Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    junketsu no maria is surprisingly dark :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Are there any ongoing animes that are underrated/not popular but arguably, and I say arguably loosely, as good as animes like one piece, tokyo ghoul, fairy tail, nanatsu no taizai?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Back from Minamicon! I may post photos of my cosplay as and when they become available, but for now, here's the stuff I've brought back:

Figurine and plushie
    I could not have found a better figurine than this one. :zomg: (Shidou Mariya from Maria+Holic, a character I have previously cosplayed as!)

Yukimura from Haganai isn't new, but as an honourary otokonoko character with virtually the same pose, this photo had to happen.

I'm not as hugely into Negima! as I used to be, but the Asuna plushie was my first purchase at my first anime expo (Telford MCM), and I bought Konoka the second time I went there. I'd hoped to make it an annual thing, but they stopped selling them there in the years after that. Evangeline was just £1 at the bring and buy, so well worth it IMO.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Abzey_97)
    Are there any ongoing animes that are underrated/not popular but arguably, and I say arguably loosely, as good as animes like one piece, tokyo ghoul, fairy tail, nanatsu no taizai?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd say Durarara!! (second series is currently ongoing) and Parasyte -the maxim- are my favourite anime airing at the moment. I personally prefer both to Tokyo Ghoul and Nanatsu no Taizai. :yes: Durarara!! in particular is amazing in that it has a huge cast of unique characters, manages to develop them well, and also has a complex plot. I find that not many short series can manage that without screwing up the pacing, but Durarara!! is perfect.

[EDIT] I somehow missed the underrated/not popular part of your post... still applies to Durarara!! to some extent, there aren't that many people watching the sequel, possibly because of the 5 year wait after the first series ended. Parasyte is certainly popular, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abzey_97)

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Garo is probably the best show currently airing that no one is really watching.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Back from Minamicon! I may post photos of my cosplay as and when they become available, but for now, here's the stuff I've brought back:

Figurine and plushie
    I could not have found a better figurine than this one. :zomg: (Shidou Mariya from Maria+Holic, a character I have previously cosplayed as!)

Yukimura from Haganai isn't new, but as an honourary otokonoko character with virtually the same pose, this photo had to happen.

I'm not as hugely into Negima! as I used to be, but the Asuna plushie was my first purchase at my first anime expo (Telford MCM), and I bought Konoka the second time I went there. I'd hoped to make it an annual thing, but they stopped selling them there in the years after that. Evangeline was just £1 at the bring and buy, so well worth it IMO.
    I like how when I click on the photos of you cosplaying I get some pushy adverts telling me to buy prints of you
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    I like how when I click on the photos of you cosplaying I get some pushy adverts telling me to buy prints of you
    55% off with the promotional code, and worth every penny, I'm sure. :p:

Slowly catching up with all the anime I've fallen behind with over the long weekend - only fifteen episodes to go. :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Who else is excited for the Digimon 15th year anniversary (Digimon Adventure tri.) :dance: They've just released this image :O Name:  B_vgC8-UgAIBgvI.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  105.6 KB

ReputationRep:
    Name:  1426084792401.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  40.1 KB

Any freezing readers here? 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader

Minamicon masquerade walk-ons - I'm at 17:15, as well as being in the thumbnail of the video. :proud:

ReputationRep:

I created my own top favorite anime video. Gimme feedback and Hope you enjoy my magic
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by shazam1994)

I created my own top favorite anime video. Gimme feedback and Hope you enjoy my magic
    Content-wise, it was great fun! Your taste in comedy anime seems similar to mine, and you picked some hilarious scenes that didn't spoil any of the series. :yes: Though personally, I found the switch to dub for Seto no Hanayome an unpleasant surprise. :p: The first clips for Working!! seemed to include translation edit notes, which were a bit off-putting, but that's only a minor nit-pick.

ReputationRep:
    Content-wise, it was great fun! Your taste in comedy anime seems similar to mine, and you picked some hilarious scenes that didn't spoil any of the series. :yes: Though personally, I found the switch to dub for Seto no Hanayome an unpleasant surprise. :p: The first clips for Working!! seemed to include translation edit notes, which were a bit off-putting, but that's only a minor nit-pick.
    Thank you for the feedback. This is my first time making anime video and i will take you feedback and improve in future videos.

ReputationRep:
    Are there any sports anime set in high-school where the main character actually progresses into the second/third year?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Are there any sports anime set in high-school where the main character actually progresses into the second/third year?
    Cross Game follows the characters all the way through high school. :yes: Free! also sees the characters progress a year in its sequel, Eternal Summer. I think that's it out of all the ones I've seen, but I've not watched that many. :nah:

ReputationRep:
    Cross Game follows the characters all the way through high school. :yes: Free! also sees the characters progress a year in its sequel, Eternal Summer. I think that's it out of all the ones I've seen, but I've not watched that many. :nah:
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Spring season preview finally done!

(Shameless plug, but these things take me forever so I don't care :giggle: )

ReputationRep:
    Any manga recommendations? I've barely read anything so I'm open to any suggestions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Any manga recommendations? I've barely read anything so I'm open to any suggestions.
    I haven't read much myself, but Green Blood was really enjoyable and I loved the art; absolutely beautiful.

Most of the stuff I read is me continuing where an anime left off really. Other than that, I'm reading UQ Holder and I have also read Negima, its prequel. I think UQ Holder is alright, though Negima was a real pain to read. It's an ecchi harem 99% of the time and then 1% serious, whereas UQ Holder is largely a serious manga. But I had to do it for the backstory so I could read UQ Holder, so it's mandatory really. Not sure if I'd recommend it because of that.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by caraniel)
    Spring season preview finally done!

(Shameless plug, but these things take me forever so I don't care :giggle: )
    One step ahead of me, as usual... I'm hoping to have the TSR thread up tomorrow. :yes:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.