardness thing going on, maybe they could explore this more, maybe some back story? Also, his friends (the other tweens in the cast) are hideously underdeveloped as characters.

ReputationRep:
    I'm ending my Top 50 rewatching spree, now that I've been doing it for over 2 months, and have gotten hold of a ton of new series/movies that I probably should have watched years ago but haven't yet. Stuff like Air Gear, Blood+, GANTZ, Witch Hunter Robin... and Naruto.

I still have room on my list for something else though, so I've decided I'll pick up whatever series the first person to reply to this post wants me to, as long as I've not already seen it (my profile). Only rule is that it has to be listed on Anime-Planet; so basically, no hentai.

[EDIT] I should clarify that whatever is suggested here will be added to my already large 'want to watch' pile, so I can't guarantee I'll be able to give swift feedback, but I will watch it at some point. :p:
    This! Nah only kidding. Maybe this!

I thought of putting Chu-bra! but that would be somewhat evil.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    This! Nah only kidding. Maybe this!

I thought of putting Chu-bra! but that would be somewhat evil.
    I was fully prepared for an evil response when I made the post, so Toshokan Sensou is very generous. :p: I think I saw the first episode ages ago in a screening at my university's Anime Society, but I don't remember anything about it. :beard:

Might also check out Anoko ni 1000%, since it's 10 minutes long. Will pass on Chu-bra!, though.

ReputationRep:

Took a quick nosey through your A-P - have some random recs!

Spoiler:
    Show

Hikaru no Go
    Infinite Ryvius
    School Rumble
    Majestic Prince
    Polar Bear Cafe
    Mouryou no Hako
    Himitsu the Revelation
    Otome Youkai Zakuro
    Natsume Yuujinchou

Actually one of my resolutions this year is to watch more completed stuff I may have missed out on - any recs are welcome (I already have plans to start LOGH which is the major glaring omission from my list).

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.