Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Durarara is quickly becoming one of my favourite shows. It definitely has one of the best cast of characters in anime.

(Original post by keromedic)
    Chinese, really?

Meh. Multitasking ftw.

Thanks AJ.
    I can't multi-task so I've just decided to ignore the studying part. How is your studying going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I've watched most of this season's first episodes. :yes: Owari no Seraph seems pretty good (though I've not watched the second episode yet); I strongly disliked Punch Line though, because regardless of what else is going on in that series, it's just an excuse for endless, plot-relevant panty shots. :yucky:
    I agree. I decided to watch it as someone said that the OP is so awesome like the OP from One-punch Man. Got disappointed :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Durarara is quickly becoming one of my favourite shows. It definitely has one of the best cast of characters in anime.

I can't multi-task so I've just decided to ignore the studying part. How is your studying going?
    I agree with you there Durarara is pretry goood!! Though I have yet to start the seco d season because of exams Can't wait to start watching it again!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Durarara is amazing, only on episode 5, but it is amazing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azzax)
    I agree with you there Durarara is pretry goood!! Though I have yet to start the seco d season because of exams Can't wait to start watching it again!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by ScienceFantatic)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm halfway through the second season. Izaya is easily my favourite character.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlareBlitz96)
    i just came here to say that steins gate is the best anime of all timne
    Have you read the new stein gates manga?

ReputationRep:
    There's a Tokyo Ghoul Dance video :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    Have you read the new stein gates manga?
    Is it a 2nd season? I didnt hear about it

ReputationRep:
    Is it a 2nd season? I didnt hear about it
    I'm not too sure myself. I've yet to read it, but all the information are here:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...er-game/.75771

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScienceFantatic)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhh I can't wait for the next season coming out in July

Don't click the spoiler if you haven't finished watching season 2

Spoiler:
    Show
    I can't believe Izaya was almost killed at the end he's supposed to be untouchable -.- , and damn Ryuugamine Mikado has finally revealed his psycho side :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Is he the broker or is that someone else? I'm bad at Japanese names that aren't like Naruto or goku XD

I like the guy who flirts with everyone,he's hilarious.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah he's awesome lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster

OKayish. Was ill last week so cramming this week but am on target .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    I'm not too sure myself. I've yet to read it, but all the information are here:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...er-game/.75771
    HYPE HYPE HYPE, it looks like the 2nd season. Thanks so much for telling me about this

ReputationRep:
    HYPE HYPE HYPE, it looks like the 2nd season. Thanks so much for telling me about this
    No problem. I might read and watch Steins Gate all over again

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think Steins Gate was that good. I think you guys on here overated it lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Tenacious)
    I didn't think Steins Gate was that good. I think you guys on here overated it lol
    I didn't really like it that much either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Tenacious)
    Everyone has different taste and opinion: for example, I wouldn't consider Naruto to be one of the best anime ever made (half way through Shippuden it got so bad).
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I rewatched Steins;Gate earlier this year, and while it remains in my Top 50 and is unlikely to drop out anytime soon, it didn't *quite* live up to the astronomical amount of nostalgia I had for it. Though the dialogue was great, the characters themselves weren't as original as those of, say, Baccano! (though that's true for most series), and the episodes...

Spoilers for Steins;Gate ep 16 onwards
    when Okabe was going back and undoing each character's D-Mails

...were a bit slow and repetitive, apart from the last (first? :p: ) one. Minor flaws in an otherwise perfect show, as far as I'm concerned.

[EDIT] Also, it's not just 'us guys on here' overrating it, A-P ranks it 3rd highest out of all the anime in its database, and if you exclude the new 4th series of Gintama since anyone who isn't a fan of the franchise is unlikely to keep watching that far, it's 2nd only to Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. :beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I rewatched Steins;Gate earlier this year, and while it remains in my Top 50 and is unlikely to drop out anytime soon, it didn't *quite* live up to the astronomical amount of nostalgia I had for it. Though the dialogue was great, the characters themselves weren't as original as those of, say, Baccano! (though that's true for most series), and the episodes...

Spoilers for Steins;Gate ep 16 onwards
    when Okabe was going back and undoing each character's D-Mails

...were a bit slow and repetitive, apart from the last (first? :p: ) one. Minor flaws in an otherwise perfect show, as far as I'm concerned.

[EDIT] Also, it's not just 'us guys on here' overrating it, A-P ranks it 3rd highest out of all the anime in its database, and if you exclude the new 4th series of Gintama since anyone who isn't a fan of the franchise is unlikely to keep watching that far, it's 2nd only to Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. :beard:
    One does not simply exclude Gintama:lol:. But yeah that's ridiculous, it's #1 after just one episode.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.