The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Advanced Subsidiary
I seriously need to take a look at this "Reborn"! :smile:

Haha I'm obsessed with it :colone: It might not be the most amazing of series and not for everyone but I lurrrve it :h:
Reply 861
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Besides Aberanime yesterday I've not watched any anime since Sunday. The reason being that one of the society members presented me with two 1TB hard drives and asked me to give him my anime. All of it. Since my laptop's fan sounds like a foghorn these days there was no way I could leave the thing transferring files overnight, neither could I expect it to multitask and let me watch anime while it was transferring. So every waking minute of the last three days has been put towards copying 2TB of anime from my five drives (and a few DVDs) onto his two. While I'm always happy to share my anime with other people, I look forward to finishing this transfer in the next couple of hours and getting back to my usual routine. :p:

Still, time away from my computer has meant more time for manga! I started with Moto Hagio's A Drunken Dream and Other Stories, a collection of oneshots released as an anthology. They were all pretty good, but I especially liked Iguana Girl. The anthology doesn't have an A-P listing though, and of the oneshots themselves I was only able to add Hanshin to my list. Today I read Not Love But Delicious Foods Make Me So Happy by Fumi Yoshinaga, which was alright, but mostly just left me feeling very hungry. :p: I also read Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman's Good Omens, and resumed the Earthsea Quartet, but it's unlikely I'll finish the latter before the file transfer completes.

Unfortunate that your laptop is unable to playback video alongside file transferring. Not sure if I could deal with that myself. :tongue: Still, at least it gave you the incentive to read some manga in the mean time. :smile:

Original post by bill-e
Still not down from the ending of katanagatari :redface:

My favourite scene :biggrin:

Spoiler

Yeah, the last episode was pretty good, although I wasn't overly keen on the fact that...

Spoiler

Original post by eugenius 8
flashbacks in latest shippuuden ep :sad: bit of a twist in the end :beard:

Latest episode has been so so... I still look forward to watching this each week, more so than most, but the slow pacing is bugging me a little. :sadnod:

indeed :awesome: its hilarious but so wrong at the same time :no: :mmm:

Yeah, an apt description of Meme. :tongue:

Original post by Truered
coco rice :yes:

Different strokes for different folks, I guess? :tongue:

I've decided that A-channel is quite a cute little series. A bit K-on like in atmosphere, nothing amazing, but quite pleasant to watch. Oh and Tooru is adorable :emog:

Yeah, definitely reminiscent of K-ON!, in all its moe glory, but as you say, it's a cute series. :smile:

The latter parts of episode 4 of Hidan Aria were a bit :lolwut:

In what sense? :tongue:

Original post by Truered
Ah that just reminded me of the one thing I thought most about above all. Forget the talk of aliens, or wearing a futon. One of my major thoughts was "in what world is that person 40?" :awesome: I did think at first it was a subtitle error :mmm: My parents are only three years older then that character :teehee:

Well, I suppose it shouldn't be too surprising. After all...

Spoiler

:tongue:
I seriously need to take a look at this "Reborn"! :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6azlAP4g3b0

Hilarious. I'll probably become addicted to it in no time. Thanks :smile:
Hilarious. I'll probably become addicted to it in no time. Thanks :smile:

Aww that sounds so sarcastic :p:
Reply 865
Has anyone here seen Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo? As the name suggests, this got to be the most random anime ever made! I watched one episode and gave up :rofl:

http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/bobobo-bo-bo-bobo

edit: Basically about this guy who fights with his nasal hair :biggrin:
Reply 866
Original post by Bjoorn
Has anyone here seen Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo? As the name suggests, this got to be the most random anime ever made! I watched one episode and gave up :rofl:

http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/bobobo-bo-bo-bobo

edit: Basically about this guy who fights with his nasal hair :biggrin:

Read a few chapters ages ago - gave me a headache :giggle:
Please not *inset number of Bos here* T_t
Reply 868
Original post by Aiko

In what sense? :tongue:

Spoiler

:teehee:

Hidan Aria 4

Spoiler

edit: oh wait I didn't see the ":p:"
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Aiko

Spoiler

Ahahaha I've seen that before, so funny :teehee:
Reply 870
Original post by Truered
:teehee:

