Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyou)
    Anyone watching Kiseijuu? Best anime of 2014 for me .
    Yeah! I'm liking it quite a bit so far but I hate the waiting; the last episode didn't have enough happen - it felt like it was over in minutes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ki Yung Na)
    Yeah! I'm liking it quite a bit so far but I hate the waiting; the last episode didn't have enough happen - it felt like it was over in minutes.
    True, hopefully it gets better.

ReputationRep:
    Is Bleach manga still going on? I know they cancelled the show but I heard the manga was still going on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    Is Bleach manga still going on? I know they cancelled the show but I heard the manga was still going on.
    I believe the manga is still going on, I'm not too sure though since I've never been a follower of the never ending shonen stuff

(Original post by Kyou)
    True, hopefully it gets better.
    I'm tempted to watch a few episodes again because it unravels so well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)

Still going on and imo, on its best arc,

ReputationRep:
    I just watched Baccano and, boy, was that entertaining. Actually, at first I didn't think it was and I had no clue what was going on. But then, as I watched more and more, I started to understand various bits and yeah, it was just great. I rewatched episode 1 after episode 13 and it was like watching a whole new episode. I wonder how many more I could rewatch and feel like that with? Some really great writing there. Though, I also feel like there's lots I don't understand have tonnes of questions!

I was wondering if anyone has watched the specials? I have read mixed things about them and wondered whether I should watch them or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDave-)
    I just watched Baccano and, boy, was that entertaining. Actually, at first I didn't think it was and I had no clue what was going on. But then, as I watched more and more, I started to understand various bits and yeah, it was just great. I rewatched episode 1 after episode 13 and it was like watching a whole new episode. I wonder how many more I could rewatch and feel like that with? Some really great writing there. Though, I also feel like there's lots I don't understand have tonnes of questions!

I was wondering if anyone has watched the specials? I have read mixed things about them and wondered whether I should watch them or not.
    I also felt quite lost at the beginning but damn are you right about how good it gets.

I haven't watched the specials but I might rewatch the original and watch the special afterwards - there's quite a lot - three 30 minutes episodes but apparently a lot of the characters play very minor roles, even so I'd say go ahead since there's not much to lose.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by xDave-)

I recently rewatched it, and yeah, it's still one of my all-time favourite series. I remember feeling the same way about the early episodes when I first watched it, but sticking with it certainly paid off!

As for the specials, I thought they were quite good... though, I also felt the TV series ended so well that a continuation was unnecessary. Very conflicted.

ReputationRep:
    Think I'll finally start watching the Kuroko's Basketball anime. The manga finished a while ago so I can't see Viz releasing it. (I will still keep my fingers crossed for Haikyuu! though even if it is near impossible they'll actually release it)
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Now I know why the dance scenes in Tribe Cool Crew look so good! :zomg:

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Finally passed the 100 episode mark in Candy Candy - only took me two years of constantly stopping and restarting it to get this far. :p: I only have 13 eps to go now, so chances are I'll actually finish it this week. :zomg:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Now I know why the dance scenes in Tribe Cool Crew look so good! :zomg:

Haha, this looks amazing. Any good? I ignored the anime as it seemed intended for children, but this video is making me intrigued. :giggle:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Haha, this looks amazing. Any good? I ignored the anime as it seemed intended for children, but this video is making me intrigued. :giggle:
    I really like it as an amusing, feel-good show, and the 3D animation for the dance scenes is very good as mentioned. The drawback of putting so much effort into the dancing is that it does re-use the same routines a fair bit, and other, minor characters' dances are usually animated in 2D, if at all. Major dance rivals get the 3D treatment, though. :yes:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I voted in the movies category of the 2013 A-P anime awards (for Sakasama no Patema, Hal and Kaze Tachinu, in that order), since the threads are STILL open and no results have been posted. :awesome: Feel like a bit of a troll, but hopefully my infrequent bumping will result in some sort of answer eventually. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Finished 'The Devil is a part timer' a few days ago, might be the first show I've finished in 2015 (having started it last month.)

I enjoyed it, managed to stay pretty light and funny instead of going too sad/angsty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truered)
    Finished 'The Devil is a part timer' a few days ago, might be the first show I've finished in 2015 (having started it last month.)

I enjoyed it, managed to stay pretty light and funny instead of going too sad/angsty.
    Yeah, I loved that anime; It was great

I haven't had much time to watch anime this year though, since I've got tons of studying to do

ReputationRep:
    Love Live! The School Idol Movie releasing in Japan on June 13th.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks to youtube I've discovered the existence of 'Usamou'

:nyoron:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Truered)
    Thanks to youtube I've discovered the existence of 'Usamou'

:nyoron:
    I'm curious, Youtube and Google searches brought up nothing (anime-related, at least) for me. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I'm curious, Youtube and Google searches brought up nothing (anime-related, at least) for me. :confused:
    Umasou :nyoron:

Did you watch Patema Inverted btw?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.