Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdwardElric)
    I finished The Tatatami Galaxy yesterday, it was amazing. I'm not sure what to rate it, but I'm giving it a 9/10 for now,
    Should be a 10 m8. Yuasa is GOAT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkhead)
    Should be a 10 m8. Yuasa is GOAT.
    I'm still trying to compose my thoughts, it really was unlike any anime I've seen before. I rarely give out 10s but I might make another exception. Heck, even Baccano got a 9, and I loved it.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I also finished the series a few days ago. Very unique and cleverly done. :yes:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Is anyone here watching Triage X, Etotama, Denpa Kyoushi, Kyoukai no Rinne and/or Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo, and if so, what do you think of any of them? (I'm particularly interested in Yamada-kun, since I haven't seen the first episode myself yet).

As usual I'm planning to drop a few series mid-season and (maybe) give a second chance to some of those I skipped, but nothing jumps out at me. :s: Falling back on Kaitou Joker and/or UtaPri is always an option, but if anyone can convince me any of the above shows are worth a look then I'll give them priority. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Is anyone here watching Triage X, Etotama, Denpa Kyoushi, Kyoukai no Rinne and/or Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo, and if so, what do you think of any of them? (I'm particularly interested in Yamada-kun, since I haven't seen the first episode myself yet).

As usual I'm planning to drop a few series mid-season and (maybe) give a second chance to some of those I skipped, but nothing jumps out at me. :s: Falling back on Kaitou Joker and/or UtaPri is always an option, but if anyone can convince me any of the above shows are worth a look then I'll give them priority. :yes:
    I actually like Yamada-kun so far, it's nothing amazing but it's a fairly enjoyable watch.

I dropped Denpa Kyoushi after episode 3, the story wasn't atrocious but it was still pretty boring at points. That combined with all round sloppy production and bad animation made me drop it. I wouldn't bother with it.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    I actually like Yamada-kun so far, it's nothing amazing but it's a fairly enjoyable watch.

I dropped Denpa Kyoushi after episode 3, the story wasn't atrocious but it was still pretty boring at points. That combined with all round sloppy production and bad animation made me drop it. I wouldn't bother with it.
    Cheers! I'll be sure to give Yamada-kun a look. :yes: Only skipped it because it aired so much later than everything else.

ReputationRep:
    Watched Death Note recently. My first anime experience.

L...

Any recommendations if I enjoyed DN?

ReputationRep:
    Cheers! I'll be sure to give Yamada-kun a look. :yes: Only skipped it because it aired so much later than everything else.
    Anything that you recommend I pick up?

I'm already watching Fate/SN UBW, Hibike, Nisekoi:, Ore Monogatari, Plastic Memories, Shokugeki no Souma and Yamada-kun.
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    (Original post by hockham jaynsaw)

L...

You started on a very high note, let me tell you .

Try and experience as many different genres as you can during your time in the anime-realm. I'd recommend moving towards Fate/Stay Night or Elfen Lied next to keep you in the realms of ''frickin' good'' . Though both Gosick and No Game No Life have the whole ''Oooh, let's use immense amounts of inconceivable logic to figure out this mystery'' that Death Note has :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)

Try and experience as many different genres as you can during your time in the anime-realm. I'd recommend moving towards Fate/Stay Night or Elfen Lied next to keep you in the realms of ''frickin' good'' . Though both Gosick and No Game No Life have the whole ''Oooh, let's use immense amounts of inconceivable logic to figure out this mystery'' that Death Note has :lol:
    Your deduction skills are quite impressive :holmes:
    :lol:

Thanks!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Anything that you recommend I pick up?

I'm already watching Fate/SN UBW, Hibike, Nisekoi:, Ore Monogatari, Plastic Memories, Shokugeki no Souma and Yamada-kun.
    Ignoring sequels, Arslan Senki has been the stand out series for me this season. The characters and their dialogue and interactions are great, and the animation is of a high standard for the most part (though unfortunately the first episode opens with some very dubious CGI, which doesn't make a very good first impression!)

Kekkai Sensen is also worth a look IMO, I'd say it probably has the best quality animation of anything this season, definitely the best soundtrack this season, and a fun cast. All the five episodes so far have been enjoyable, but last week's 5th episode was on another level.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader

L...

Seconding everything suggested by Nirgilis, and I'd also recommend Zetsuen no Tempest, Kaiji and Code Geass, which all feature intelligent characters in high stakes situations. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    That episode of Fate UBW...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    So Archer is Shirou? Didn't expect that. Although the signs were there from the start, I feel a bit stupid for not realising.

ReputationRep:
    That episode of Fate UBW...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    So Archer is Shirou? Didn't expect that. Although the signs were there from the start, I feel a bit stupid for not realising.
    I read that spoiler ages ago, when I was trying to find a photo of Gilgamesh for you to show you how similar he looks to Kise :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

A friend I didn't know even liked Anime (Exciting, eh?! :crazy:) just recommended Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, saying he thinks I'd like it. I wonder what your thoughts are on it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    I read that spoiler ages ago, when I was trying to find a photo of Gilgamesh for you to show you how similar he looks to Kise :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol sorry about that. I'm hyped for the rest of the series now, should be good.
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    A friend I didn't know even liked Anime (Exciting, eh?! :crazy:) just recommended Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, saying he thinks I'd like it. I wonder what your thoughts are on it!
    Again, it's very mainstream like FS/N or Elfen Lied that I recommended to you. However, it is internationally recognised, so I wouldn't say it's a bad idea to watch it

I haven't seen it myself (since I'm slightly hipster and avoid mainstream anime), but I'll quote in AJ for you :yep:

xx
    Anything to add?

ReputationRep:
    Again, it's very mainstream like FS/N or Elfen Lied that I recommended to you. However, it is internationally recognised, so I wouldn't say it's a bad idea to watch it

I haven't seen it myself (since I'm slightly hipster and avoid mainstream anime), but I'll quote in AJ for you :yep:

Anything to add?
    Thank you
    Big decisions ahead!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Of topic... but if it takes up the space required for a spoiler, I'm sure it's acceptable, right?

I can't believe that you've been around since 2010 and I don't know your name. Did you change it recently?
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    Thank you
    Big decisions ahead!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Of topic... but if it takes up the space required for a spoiler, I'm sure it's acceptable, right?

I can't believe that you've been around since 2010 and I don't know your name. Did you change it recently?
    Hehe, I changed my name in late 2011 . But I spent the years of 2010-2014 in the Study Help sections since that's my primary moderation area . I was extended over to Hobbies & Interests 2/3 months ago to cover a temporary absence in the team, so I'm getting to know the members under my wing in here now :yep:

You been around for long? . Your account says not so much :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, I changed my name in late 2011 . But I spent the years of 2010-2014 in the Study Help sections since that's my primary moderation area . I was extended over to Hobbies & Interests 2/3 months ago to cover a temporary absence in the team, so I'm getting to know the members under my wing in here now :yep:

You been around for long? . Your account says not so much :lol:
    Have you ever taken a personality test? http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test I'm absolutely sure you'll get INFJ. You have this vibe I only get when around INFJs. If not, I'll eat my hat... but it's so clear that you are :P

How are you handling the increased responsibility? Do you enjoy it? I can't imagine one good reason to be a mod. Name 3! :lol:

I was Occams Chainsaw in a previous life. You might have seen me around in Maths/Science sections of study help, depending on your area of expertise.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.