Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys know normal cost of making manga?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkhead)
    Sort of? lol they are both textbook tsunderes.
    I had to look that term up (the etymology of that word is wonderful),

I have no idea why I never saw/figured out that character archetype before. I feel stupid, like how Serial Experiments Lain makes me feel.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    The new Utawarerumono game is already getting an anime, slated for the Autumn season. I'll definitely be checking that out.

On the subject of anime seasons, I'm hoping to set aside a day and put together the usual preview thread in the coming week. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Summer season looks pretty depressing this year, Durarara is the only one that really has my interest

ReputationRep:
    Watched Attack on Titan (AWESOME), Death Note (AWESOME), Code Geass (not as awesome but still good) and Future Diary (good enough).

Any recommendations? For after the exam season of course.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by EdwardElric)
    Summer season looks pretty depressing this year, Durarara is the only one that really has my interest
    It's looking amazing to me! :zomg: I've not looked into every series in detail, but in addition to the sequels for Durarara!!, Gatchaman Crowds and Symphogear (possibly Non Non Biyori as well), I'm interested in Rokka no Yuusha, Gakkou Gurashi!, and am hoping the minds behind the characters for Chaos Dragon will make that worth a watch.

...maybe Makura no Danshi, too. :p:

(Original post by NikolaT)
    Watched Attack on Titan (AWESOME), Death Note (AWESOME), Code Geass (not as awesome but still good) and Future Diary (good enough).

Any recommendations? For after the exam season of course.
    I'd suggest any of the following:

Sidonia no Kishi

Claymore

Baccano!

Fate/Zero

Steins;Gate

Hope there's something there that's of interest to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    It's looking amazing to me! :zomg: I've not looked into every series in detail, but in addition to the sequels for Durarara!!, Gatchaman Crowds and Symphogear (maybe Non Non Biyori too), I'm interested in Rokka no Yuusha, Gakkou Gurashi!, and am hoping the minds behind the characters for Chaos Dragon will make that worth a watch as well.

Sidonia no Kishi

Claymore

Baccano!

Fate/Zero

Steins;Gate

Rokka no Yuusha does look pretty interesting. You not a fan of Working then?

ReputationRep:

Sidonia no Kishi

Claymore

Baccano!

Fate/Zero

Steins;Gate

Cheers!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Rokka no Yuusha does look pretty interesting. You not a fan of Working then?
    I didn't watch the first series, decided back when it was airing that my time would be better spent on series like Senkou no Night Raid and Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan... I don't always get it right. :yucky: It is on my list of popular series to try and watch this year, but marathoning two series in a month to pick up the third as it airs isn't a priority. :nah:

ReputationRep:
    I didn't watch the first series, decided back when it was airing that my time would be better spent on series like Senkou no Night Raid and Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan... I don't always get it right. :yucky: It is on my list of popular series to try and watch this year, but marathoning two series in a month to pick up the third as it airs isn't a priority. :nah:
    I'm going to have tons of time this summer so I'll probably pick up loads next season. I might marathon Gatchaman Crowds and Non Non Biyori so I can watch them. Ufotable doing God Eater looks fairly interesting.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I'm going to have tons of time this summer so I'll probably pick up loads next season. I might marathon Gatchaman Crowds and Non Non Biyori so I can watch them. Ufotable doing God Eater looks fairly interesting.
    I don't know anything about the game God Eater is based on, but I agree that any action series from Ufotable is worth a look. I just hope the pacing is better than in their current one. :p:

ReputationRep:
    It's looking amazing to me! :zomg: I've not looked into every series in detail, but in addition to the sequels for Durarara!!, Gatchaman Crowds and Symphogear (possibly Non Non Biyori as well), I'm interested in Rokka no Yuusha, Gakkou Gurashi!, and am hoping the minds behind the characters for Chaos Dragon will make that worth a watch.

Gakkou looks promising, not sure about Rokka no Yuusha but it's impossible to judge at this point.
    Charlotte looks like it has potential, God Eater as well (that ufotable goodness). Gangsta looks interesting, as does Overlord (Madhouse ftw). I haven't seen much Dragon Ball at all but I might just randomnly pick up DBS for fun (although I'd like to start Kai sometime soon).

I'm only watching 2 shows this season but hopefully I'll have time for more in the summer when I've finished some of the longer shows I'm watching like Gintama and HxH (the latter I'm enjoying more now).

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone read the recent chapter of naruto gaiden? Or fairy tail?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    The main reason Chaos Dragon stands out for me is that it's based on tabletop RPG games played between Narita Ryohgo (Durarara!! and Baccano! author), Nasu Kinoko (Fate/Stay Night and Kara no Kyoukai creator), Urobuchi Gen (Fate/Zero and Madoka Magica writer), and two other people whose works I'm unfamiliar with but who are probably awesome. :p: The hit-and-miss studio and first-time director have dampened my enthusiasm a little, but it's these characters and their interactions I'm really looking forward to seeing.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...reators/.86142

ReputationRep:
    What do you think on this manga cost?
    WritingScript $25 USD/per pg
    Translations $0.25 USD/per word
    Design
    Rough Sketch $50 USD/per pg
    Character design $200 USD/per
    characterBackground $200 USD/per pg
    Production
    Layout $25 USD/per pg
    Draft $75 USD/per pg
    Clean copy (B&W only) $100 USD/per pg
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by shazam1994)
    What do you think on this manga cost?
    WritingScript $25 USD/per pg
    Translations $0.25 USD/per word
    Design
    Rough Sketch $50 USD/per pg
    Character design $200 USD/per
    characterBackground $200 USD/per pg
    Production
    Layout $25 USD/per pg
    Draft $75 USD/per pg
    Clean copy (B&W only) $100 USD/per pg
    Sorry for not replying to your initial post asking the question, but I haven't a clue about the financial side of manga production (even without trying to convert dollars to yen/pounds in my head), so I couldn't say whether those prices are reasonable or not. :dontknow:

This is the only article I was able to find on the subject after a Google search, but bear in mind it's about 8 years old:

http://comipress.com/article/2007/01/20/1362
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Another update from me...

I still haven't found the opportunity to catch up with Arslan Senki or Kekkai Sensen, but I'm hoping to rectify that today at some point. Similarly, I need to play catch up on Mikagura School Suite, Nisekoi 2 and Gunslinger Stratos. I'm also stalling One Piece for a bit in order to watch back to back episodes in the near future.

Seraph of the End has definitely improved and I'm looking forward to watching the next episode now that a certain two characters have met again.

I'm continuing to enjoy everything else I'm watching in the sense that I'm anticipating the next episode every week.

I think my favourite episode this week is from OreGairu. The depth and development of its characters is arguably unrivalled. It's quite deceptive in that regard.

ReputationRep:
    Finally seriously back into anime

Just finished watching Wolf Children, noticed it on AP, and decided to take a look at it, absolutely amazing!! First to bring a small tear anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Binary Freak)
    Finally seriously back into anime

Just finished watching Wolf Children, noticed it on AP, and decided to take a look at it, absolutely amazing!! First to bring a small tear anyway
    Wolf Children is fantastic. You should check out Hosoda Mamoru's other movies Summer Wars and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. He also has a new movie coming out this year called The Boy and the Beast.

ReputationRep:
    Wolf Children is fantastic. You should check out Hosoda Mamoru's other movies Summer Wars and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. He also has a new movie coming out this year called The Boy and the Beast.
    Yeah I'll probably watch it again when I wake up.. Also will note them down and check them out when I wake up as well

Thanks for the suggestions

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.