Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tai Ga)
    Since Diamond no Ace is about baseball I'd recommend Ookiku Furikabutte.
    Area no Kishi was also pretty good and that's about football.
    Thanks. I used to be really into football so I'll have a look at Area no Kishi.
    (Original post by Ki Yung Na)
    x
    Wow thanks for this. Cross Game has been recommended to me before and I've heard a lot of good things about Hajime no Ippo so I'll check these two out after DnA.

I'm currently watching Gintama so I don't want to pick up another really long show so I'll give Prince of Tennis and Katekyo Hitman a miss for now. Does Prince of Tennis also focus on the stories of all the side characters and show matches between rather than always focusing on the main character?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Thanks

Wow thanks for this. Cross Game has been recommended to me before and I've heard a lot of good things about Hajime no Ippo so I'll check these two out after DnA.

I'm currently watching Gintama so I don't want to pick up another really long show so I'll give Prince of Tennis and Katekyo Hitman a miss for now. Does Prince of Tennis also focus on the stories of all the side characters and show matches between rather than always focusing on the main character?
    You're welcome.

Gintama sure is awesome; I haven't watched it in awhile but that's a good choice! And dw, most of those longer one's are probably not worth viewing unless you've got the time like I did back then.

Regarding PoT; from what I can remember there is plenty of focus on the rest of the cast but it takes a bit longer to find out more about them on a personal level.
    In terms of as players and their matches though, they do get plenty of focus and probably more focus than the main because after all it is a team effort. They play tennis as a school as opposed to individually so it's quite like seido in that respect.
    However one warning would be that it can seem a bit too shonen/battle manga like in the sense that there's a few crazy names for made up moves/techniques but ignoring that it delivers a similar sense of camaraderie to AoD.

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome.

Gintama sure is awesome; I haven't watched it in awhile but that's a good choice! And dw, most of those longer one's are probably not worth viewing unless you've got the time like I did back then.

Regarding PoT; from what I can remember there is plenty of focus on the rest of the cast but it takes a bit longer to find out more about them on a personal level.
    In terms of as players and their matches though, they do get plenty of focus and probably more focus than the main because after all it is a team effort. They play tennis as a school as opposed to individually so it's quite like seido in that respect.
    However one warning would be that it can seem a bit too shonen/battle manga like in the sense that there's a few crazy names for made up moves/techniques but ignoring that it delivers a similar sense of camaraderie to AoD.
    I'm on episode 70-something of Gintama and it's fantastic.

That does sound pretty good then, I like shows that focus on a wide range of characters. I don't mind the ridiculous moves as long as it's entertaining.

ReputationRep:
    Just out of interest does anybody know when episode 3 of Imawa no kuni no Alice will be available to watch with English subs?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by azzax)
    Just out of interest does anybody know when episode 3 of Imawa no kuni no Alice will be available to watch with English subs?
    Whenever Kaitou Fansubs are finished subbing it, since it looks like they're the only ones working on it. I couldn't see any mention of delays/confirmation that they've dropped it on their site or anything like that. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Whenever Kaitou Fansubs are finished subbing it, since it looks like they're the only ones working on it. I couldn't see any mention of delays/confirmation that they've dropped it on their site or anything like that. :dontknow:
    Ohhhh oke :') i guess i'll just have to keep an eye out for it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I need help identifying an anime series... I know, I can't quite believe it myself. :zomg: A friend wants to know what it was called, and described it as follows:

'a short series from a few years ago, seven minutes an episode, all about a group of teenaged military cadets that came into possession of some top secret military article and were being hunted by a faction of Japanese Self Defence Forces through no fault of their own'.

This rings absolutely no bells with me, so any help would be greatly appreciated!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    ^ Cara reckons it could be Busou Chuugakusei: Basket Army, which sounds about right to me.

ReputationRep:
    omg ore monogatari got an anime :woo: Literally the best "shoujo" manga ever made

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    I'm on episode 70-something of Gintama and it's fantastic.

That does sound pretty good then, I like shows that focus on a wide range of characters. I don't mind the ridiculous moves as long as it's entertaining.
    I got to around 150 something but I haven't watched it in months because I just can't be bothered to find where it was I got to lol.

I think I know what you mean about the focus on a range of characters - it is most likely why I enjoyed things like PoT, AoD, D Gray Man and Katekyo Hitman

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by ScienceFantatic)
    Hello everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Welcome to the Anime Society!

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hiyaa!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What's everyone's favourite anime series ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Has to be FMAB!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I have a Top 50, but if I had to pick just the one, it'd likely be Baccano! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hello!

^ Cara reckons it could be Busou Chuugakusei: Basket Army, which sounds about right to me.
    No wonder you couldn't identify it immediately - doesn't seem to have done too well!
    That being said I'm actually kind of curious and want to watch it now despite the bad reviews.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    No wonder you couldn't identify it immediately - doesn't seem to have done too well!
    That being said I'm actually kind of curious and want to watch it now despite the bad reviews.
    It's probably more to do with the fact I don't watch many shorts, it's likely I wouldn't be able to identify some of the more popular ones from the synopsis alone. I'm also interested in Basket Army now though, might watch it this weekend since it won't take up much time. :p:

ReputationRep:
    It's probably more to do with the fact I don't watch many shorts, it's likely I wouldn't be able to identify some of the more popular ones from the synopsis alone. I'm also interested in Basket Army now though, might watch it this weekend since it won't take up much time. :p:
    It's pretty much the same for me except time's not much of an issue since I'm still a student but I hate the fact that whenever I do take a break from anime my list of what to watch just seems to undertake rapid growth.

#otakulife

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys, got an invite so I clicked to join group
    Im Maki ^_~

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.