The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This could be amazing! A lot of great minds from the anime world, playing a table-top RPG, and these sessions and characters being used to inspire a series! That's more or less what happened with Record of Lodoss War, and I liked that a lot. :biggrin:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-02-19/madoka-magica-fate-durarara-creators-rpg-project-inspire-chaos-dragon-anime/.85161
Posted from TSR Mobile

Anyone watch d greyman?
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Anyone watch d greyman?

I watched it years ago. I'll admit, I don't remember much apart from frustration at the (non-)ending. :redface:
I pledged $16 (~£10) towards Digital Manga's Alabaster Kickstarter. As with their earlier one for Ludwig B, I feel that's not a bad price for two digital volumes. Less than a week to go until it's over...
Am I the only who finds the Gourmet Ghoul the f**king weird. Kaneki is some kind of fetish to him.
Original post by tunde100
Am I the only who finds the Gourmet Ghoul the f**king weird. Kaneki is some kind of fetish to him.

Don't know what you are on about, the guy is eloquent and eccentric - what's not to like?

I just really want to know more about that little mummy girl, the show doesn't touch on her story at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anyone tell me in Noein is any good? :holmes: . Found it in my DVD pile from 4/5 years ago and wondering whether I should crack it open... :biggrin:
Fair enough, but he freaks me out.
Fair enough, but he freaks me out.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARMONYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Anyone watch d greyman?

Didn't watch it, I read it. It's a pity it hasn't continued :frown: Hope that the mangaka continues it, eventually
Original post by Nirgilis
Can anyone tell me in Noein is any good? :holmes: . Found it in my DVD pile from 4/5 years ago and wondering whether I should crack it open... :biggrin:

No harm in doing so if you already own it. :tongue: Noein's another series I haven't watched in years, but I liked it. Quite a complex story, if I remember correctly.
Started Gantz earlier, one of several major series I probably should have watched years ago, but didn't for whatever reason. A bit heavy on the weird fanservice, and the plot's even weirder, but I'm definitely intrigued. I've heard the adaptation isn't popular with a lot of fans of the manga, though. :hmmmm2:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Started Gantz earlier, one of several major series I probably should have watched years ago, but didn't for whatever reason. A bit heavy on the weird fanservice, and the plot's even weirder, but I'm definitely intrigued. I've heard the adaptation isn't popular with a lot of fans of the manga, though. :hmmmm2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Prepared to be disappointed if it's anything like the manga. Starts off amazing and ends very badly lol. Great concept at the start though through to the middle. Really was a waste of potential imo.
Has anyone watched the monogatari series? I've heard that is has really good animation and story? :confused::s-smilie:
Original post by Idunnolife45
Has anyone watched the monogatari series? I've heard that is has really good animation and story? :confused::s-smilie:

I'm currently on Mongatari SS, I like the art style. The show is quite dialogue heavy and the story is split into mini arcs that will usually last around 3-5 episodes each. It is quite weird and the fanservice goes a bit OTT at times(one famous Nisemonogatari scene in particular) but it's a decent watch in my opinion.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Aiko
Personally, I find the plot somewhat nonsensical. Things tend to happen out of convenience or for the sake of shock factor, only to be brushed aside once it's happened. But yeah, I agree that Inaho lacks development and is very much a 'Gary Stu' character, which I'll admit I'm not entirely adverse to for that reason alone. On the other hand, whilst Slaine has received development, I can't say I'm a big fan of his or the decisions he has made, even though I can understand why he has, to an extent. Lastly, I definitely agree that Asseylum likes Inaho and I believe Slaine realises this, even though he's probably in denial about it. I'm not sure Asseylum herself will agree to his decisions this season, though. :tongue:

Ugh, I swear I just keep watching this anime to get purposely annoyed with it. It's clear that the writers want to propel the Inaho, Slaine, Asseylum love triangle as the central plot component (with the Earth v Mars war as a mere backdrop, mainly to have pretty mecha fighting scenes).

All the 'subplots' seem crudely patched together, particularly anything involving the adult Terrans. In the end, I couldn't give two hoots about Marito's squad mate who got killed in the previous war. I swear the only purpose of the doctor character (Yagarai?) was to help Marito overcome his TRAUMA, and this involved piping on about it every time he was on screen...

My husband asked the other night. 'do you think they've made Inaho x Slaine doujinshi?' Of course! :biggrin: (Although I think Slaine would get more from his Kataphrakt).

I was thinking about watching Durarara!! I've heard there's a new Durarara!! anime though? Is it worth watching the original or starting with the new adaptation?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by El Nombre
I was thinking about watching Durarara!! I've heard there's a new Durarara!! anime though? Is it worth watching the original or starting with the new adaptation?

The currently airing series of Durarara!! is a direct sequel, the story would make little to no sense if you skipped the original. Both are definitely worth watching, however. :biggrin:
Is Noragami any good?
Original post by Red Fox
Is Noragami any good?

I liked it, it had great characters and a fairly fun story. :yes:

Latest