Hidan Aria 4

Spoiler

edit: oh wait I didn't see the ":p:"

Hidan no Aria is like Shakugan no Shana mixed with Milky Holmes.......it is bizarre!
Original post by whitepearlbaby
Aww that sounds so sarcastic :p:

:rofl: I never present myself well online, apologies lol.
Reply 872
Original post by caraniel
Milky Holmes

Given some of my viewing history, and my usual antics of creeping you out with cute things, would you be surprised to learn I dropped that? I got halfway through the second episode, thought "why am I watching this?" and then went and started watching an episode of a different show :mmm:

Also just finished watching Kuragehime. That was quite a pleasant, fun series :yes: Glad I decided to watch it, having not watched it (obviously :tongue:) when it aired. Though I'm fairly certain at the time I confused its title with the content of Ika musume :mmm:
Reply 873
oh man thriller bark was something else ...once brook(:cry2:) began doing things it got all kinds of awesome ....and then ending :lolwut:

Spoiler

....so damn cool.
Reply 874
Original post by Truered
Given some of my viewing history, and my usual antics of creeping you out with cute things, would you be surprised to learn I dropped that? I got halfway through the second episode, thought "why am I watching this?" and then went and started watching an episode of a different show :mmm:

Also just finished watching Kuragehime. That was quite a pleasant, fun series :yes: Glad I decided to watch it, having not watched it (obviously :tongue:) when it aired. Though I'm fairly certain at the time I confused its title with the content of Ika musume :mmm:

I watched the entirety of Milky Holmes in a day......it was a dare & I had to have the support of alcohol. Never again! :laugh:

Original post by vin
oh man thriller bark was something else ...once brook(:cry2:) began doing things it got all kinds of awesome ....and then ending :lolwut:

Spoiler

....so damn cool.

Oh god that was beyond awesome! Wasn't all that keen on Thriller Bark to start with, but it was well worth it in the end!
Reply 875
I watched the entirety of Milky Holmes in a day......it was a dare & I had to have the support of alcohol. Never again! :laugh:

So finally, the real reason you've been quiet on here in recent times :beard:

:awesome:

I ordered more manga yesterday. As well as about one and a half weeks ago. I have ordered a ridiculous amount this month, but I blame a combination of normally being a saver so deciding to treat myself+ being sad about a recent death in the family...so deciding to treat myself.

Well that's my excuse and I'm standing by it :yes: :ahee:
Reply 876
Oh yeah ive seen a few pics of them in their strong world outfits floating about ...everyone's looking all nice and smart:cute: well all but one

...Mr always smart and completely clean and tidy never even letting a speck of dust land on his suit sanji.... isnt wearing a tie!!:unimpressed:

Oh god that was beyond awesome! Wasn't all that keen on Thriller Bark to start with, but it was well worth it in the end!

it's always worth it with one piece :yep: except that dragon filler arc:mmm: only 6 eps but so boring
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 877
Original post by Aiko
Yeah, the last episode was pretty good, although I wasn't overly keen on the fact that...

Spoiler

I totally agree! I felt a bit weird seeing that. I suppose they needed some sort of closure and felt

Spoiler

Original post by vin

Spoiler

....so damn cool.

:zomg: That one moment made the arc so much better!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Arrgh Crunchyroll :angry: My videos would load well if only the adverts would :angry: "ddd-disney p-p-p-pres-ents a s-s-st-u-di-o g-g-g-ghibli..." i mean wtf :colonhash:
Reply 879
Original post by whitepearlbaby
Arrgh Crunchyroll :angry: My videos would load well if only the adverts would :angry: "ddd-disney p-p-p-pres-ents a s-s-st-u-di-o g-g-g-ghibli..." i mean wtf :colonhash:

LOL The one I always get is the game advert. O.o Seriously messed up, it plays then I get a couple of seconds of the opening song, then it plays the advert again. ¬_¬

I saw on Crunchyroll as well that FMA is getting a new movie?? :O
Trailer here,
http://www.hagaren-movie.net/#/trailer
(took ages to load!) It's probably just me, but I found the animation to be a little different and strange. O.o

Latest