The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mickybee
Read the manga but dropped it after a while. Is the anime any good?

I dunno..I'm not watching, just asking to see if I should watch it :colondollar:
But by the looks of gifs and stuff it looks pretty good
Original post by Idunnolife45
I dunno..I'm not watching, just asking to see if I should watch it :colondollar:
But by the looks of gifs and stuff it looks pretty good

Ah okay, I'll give it a watch actually. I was looking for something new. Apparently the new season of Tokyo Ghoul is mixing elements from the manga but doing its own thing as well, hears it get a log of flak off other fans. Think I'll give it a chance.
Original post by mickybee
Ah okay, I'll give it a watch actually. I was looking for something new. Apparently the new season of Tokyo Ghoul is mixing elements from the manga but doing its own thing as well, hears it get a log of flak off other fans. Think I'll give it a chance.

Most people are putting up with the changes because it is a specially written script from the mangaka (so expect something, I guess)...but some people don't like the entire series just because they don't like the opening :s-smilie:
Most people are putting up with the changes because it is a specially written script from the mangaka (so expect something, I guess

It's almost been exactly the same, though, just with tonnes of stuff left out. There have only been 2 big changes so far, and one of them proved completely inconsequential. We don't know about the other yet.

It's been very disappointing thus far. They've left out too many things for it all to make sense, and they also left out what is in my opinion the best part of the manga
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by xDave-
They've left out too many things for it all to make sense, and they also left out what is in my opinion the best part of the manga

The original anime left out too much of the story line and they're trying to make up for this by adding in another plot to the story...
And yeah, I think they've completely missed the true essence of Tokyo Ghoul - I mean it's so cool how the mangaka uses symbolism and all that crazy shtuff :biggrin: :blah:

Do you read re: ?
Do you read re: ?

Yup! Patiently awaiting the new chapter.

Re: hasn't really got going yet but I think(/hope) it's about to start getting really interesting.
Just checking in since its been over a month since my last post in here. The reason being I haven't actually watched anything since mid Jan.
Most people are putting up with the changes because it is a specially written script from the mangaka (so expect something, I guess)...but some people don't like the entire series just because they don't like the opening :s-smilie:

I see, well I think that's a special case. And yeah, that's something that really took me by surprise. I generally like the opening of every anime I've ever watched but I don't like Tokyo Ghoul's opening.
junketsu no maria is surprisingly dark :afraid:
Are there any ongoing animes that are underrated/not popular but arguably, and I say arguably loosely, as good as animes like one piece, tokyo ghoul, fairy tail, nanatsu no taizai?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Back from Minamicon! I may post photos of my cosplay as and when they become available, but for now, here's the stuff I've brought back:

Figurine and plushie

Original post by Abzey_97
Are there any ongoing animes that are underrated/not popular but arguably, and I say arguably loosely, as good as animes like one piece, tokyo ghoul, fairy tail, nanatsu no taizai?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd say Durarara!! (second series is currently ongoing) and Parasyte -the maxim- are my favourite anime airing at the moment. I personally prefer both to Tokyo Ghoul and Nanatsu no Taizai. :yes: Durarara!! in particular is amazing in that it has a huge cast of unique characters, manages to develop them well, and also has a complex plot. I find that not many short series can manage that without screwing up the pacing, but Durarara!! is perfect.

[EDIT] I somehow missed the underrated/not popular part of your post... still applies to Durarara!! to some extent, there aren't that many people watching the sequel, possibly because of the 5 year wait after the first series ended. Parasyte is certainly popular, though.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Abzey_97

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Garo is probably the best show currently airing that no one is really watching.
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Back from Minamicon! I may post photos of my cosplay as and when they become available, but for now, here's the stuff I've brought back:

Figurine and plushie

I like how when I click on the photos of you cosplaying I get some pushy adverts telling me to buy prints of you :wink:
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
I like how when I click on the photos of you cosplaying I get some pushy adverts telling me to buy prints of you :wink:

55% off with the promotional code, and worth every penny, I'm sure. :p:

Slowly catching up with all the anime I've fallen behind with over the long weekend - only fifteen episodes to go. :afraid:
Who else is excited for the Digimon 15th year anniversary (Digimon Adventure tri.) :dance: They've just released this image :O B_vgC8-UgAIBgvI.jpg
1426084792401.jpg

Any freezing readers here? 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Minamicon masquerade walk-ons - I'm at 17:15, as well as being in the thumbnail of the video. :proud:
[video="youtube;YVfiAzd8EIQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVfiAzd8EIQ[/video]

I created my own top favorite anime video. Gimme feedback and Hope you enjoy my magic
Original post by shazam1994
[video="youtube;YVfiAzd8EIQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVfiAzd8EIQ[/video]

I created my own top favorite anime video. Gimme feedback and Hope you enjoy my magic

Content-wise, it was great fun! :biggrin: Your taste in comedy anime seems similar to mine, and you picked some hilarious scenes that didn't spoil any of the series. :yes: Though personally, I found the switch to dub for Seto no Hanayome an unpleasant surprise. :p: The first clips for Working!! seemed to include translation edit notes, which were a bit off-putting, but that's only a minor nit-pick. :smile:

Latest