Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I put so little effort into my profile, and probably haven't updated it since the last time Cara changer her 'AMV of the month'. :giggle: Might try and do something about that. :p:

[EDIT] Aww, didn't take long for hockham jaynsaw to get banned! :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I put so little effort into my profile, and probably haven't updated it since the last time Cara changer her 'AMV of the month'. :giggle: Might try and do something about that. :p:

[EDIT] Aww, didn't take long for hockham jaynsaw to get banned! :zomg:
    "About me: I like anime"
    "Interests: Anime"

:lol:
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    What strange language has invaded our thread? :zomg: We do have a second thread specifically for off-topic chat, just so you know. :yes:
    Mod says it's okay :pierre: :lol:. Shame hockham got banned - I could learn so much from him . Unfortunately, it was an inevitability :sadnod:

(Original post by Ki Yung Na)
    I just had a look a Nirgillis' profile too, another cool profile.
    Why thank you . I was bored last summer and spent a long time reading internet comics . There used to be a TSR award for best profile, so there are some pretty decent ones around :yep: . Shame the award was stopped really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    Mod says it's okay :pierre: :lol:. Shame hockham got banned - I could learn so much from him . Unfortunately, it was an inevitability :sadnod:

Why thank you . I was bored last summer and spent a long time reading internet comics . There used to be a TSR award for best profile, so there are some pretty decent ones around :yep: . Shame the award was stopped really
    When I read this reply I couldn't help but put it with your display picture - so very fitting
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I'm just glad the thread was (briefly) active enough to justify linking to the off-topic thread again! Several years back it was essential to separate the chat from the anime posts, questions and recommendation requests, because they kept getting buried under spam. :p:

I miss the best thread award, back then we always had enough active members to ensure the Anime Society was among the nominations.

We're still in the Top 5 groups by member count on paper, though. :king5:

[EDIT] I also got a personal nomination for Best Sig in 2008 (wish I remember what it looked like at the time!), and Best Oldie in 2009 (what does that make me now!?). Failed miserably in the voting, however. :proud:

ReputationRep:
    I finished Kuroko no basket.Really liked it.Thinking of starting Slam Dunk.How good is Slam Dunk comparatively?

ReputationRep:

Why did he get banned? Was it because he was posting off topic? I hope it wasn't my fault. How long will he be banned for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economist2)
    I finished Kuroko no basket.Really liked it.Thinking of starting Slam Dunk.How good is Slam Dunk comparatively?
    Just in case you didn't know, Kuroko no Basket is still ongoing (the 3rd season is airing now every Saturday).

I haven't seen Slam Dunk but if you want something different I would recommend Haikyuu (volleyball). Just don't expect Kuroko style ridiculous powers:lol:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Just in case you didn't know, Kuroko no Basket is still ongoing (the 3rd season is airing now every Saturday).

I haven't seen Slam Dunk but if you want something different I would recommend Haikyuu (volleyball). Just don't expect Kuroko style ridiculous powers:lol:.
    I finished the manga.Could'nt wait haha. Think I'll watch the anime anyway.Anime version is actally better.Shoud've waited..
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    (Original post by LauraMayden1)
    Why did he get banned? Was it because he was posting off topic? I hope it wasn't my fault. How long will he be banned for?
    Haha! He wasn't banned for off-topic discussion :nah: . Don't worry, if we implemented that rule, about 99% of users would be banned, myself included! . I can't say much about his position, but he shouldn't have been posting in the main forums at all :nah:

I'm just glad the thread was (briefly) active enough to justify linking to the off-topic thread again! Several years back it was essential to separate the chat from the anime posts, questions and recommendation requests, because they kept getting buried under spam. :p:
    Ever thought it was time to consolidate the two? :ninja: . Let them both run their course then only set one up again in the future? Might stimulate more conversation having it all in one place than diluted over two threads :dontknow:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Ever thought it was time to consolidate the two? :ninja: . Let them both run their course then only set one up again in the future? Might stimulate more conversation having it all in one place than diluted over two threads :dontknow:
    Every time I try and let the chat thread die, an inactive oldie resurrects it. :p: I never really thought about asking for it to be locked or merged, since it isn't doing any harm, just a relic of our former glory days. :moon: I've been allowing off-topic chat in this one for years, though it's never gone on as long or in as much depth as that personality test discussion! :zomg:

