Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Truered)
    Umasou :nyoron:

Did you watch Patema Inverted btw?
    Ah yes. Haven't watched any of that myself, but ANN announced this morning that it's getting a second anime movie. Looks very cute.

I did watch Patema, and I can see what you meant. I enjoyed it, but the villain and his dystopia were a bit generic, and I'd have liked to have seen more character interactions/development from Patema and Age. I still voted it best of the three anime movies I've watched in A-P's (still open and probably dead) 2013 anime awards, the other two being Hal and The Wind Rises, all three of which were Christmas presents.

[EDIT] I stand corrected. All my bumping has finally resulted in someone counting the votes. Results should be out later tonight/tomorrow. :king1:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    ...and here are the aforementioned results for Anime-Planet's 2013 Anime Awards. A resounding victory for Shin Sekai Yori!

I wonder how long it'll be before they start accepting nominations for 2014's series? :giggle:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    So Anime-Planet now has '+1 episode' buttons for series marked as watching... apparently they were added with phone/tablet users in mind, but anything that lets me update my lists half a second faster is fine with me. :p:

I think A-P is the only website I've ever signed up to where the regular changes to the site are actually improvements. :mmm:

[EDIT] I like that said button shakes if you try to +1 a series you're already up to date with. :p:

ReputationRep:
    finished Death Note the other day, has got to be one of the most cleverest animes ive ever seen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    [EDIT] I like that said button shakes if you try to +1 a series you're already up to date with. :p:
    Hmm, I don't see that. Am I just blind or is it gone now? Maybe just a mobile thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hman1994)
    finished Death Note the other day, has got to be one of the most cleverest animes ive ever seen
    After watching Deathnote, and trying to solve a problem, do you find yourself asking "What would L do?"... I've done it a couple of times... not worked
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by xDave-)
    Hmm, I don't see that. Am I just blind or is it gone now? Maybe just a mobile thing?
    I'm using a PC as always, and the site shows +ep buttons on my watching list. :dontknow:

They still shake, too, but I've got no way of screencapping that. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I'm using a PC as always, and the site shows +ep buttons on my watching list. :dontknow:
    Ohhhh, just the watching list. Yeah I see it now! I generally just stay on the All tab as I'm still on one page

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperion)
    After watching Deathnote, and trying to solve a problem, do you find yourself asking "What would L do?"... I've done it a couple of times... not worked

oh yes.. L has to got to be one of the smartest anime characters in history, i'd place him way above Shikamaru.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hman1994)
    oh yes.. L has to got to be one of the smartest anime characters in history, i'd place him way above Shikamaru.
    L's the smartest I've seen so far. Others who can come near him are Light, Lelouch and Near from the anime I've watched.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperion)
    L's the smartest I've seen so far. Others who can come near him are Light, Lelouch and Near from the anime I've watched.
    I'd consider Kiritsugu from Fate / Zero, one of the smartest characters as well

ReputationRep:
    First reactions after episode one of Nichijou... What the **** did I just watch?

ReputationRep:
    Last few days I have watched a bit of Kaiji, Durarara and a rather cute one called I don't understand what my husband is saying. Kaiji has been pretty good and I have been enjoying. Particularly as it fits into my lunch break pretty well haha. Duarara me and my girlfriend have been watching together. We are both a bit confused with it (only like 4 episodes in) but it rather interests me. It also helps as how it feels reminds me a lot of the Persona games and I have been majorly fanning over the new persona 5 trailer haha. Lastly we watched I don't Understand what my husband is saying. God was it adorable, each ep is only like 3 minutes but I really enjoyed it. Just a bit sad we managed to watch the whole series in under a hour :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I need some suggestions for an anime to watch. Something with a good adventury/actiony plot possibly with some humour created in the form of funny and weird faces. Also like really badass moments like akin to Goku going super saiyan. The anime I recently watched which has all this and that I liked was Magi.

To help, I have watched: One Piece, Naruto, Fairy Tail (the childishness puts me off a little), FMA B (fave), Bleach, Code Geass, Steins Gate, Attack on Titan, Psycho Pass, TengenTGL (didn't like too much), Magi, Death Note, Cowboy Bebop (didnt like episodic style too much) SOA, the two Avatar series' (I know, not really anime ) and some others I can't remember.

Thanks for any help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingKumar)
    Hi guys, I need some suggestions for an anime to watch. Something with a good adventury/actiony plot possibly with some humour created in the form of funny and weird faces. Also like really badass moments like akin to Goku going super saiyan. The anime I recently watched which has all this and that I liked was Magi.

To help, I have watched: One Piece, Naruto, Fairy Tail (the childishness puts me off a little), FMA B (fave), Bleach, Code Geass, Steins Gate, Attack on Titan, Psycho Pass, TengenTGL (didn't like too much), Magi, Death Note, Cowboy Bebop (didnt like episodic style too much) SOA, the two Avatar series' (I know, not really anime ) and some others I can't remember.

Thanks for any help!
    Sounds like you enjoy traditional shounen shows - something I also like. First things that jump to mind are:

Hunter x Hunter
    Soul Eater
    Darker than Black
    Eureka Seven
    Trigun
    Rurouni Kenshin
    Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
    Gintama
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by KingKumar)

Thanks for any help!
    I'll try my best!

The first thing that springs to mind is Samurai Champloo, which I recently rewatched. It should fit the action/adventure with comedy criteria, and while it is tagged as episodic, it's not in the same way as Cowboy Bebop - there are several two-part episodes, and the characters are travelling towards a defined goal.

Since a lot of the shows you say you liked are shounen, I'd definitely recommend Hunter x Hunter. The remake finished quite recently, and some of the arcs are comparable in quality to the best ones from One Piece. Quite a bit less humour in this series, but when it is present it's pretty good.

It's been a while since I've watched it, but I remember Trigun having a good balance of action and comedy, and Vash can be pretty badass. :yes:

Durarara!! has an amazing plot and hilarious characters. There's currently a sequel airing, too. It might seem a little confusing at first, but everything starts to connect as the series progresses, so it's worth sticking with it (same goes for you, JWH ).

A bit of a wildcard, but Ixion Saga DT might be worth a look if you don't mind a show that puts the comedy before the plot/action. It's very much a parody of the JRPG genre.

I hope something here catches your interest!

[EDIT] As usual, beaten to the punch while searching for links and sharing my own views. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Is Pyscho Pass all that? More importantly is it pretty? I've been thinking of getting the blu ray for months.

I almost bought Samurai Champloo today, but found myself uncertain. Instead for £10 more I bought a Modern Family set and a Veronica Mars box set after hearing good things for years about it.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I'm fairly new to anime and I'm looking for some anime recommendations. My favourites so far are Code Geass, Fullmetal Alchemist (both but Brotherhood is better), and Death Note, so I'm looking for some anime with action as well as a good story. Any good mecha anime suggestions would be great, as well as any Slice of Life anime since I recently finished K-On! which I really enjoyed. Thanks everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdwardElric)
    Hi everyone, I'm fairly new to anime and I'm looking for some anime recommendations. My favourites so far are Code Geass, Fullmetal Alchemist (both but Brotherhood is better), and Death Note, so I'm looking for some anime with action as well as a good story. Any good mecha anime suggestions would be great, as well as any Slice of Life anime since I recently finished K-On! which I really enjoyed. Thanks everyone!
    Attack on Titan is a good action show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Attack on Titan is a good action show
    I've seen Attack on Titan and I really liked it. It had a lot of intense action scenes, as well as some pretty good characters. Can't wait for the next season.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.