Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

• Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    You're so knowledgeable @angryjellyfish.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    My Love Story!! continues to be a masterclass in perfect slice of life adorableness. UtaPri Revolution continues to deliver episodes where basically nothing happens but it mangaes to be entertaining somehow. & that is still all I watch.

ReputationRep:
    Just finished watching madoka magica from recommendation. I was questioning it to about episode 3 then I understood what people were on about haha. I was good though, I do love anime that goes pretty dark with stuff.

My girlfriend has been telling me to watch Plastic memories lately. Seeing the conversations about it on here and her recommendations I am rather looking forward to it

ReputationRep:
    Just finished Usagi Drop, a 9/10 from me.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm just glad the anime didn't end like the manga did. I found out how the manga ended shortly after finishing the anime, and it kind of ruined the magic of the anime for me. So glad they didn't give it a second season.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by EdwardElric)
    Just finished Usagi Drop, a 9/10 from me.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm just glad the anime didn't end like the manga did. I found out how the manga ended shortly after finishing the anime, and it kind of ruined the magic of the anime for me. So glad they didn't give it a second season.
    You finished that quickly . Would you recommend it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    You finished that quickly . Would you recommend it?
    Yeah, I watched the first two episodes on Sunday and I marathoned the rest (9 episodes) yesterday. I started pretty late though so I finished around 1:30 a.m, since I was watching the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya during the afternoon which is almost 3 hours long.

I really would recommend it if you enjoy SOL or just a great story in general. I liked how it covered the theme of parenthood so well, and it (almost) made me wish I had a kid myself. Just a very cute and heartwarming show overall. I just wish it was a little longer though.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Made myself a Top 50 anime list using A-P's new look custom list function. Much better than what I had before!

My thoughts/reasons why they're on the list will be added when I have the time, and I guess I should probably try and put them in some sort of order (right now it's completely randomized).

[EDIT] It is now in (very rough) order of awesomeness, though I'll probably keep playing with it all evening. :p:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    News about Digimon Adventure Tri - apparently it's going to be a series of 6 movies. :s:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ew-cast/.87876

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    News about Digimon Adventure Tri - apparently it's going to be a series of 6 movies. :s:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ew-cast/.87876
    This could be interesting....
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by EL_Horse)
    This could be interesting....
    Should hopefully mean better animation, but also a much much longer wait for fans outside of Japan. Hopefully they'll prove to be worth it!

ReputationRep:
    Should hopefully mean better animation, but also a much much longer wait for fans outside of Japan. Hopefully they'll prove to be worth it!
    Did you watch the original series in sub or dub? I watched it in dub and i doubt i could i watch it sub now :/ Just means an even longer wait before i can watch it :'(
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by EL_Horse)
    Did you watch the original series in sub or dub? I watched it in dub and i doubt i could i watch it sub now :/ Just means an even longer wait before i can watch it :'(
    Dubbed on TV, before I even knew it was made in Japan. :p: I was planning on checking it out for the nostalgia, though I doubt the switch from sub to dub would bother me.

ReputationRep:
    Dubbed on TV, before I even knew it was made in Japan. :p: I was planning on checking it out for the nostalgia, though I doubt the switch from sub to dub would bother me.
    The PV makes it look like its gonna be a huuuuuuge nostalgia fest imo

ReputationRep:
    Yahari Ore No Seishun (oregairu) is absolutely brilliant and everyone should watch it :cool:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis is getting a sequel!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-season/.87869

ReputationRep:
    Yes yes yes yes!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    omfg :cry2: This news is glorious. Favaro is bae.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by killa78)
    Yahari Ore No Seishun (oregairu) is absolutely brilliant and everyone should watch it :cool:
    It's a pretty decent read as well.

ReputationRep:
    I finished The Tatatami Galaxy yesterday, it was amazing. I'm not sure what to rate it, but I'm giving it a 9/10 for now,

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.