Fair enough, but he freaks me out.
    HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARMONYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

ReputationRep:
    ahahahahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Anyone watch d greyman?
    Didn't watch it, I read it. It's a pity it hasn't continued Hope that the mangaka continues it, eventually
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    Can anyone tell me in Noein is any good? :holmes: . Found it in my DVD pile from 4/5 years ago and wondering whether I should crack it open...
    No harm in doing so if you already own it. Noein's another series I haven't watched in years, but I liked it. Quite a complex story, if I remember correctly.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Started Gantz earlier, one of several major series I probably should have watched years ago, but didn't for whatever reason. A bit heavy on the weird fanservice, and the plot's even weirder, but I'm definitely intrigued. I've heard the adaptation isn't popular with a lot of fans of the manga, though. :hmmmm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Started Gantz earlier, one of several major series I probably should have watched years ago, but didn't for whatever reason. A bit heavy on the weird fanservice, and the plot's even weirder, but I'm definitely intrigued. I've heard the adaptation isn't popular with a lot of fans of the manga, though. :hmmmm2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Prepared to be disappointed if it's anything like the manga. Starts off amazing and ends very badly lol. Great concept at the start though through to the middle. Really was a waste of potential imo.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone watched the monogatari series? I've heard that is has really good animation and story? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idunnolife45)
    Has anyone watched the monogatari series? I've heard that is has really good animation and story? :confused:
    I'm currently on Mongatari SS, I like the art style. The show is quite dialogue heavy and the story is split into mini arcs that will usually last around 3-5 episodes each. It is quite weird and the fanservice goes a bit OTT at times(one famous Nisemonogatari scene in particular) but it's a decent watch in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Personally, I find the plot somewhat nonsensical. Things tend to happen out of convenience or for the sake of shock factor, only to be brushed aside once it's happened. But yeah, I agree that Inaho lacks development and is very much a 'Gary Stu' character, which I'll admit I'm not entirely adverse to for that reason alone. On the other hand, whilst Slaine has received development, I can't say I'm a big fan of his or the decisions he has made, even though I can understand why he has, to an extent. Lastly, I definitely agree that Asseylum likes Inaho and I believe Slaine realises this, even though he's probably in denial about it. I'm not sure Asseylum herself will agree to his decisions this season, though.
    Ugh, I swear I just keep watching this anime to get purposely annoyed with it. It's clear that the writers want to propel the Inaho, Slaine, Asseylum love triangle as the central plot component (with the Earth v Mars war as a mere backdrop, mainly to have pretty mecha fighting scenes).

All the 'subplots' seem crudely patched together, particularly anything involving the adult Terrans. In the end, I couldn't give two hoots about Marito's squad mate who got killed in the previous war. I swear the only purpose of the doctor character (Yagarai?) was to help Marito overcome his TRAUMA, and this involved piping on about it every time he was on screen...

My husband asked the other night. 'do you think they've made Inaho x Slaine doujinshi?' Of course! (Although I think Slaine would get more from his Kataphrakt).

I was thinking about watching Durarara!! I've heard there's a new Durarara!! anime though? Is it worth watching the original or starting with the new adaptation?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by El Nombre)
    I was thinking about watching Durarara!! I've heard there's a new Durarara!! anime though? Is it worth watching the original or starting with the new adaptation?
    The currently airing series of Durarara!! is a direct sequel, the story would make little to no sense if you skipped the original. Both are definitely worth watching, however.

ReputationRep:
    Is Noragami any good?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Is Noragami any good?
    I liked it, it had great characters and a fairly fun story. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I liked it, it had great characters and a fairly fun story. :yes:
    How about Arakawa Under the Bridge?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    How about Arakawa Under the Bridge?
    A hilarious comedy, if you don't mind weird characters doing weird things. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    A hilarious comedy, if you don't mind weird characters doing weird things. :yes:
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Is Noragami any good?
    It's a good anime but I prefer the manga
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Is Noragami any good?
    Loved it, some hardcore feels in it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    One more question:
    Is Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica worth watching if you know about the 'twist'?

(Original post by Idunnolife45)
    It's a good anime but I prefer the manga
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Loved it, some hardcore feels in it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I want to watch anime and keep up with this thread.

Spoiler:
    Show
    But I've held back for nearly two weeks and this is perfect to start revision early for once!

#otakugakuseiproblems :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Anyone watch d greyman?
    I've watched it. I really enjoyed it - I can't remember it well because it was a long time ago now but I do remember liking it and wishing it had continued; I would recommend it!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.