Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraniel)
    :wavey: Hi AJ :giggle:

I also have a Top 50, Fullmetal Alchemist is currently my no.1, but Geass is in my top 10 (just finished a rewatch last week - still fecking awesome). Think my top 50 is due another revamp at some stage this year.
    Nice list, I like how you added some notes about each show. Fullmetal Alchemist is my number one too, although I haven't seen nearly enough shows for a top 50. I'd like to compile a similar list when I've seen enough anime to do so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdwardElric)
    Nice list, I like how you added some notes about each show. Fullmetal Alchemist is my number one too, although I haven't seen nearly enough shows for a top 50. I'd like to compile a similar list when I've seen enough anime to do so.
    Thanks! I complied that list primarily because visitors to my blog repeatedly asked for a top whatever list. It's a handy thing to have since it allows people to get an idea of my taste in anime (which is absolutely flawless!), so adding a brief rundown of why I liked a show helps a lot.

I've watched so much anime it was ridiculously difficult to even narrow things down to 50, but I flat refuse to expand to a top 100 because that would be hell to keep updated! (Keep meaning to do a list for movies/OVAs but lack the motivation/energy to do so).

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I complied that list primarily because visitors to my blog repeatedly asked for a top whatever list. It's a handy thing to have since it allows people to get an idea of my taste in anime (which is absolutely flawless!), so adding a brief rundown of why I liked a show helps a lot.

I've watched so much anime it was ridiculously difficult to even narrow things down to 50, but I flat refuse to expand to a top 100 because that would be hell to keep updated! (Keep meaning to do a list for movies/OVAs but lack the motivation/energy to do so).
    I would be interested in a list for movies so please post it here if you do ever get around to making it.

I've only seen about 15 of the series in your list but I agree with most of what you said about them, especially Gintama. I personally think Second Season is the best part of Monogatari though.

Have you seen Nana? If yes, what are your opinions on the show? (Anyone else feel free to answer)
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    I've now seen 6 episodes of Fate/Zer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keromedic)
    I've now seen 6 episodes of Fate/Zer.
    Enjoying it?

ReputationRep:

Glad to see you put Bebop so high up in the list. One of the few shows that really lived up to the hype and managed to make every episode interesting. A truly outstanding anime.

A lot of titles in your list are on my to watch list. I'm especially interested in Eureka Seven and Escaflowne, since I love a good mecha but the Gundam series is a little too daunting for me right now given the huge list of titles. I also need to check out End of Evangelion soon.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    Enjoying it?
    Yea. Though I need a bit of a break . That creepy murdery guy -_-.

ReputationRep:
    Yea. Though I need a bit of a break . That creepy murdery guy -_-.
    It's 2 seasons in case you didn't know.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    It's 2 seasons in case you didn't know.
    I'm now watching nisekoi fandubbed while I clean.

ReputationRep:
    All about NARUTO ,ONE PIECE, DEATH NOTE AND HAJIME NO IPPO !!

ReputationRep:
    I'm now watching nisekoi fandubbed while I clean.
    Just don't expect any plot progression from it:lol:.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    Just don't expect any plot progression from it:lol:.
    Isn't it gonna be a love story between him and the blond chick or whoever gave him the necklace?

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it gonna be a love story between him and the blond chick or whoever gave him the necklace?
    Nah it just ends up as a harem comedy. If it's romance you want then look elsewhere.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    Nah it just ends up as a harem comedy. If it's romance you want then look elsewhere.
    So there's no ending :nothing:

His brown haired chick is his childhood friend so I assumed he'd go out with the blond chick for awhile then realise who the brown haired chick is and end up with her.

ReputationRep:
    So there's no ending :nothing:

His brown haired chick is his childhood friend so I assumed he'd go out with the blond chick for awhile then realise who the brown haired chick is and end up with her.
    Yeah there's no ending, the manga is still going on much further than the anime.

Like I said, if you want romantic progression or an actual plot then you're much better off watching something else.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    Yeah there's no ending, the manga is still going on much further than the anime.

Like I said, if you want romantic progression or an actual plot then you're much better off watching something else.
    There are two romance animes that I'd like to watch.

In one of them, he goes out with everyone in the school and the girls all find out and kill him.

In the other, I believe in the finale the main char's ex decapitates him and his gf kills her and rips out her organs then takes his head with her into the sunset or something.

Friends have mentioned the anime to me.

ReputationRep:
    I have never seen this thread before. I am pretty interested tbh and currently I have started JoJo's bizarre adventure and watching fate stay night unlimited blade works season 2. I have watched some great anime in the form of:
    Gurren Lagann
    Danganronpa
    Cowboy bebop
    Fairytail
    Baccano
    Deathnote
    Naruto (unfortunately)
    DBZ
    Soul eater
    Fate zero
    FMAB
    Code geass
    Madoka magica (surprisingly manly)

Cant think of more. So yeah thats me anime wise

ReputationRep:

In one of them, he goes out with everyone in the school and the girls all find out and kill him.

In the other, I believe in the finale. The main char's ex decapitates him and his gf kills her and rips out her organs then takes his head with her into the sunset or something.

3edgy5me:lol:. You might like School Days.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah kill la kill too

ReputationRep:
    I would be interested in a list for movies so please post it here if you do ever get around to making it.

I've only seen about 15 of the series in your list but I agree with most of what you said about them, especially Gintama. I personally think Second Season is the best part of Monogatari though.

Have you seen Nana? If yes, what are your opinions on the show? (Anyone else feel free to answer)
    I really should make the movies list my next project....maybe after I get the Summer preview done.

Gintama is awesome - so impressive how it can keep being so fun even after so many episodes. Second Season of the Monogatari series has excellent character development, but I think I still prefer Bakemonogatari over all.

Yes I've seen NANA - stunning shoujo series. It's sitting down in the 50s-60s for me, simply because of the frustrating ending. Still highly recommended though.

(Original post by EdwardElric)
    Glad to see you put Bebop so high up in the list. One of the few shows that really lived up to the hype and managed to make every episode interesting. A truly outstanding anime.

A lot of titles in your list are on my to watch list. I'm especially interested in Eureka Seven and Escaflowne, since I love a good mecha but the Gundam series is a little too daunting for me right now given the huge list of titles. I also need to check out End of Evangelion soon.
    I actually put off watching Cowboy Bebop for years because I was sure it wouldn't live up to the hype (same with Samurai Champloo), but it definitely is regarded as an anime classic for very good reasons.

I'd definitely recommend Eureka Seven - it looks beautiful and the central love story is really engaging. I'm due a rewatch of that. Escaflowne is also heavy on the romance aspect - my love for that series is heavily steeped in nostalgia (it was one of my gateway shows). I'd also heartily recommend RahXephon if you liked Evangelion.

In the other, I believe in the finale the main char's ex decapitates him and his gf kills her and rips out her organs then takes his head with her into the sunset or something.

That's definitely School Days. A show I haven't actually watched, but still know more than I really wanted to know about.

(Original post by hamza_ahmad)
    I have never seen this thread before. I am pretty interested tbh and currently I have started JoJo's bizarre adventure and watching fate stay night unlimited blade works season 2. I have watched some great anime in the form of:
    Gurren Lagann
    Danganronpa
    Cowboy bebop
    Fairytail
    Baccano
    Deathnote
    Naruto (unfortunately)
    DBZ
    Soul eater
    Fate zero
    FMAB
    Code geass
    Madoka magica (surprisingly manly)

Cant think of more. So yeah thats me anime wise
    That's a pretty cool list - take it you're a fan of shounen action shows!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.