This thread is likely to end first, but if we were to make the current 'chat' thread the new 'all-purpose' thread when it ends, I'd want the 'chat' part removed from the title at least. :beard: Possibly control over or edits done to the first post as well, to include the spoiler/illegal links warning from this one (though how many people actually read that, I've no idea). In all likelihood an all new thread would be easier and less confusing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economist2)
    I finished the manga.Could'nt wait haha. Think I'll watch the anime anyway.Anime version is actally better.Shoud've waited..
    You should still watch it. I've read the manga but the anime is still great, it's about 8 episodes from finishing.

ReputationRep:
    Haha! He wasn't banned for off-topic discussion :nah: . Don't worry, if we implemented that rule, about 99% of users would be banned, myself included! . I can't say much about his position, but he shouldn't have been posting in the main forums at all :nah:

Ok I thought so. What did he do that was so bad that he wasn't supposed to post on the main forums?

I know you said you can't say much about his position but there's no harm in trying lol.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you think it quietened down?

Personally, I use Reddit for episode discussion and such. Usually just post here pre/mid/end season.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by xDave-)
    Why do you think it quietened down?

Personally, I use Reddit for episode discussion and such. Usually just post here pre/mid/end season.
    A lot of the core members who were active at the time seemed to drift away, due to changes in their circumstances (i.e. they got lives, I didn't :proud: ). Just found one of the old chat threads, a quick look at who posted shows how few of them are active now.

As for why so few new members post, or stick around, I haven't a clue. I lose track of how many new members I've accepted this week alone, easily in the double figures (and I send out 'welcome PMs' with a link to this thread, so it's not that they haven't found it). But most of the new people who actually post are completely different to the ones who join via the groups page. :s:

ReputationRep:
    A lot of the core members who were active at the time seemed to drift away, due to changes in their circumstances (i.e. they got lives, I didn't :proud: ). Just found one of the old chat threads, a quick look at who posted shows how few of them are active now.

As for why so few new members post, or stick around, I haven't a clue. I lose track of how many new members I've accepted this week alone, easily in the double figures (and I send out 'welcome PMs' with a link to this thread, so it's not that they haven't found it). But most of the new people who actually post are completely different to the ones who join via the groups page. :s:
    Its interesting you should post about new members not hanging around. I'm a usergroup mod and we get the exact same thing (albeit we're nowhere near as popular, large or active as anime) in that people join then never return. Actually to be fair that's what I did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    Its interesting you should post about new members not hanging around. I'm a usergroup mod and we get the exact same thing (albeit we're nowhere near as popular, large or active as anime) in that people join then never return. Actually to be fair that's what I did
    I think that's a trend on the site as a whole now. You always see new members pop up and disappear quickly. Although I barely post outside of the Year 13 thread so I don't really know that many people on here.

ReputationRep:
    I finished Lucky Star yesterday, one of the most enjoyable anime I've ever seen. Just a lot of fun overall. Might start Trigun next, I've heard good things about it

ReputationRep:
    I haven't posted in a while because of exams

But has anyone seen Hunter x Hunter? I finished it some time ago and man is it brilliant! So much fun!

Also watched Neon Genesis Evangelion which was crazy. So weird.

Cowboy Bebop was really fantastic! And the movie is insane.

Finished Shinsekai Yori which was really good, especially the ending.

Finally got around to finishing death parade, another good series.

Another was also a fun series, not as good as some of the others I've listed, but still pretty decent.

So.... Yeah..... I saw quite a lot of stuff since this last time I posted(which was a long time ago).
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    (Original post by EdwardElric)
    I finished Lucky Star yesterday, one of the most enjoyable anime I've ever seen. Just a lot of fun overall.
    :five: . THE SINGLE GREATEST BIT OF ARTWORK EVER CREATED! :woo:

Lucky Star definitely goes on my 'obsession' list :lol:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.