Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraniel)
    Ooh those two are my favourite Shinaki movies.

For more of the same bittersweet romance I'd say have a look at The Place Promised in Our Early Days or Voices of a Distant Star - they're older so not just as pretty, but still lovely movies. If you want something a bit different Children Who Chase Lost Voices has much more of an adventure theme but retains some of the romantic notions and is just generally gorgeous to look at,
    Cheers! I'll try out Voices of a Distant Star.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else here seen When Marnie Was There? I watched it a few days ago, and it absolutely blew me away. Probably my favourite Ghibli film so far, I loved every minute of it. If it's their last film they really went out on a high note.

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I just started watching Nichijou, really cute and funny
    After watching Monster I felt like watching something more light-hearted
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    A little while back I posted about the LGBT tag changes happening with Anime-Planet's series and character databases. I'm not sure how active their forums usually are, but in over a week I was literally the only person to suggest any character tags. :zomg: I eventually managed to get a few friends from Aberystwyth uni involved, and a few others are now starting to contribute, but it seems I left an impression with the site owner sothis - she's now leaving manga series titles in my profile for me to read through and suggest tags for afterwards. Nice to feel that my manga reading is actually being of use to someone! :p:

The first ones I'm checking out are Harem Lodge (read the first volume earlier, quite fun!) and Captive Hearts (which I'm now buying, as it's available on Kindle in the UK).

(Original post by Omar717)
    From one great series to another! Nichijou is easily my favourite comedy anime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omar717)
    I watched nichjiou a while ago and loved it . I am a large fan of the weird/ what the **** comedy haha

I am currently waiting on the next persona 3 movie myself. Been loving it so far seeing one of my favorite games turned into a decent sets of movies.

ReputationRep:
    I was recommended this short anime film by someone on twitter, it's only about 25 minutes long but it really is worth a watch if you have a spare half an hour on your hands.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmrloAtHkqg

ReputationRep:
    Love Live! The School Idol Movie was released in Japan yesterday, so incredibly jealous. ;_;

ReputationRep:
    Just finished Tokyo Ghoul Root A and was thoroughly disappointed. Horrified at how much they managed to get wrong. The lighting, sound, dialogue, and last but not least the nonsensical plot (so bad I needed to start taking notes as to what was going on). Honestly, one of the worst cash-ins I have ever seen.

A real shame. I loved Tokyo Ghoul, and was hoping for a worthy successor. I just hope that we get a worthy adaptation of :re

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starlight15)
    Oh yeah that was so stupid Sasuke *hits him in the head* but Sarada is not Sakura'a daughter maybe Sasuke cheated on Sakura. Sasuke is such a sl*t
    No no no!!! Don't call Sasuke a slut I have faith in Sasuke. I've seen a theory which suggested that Sakura was unable to have children (maybe due to her fight with Sasori?) and so Karin was a surrogate for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fango_Jett)
    Just finished Tokyo Ghoul Root A and was thoroughly disappointed. Horrified at how much they managed to get wrong. The lighting, sound, dialogue, and last but not least the nonsensical plot (so bad I needed to start taking notes as to what was going on). Honestly, one of the worst cash-ins I have ever seen.

A real shame. I loved Tokyo Ghoul, and was hoping for a worthy successor. I just hope that we get a worthy adaptation of :re
    Yeah it was utter crap. And I hope they don't touch :re as they will just butcher that as well. Wouldn't really make any sense after Root A anyway.

Ideally, Pierrot will never touch the series again and also go bankrupt. They are making an OVA of TG Jack though, so they are still on the series somewhat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDave-)
    Yeah it was utter crap. And I hope they don't touch :re as they will just butcher that as well. Wouldn't really make any sense after Root A anyway.

Ideally, Pierrot will never touch the series again and also go bankrupt. They are making an OVA of TG Jack though, so they are still on the series somewhat.
    I'm more than a little convinced it was a grotesque combination of both a limited budget and terrible story telling. It did its job unfortunately and got people to read the manga.

Yeah, I really do hope Pierrot never touches it again.

Hopefully they go the FMA:B, wait a few years for the story to be complete and then Bones to do it via a complete reboot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13eyond13ithday)
    No no no!!! Don't call Sasuke a slut I have faith in Sasuke. I've seen a theory which suggested that Sakura was unable to have children (maybe due to her fight with Sasori?) and so Karin was a surrogate for them.
    Nah, don't worry I love Sasuke. Really what an interesting theory!
    what are your predictions for the next chapter?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Just a reminder, could you keep spoilers/potential spoilers tagged, please? Admittedly, I don't know how much of the Naruto discussion (if any) actually counts as spoilers, since I don't follow the series, so feel free to continue as before if I'm being over-cautious. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Just a reminder, could you keep spoilers/potential spoilers tagged, please? Admittedly, I don't know how much of the Naruto discussion (if any) actually counts as spoilers, since I don't follow the series, so feel free to continue as before if I'm being over-cautious. :p:
    But I don't know how to use the spoiler tag...

ReputationRep:
    Nah, don't worry I love Sasuke. Really what an interesting theory!
    what are your predictions for the next chapter?
    I'm not really sure about what could happen next chapter to be honest, this series just keeps on surprising me XD
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Although I do think that they'll finish talking with Orochimaru and leave his hideout. I bet Sakura would've finished, or at least started, the operation on Shin. If they don't keep talking about genetics that is -_-

Sarada's probably gonna freak out at Sasuke though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13eyond13ithday)
    I'm not really sure about what could happen next chapter to be honest, this series just keeps on surprising me XD
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Although I do think that they'll finish talking with Orochimaru and leave his hideout. I bet Sakura would've finished, or at least started, the operation on Shin. If they don't keep talking about genetics that is -_-

Sarada's probably gonna freak out at Sasuke though
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ikr the chapter was all about biology and the tension especially the part where it says match . Imagine Sarada's reaction when she meet Sakura it would be so awkward and when she meet Karin she'll hug her. It's nice to see suigetsu again he's so funny and Chocho is so cute idk why everyone hates her :/ (I want Sakura to adopt shin!)
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    But I don't know how to use the spoiler tag...
    Type [spoiler]*your text here*[/spoiler], or click the spoiler block button (the face with the X mouth) on the text box.

[EDIT] Never mind, seems like you've got it. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ikr the chapter was all about biology. Imagine Sarada's reaction when she meet Sakura it would be so awkward and when she meet Karin she'll hug her. It's nice to see suigetsu again he's so funny and Chocho is so cute idk why everyone hates her :/ (I want Sakura to adopt shin!)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    There already seemed to be tension between Sarada and Sakura before this revelation, I'm sure it's gonna get even worse now. I agree about seeing Suigetsu again, I've always found him to be amusing and I gotta agree about Chouchou; she kinda diffuses the tension with humour which is nice to see.

Sakura adopting Shin though? That'd be so weird, I mean there's so many Shins! Which one would she even adopt??

ReputationRep:
    Where is the chat thread these days?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Where is the chat thread these days?
    :confused: It was there last time I looked. How long have I been sending new members welcome emails with a broken link for? :facepalm:

(Original post by Nirgilis)
    I fancy a chat :pierre: . What's been going on in your life recently? :pierre:

Also, given more thought to the whole chat-thread-on-topic-thread business. I'll type out a response when I can be bothered :lol:
    Anything to do with you? :p: I never did get that response!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.