Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    :five: . THE SINGLE GREATEST BIT OF ARTWORK EVER CREATED! :woo:

Lucky Star definitely goes on my 'obsession' list :lol:
    I don't feel guilty at all giving it a 10/10. Loved every minute of it. Kagami was my favourite character, she's so funny and cute. I'm just sad it's over

I watched the OVA as well, loved the bit with Akira's VA at the end. 'Lucky chaneruuuuu'
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Omar717)
    I haven't posted in a while because of exams

But has anyone seen Hunter x Hunter? I finished it some time ago and man is it brilliant! So much fun!

Also watched Neon Genesis Evangelion which was crazy. So weird.

Cowboy Bebop was really fantastic! And the movie is insane.

Finished Shinsekai Yori which was really good, especially the ending.

Finally got around to finishing death parade, another good series.

Another was also a fun series, not as good as some of the others I've listed, but still pretty decent.

So.... Yeah..... I saw quite a lot of stuff since this last time I posted(which was a long time ago).
    A great list, and I share your thoughts on everything you mentioned. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    A great list, and I share your thoughts on everything you mentioned. :yes:
    I've also started watching Shiki right now, and it looks like a really interesting series! Love the setup so far in the first few episodes.

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, does anyone know if there is going to be a second season of hxh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omar717)
    I've also started watching Shiki right now, and it looks like a really interesting series! Love the setup so far in the first few episodes.
    I adore Shiki! Absolutely amazing series.

(Original post by corpeal)
    Just wondering, does anyone know if there is going to be a second season of hxh?
    Unlikely any time soon. The 2011 anime series basically took us right up to date with the currently available manga - which is unfortunately on indefinite hiatus yet again. Togashi did start a new arc but only managed to get a couple of chapters out before becoming unwell again. Will take an age to build up enough material to justify another anime.......might get OVA's eventually if we're lucky. :moon:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Doubtful, to be honest. The 2011 series covered all the manga material right up to the Dark Continent Expedition arc, which has been stalled on 10 chapters due to the manga-ka's continued ill health. :s: There's simply not enough there to make another series, and no way of knowing if/when the manga will resume regular serialisation.

[EDIT] Oh, hi Cara :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    Ah.. That's unfortunate, I don't read mangas so I didn't know that it had caught up close to the manga. What are the best animes people have seen? I've yet to see one better than code geass
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    What are the best animes people have seen? I've yet to see one better than code geass
    I have a Top 50 list, which includes Code Geass. :yes: Baccano! is currently my number 1 favourite, though.

ReputationRep:
    Code Geass is one of my favs!

I usually tend to have difficulty in narrowing down an exact no.1, and I have a lot of anime still to see so my favourites will most likely change in the future.

ReputationRep:
    I have a Top 50 list, which includes Code Geass. :yes: Baccano! is currently my number 1 favourite, though.
    Ooh, thanks (:

ReputationRep:
    :wavey: Hi AJ :giggle:

I also have a Top 50, Fullmetal Alchemist is currently my no.1, but Geass is in my top 10 (just finished a rewatch last week - still fecking awesome). Think my top 50 is due another revamp at some stage this year.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by EdwardElric)
    I don't feel guilty at all giving it a 10/10. Loved every minute of it. Kagami was my favourite character, she's so funny and cute. I'm just sad it's over

I watched the OVA as well, loved the bit with Akira's VA at the end. 'Lucky chaneruuuuu'
    :rave:

Pretty much writing my dissertation with that on repeat :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    :rave:

Pretty much writing my dissertation with that on repeat :lol:
    Won't let me rep you again
    Awesome opening though, it definitely ranks among my favourites.

ReputationRep:
    I need a fun show that's easy to binge watch. Any genre is fine but preferably not romance. Comedy is a bonus but not necessary.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    I need a fun show that's easy to binge watch. Any genre is fine but preferably not romance. Comedy is a bonus but not necessary.
    I can't remember what you've watched or what I've recommended you before, so apologies in advance if you've already seen these!

Moyashimon - Entertaining, and educational too!

Nichijou - Because I can't leave this out of any list where comedy is a bonus.

Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis - The characters make this show.

Cuticle Tantei Inaba - Underrated. I liked it, anyway. :p:

Maria+Holic - Absolutely no romance here, despite the protagonist's best efforts. :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    Code Geass was good, but didn't it seem as though it was longer than necessary?

With his powers, he could've done it in 4 episodes lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    I binged on the Toaru series (4 seasons) which was pretty enjoyable - not too stressful, has it's moments and decent plot/characters.

Or if you're into action stuff, the first season of Darker than Black is a good watch!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by killa78)
    Code Geass was good, but didn't it seem as though it was longer than necessary?

With his powers, he could've done it in 4 episodes lol
    I'm not sure he could have overthrown an entire empire that easily, but if he could, it wouldn't have been a very fun series. :p: I'm happy with its length, though IMO it could have done without some of the crazier developments in the second series, hence why that isn't in my list.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure he could have overthrown an entire empire that easily, but if he could, it wouldn't have been a very fun series. :p: I'm happy with its length, though IMO it could have done without some of the crazier developments in the second series, hence why that isn't in my list.
    Yeah, I agree. The second season did feel more convoluted with the added (and somewhat unnecessary) plot elements, as well as some of the battles feeling contrived in how Lelouch won each time. Despite the amazing ending, I'd probably rate the second season below the first.

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember what you've watched or what I've recommended you before, so apologies in advance if you've already seen these!

Moyashimon - Entertaining, and educational too!

Nichijou - Because I can't leave this out of any list where comedy is a bonus.

Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis - The characters make this show.

Cuticle Tantei Inaba - Underrated. I liked it, anyway. :p:

Maria+Holic - Absolutely no romance here, despite the protagonist's best efforts. :giggle:
    I watched the first few episodes of Nichijou a while back and it was very funny so I'll pick that back up then.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.