Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    :confused: It was there last time I looked.
    The latest one I went to was the one in my signature and I'm sure it's no where near finished yet.

I open that link and get...

Keoje, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

I have been a naughty boy
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Keoje)
    The latest one I went to was the one in my signature and I'm sure it's no where near finished yet.

I open that link and get...

Keoje, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

I have been a naughty boy
    No new ones have been opened, and I'm getting the same message when I use the links from my welcome PMs/rep list. There was some talk from Nirgilis (entertainment mod) about possibly closing or merging it, since it wasn't really that active, but that was a while back, and I heard nothing definite.

ReputationRep:
    No new ones have been opened, and I'm getting the same message when I use the links from my welcome emails/rep list. There was some talk from Nirgilis (entertainment mod) about possibly closing or merging it, since it wasn't really that active, but that was a while back, and I heard nothing definite.
    If you look on the anime soc page it says the thread is in the recycle bin so I am guessing it's been deleted sadly. I was confused where it was gone.

Just when I was going to post in there about my massive fangasm/ flip the table reaction to the Final Fantasy 7 remake being announced :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13eyond13ithday)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    There already seemed to be tension between Sarada and Sakura before this revelation, I'm sure it's gonna get even worse now. I agree about seeing Suigetsu again, I've always found him to be amusing and I gotta agree about Chouchou; she kinda diffuses the tension with humour which is nice to see.

Sakura adopting Shin though? That'd be so weird, I mean there's so many Shins! Which one would she even adopt??
    Spoiler:
    Show
    She can adopt all of them!
    Attached Images

• Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    :confused: It was there last time I looked. How long have I been sending new members welcome emails with a broken link for? :facepalm:

Anything to do with you? :p: I never did get that response!
    Hehe, sorry . My life immediately took a turn for the busy after I submitted that

But I managed to get a 10,000 word project report submitted, presented my project to a group of academics and then defended my report in a viva... So now Im officially done with undergraduate work

I gotta wrap some final admin stuff up today, but then I have 3-4 weeks of doing nothing from tomorrow before results and graduation . Perfect to sort my TSR life out

How's life continuing with you?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    Hehe, sorry . My life immediately took a turn for the busy after I submitted that

But I managed to get a 10,000 word project report submitted, presented my project to a group of academics and then defended my report in a viva... So now Im officially done with undergraduate work

I gotta wrap some final admin stuff up today, but then I have 3-4 weeks of doing nothing from tomorrow before results and graduation . Perfect to sort my TSR life out

How's life continuing with you?
    Congrats on finishing your undergraduate work! It feels like a long time since I did mine, these days. :moon:

My life offline remains fairly dull and monotonous, though I've been keeping myself busy online with the new anime season preview thread on here and the LGBT tagging project over on A-P's forums. :yes:

Sorry to ask a second time, but do you know what's going on with our chat thread? Apparently it's in the recycle bin. It's a bit awkward being the society leader (in name, at least) but not being able to give an answer when people ask what happened to it. :s:

[EDIT] Meh, I'll make a thread in AAM/ATCT or whatever it's called these days, best do this the official way.

[EDIT2] Thread back, somebody deleted it by accident. :hmmmm2:

ReputationRep:
    my friend told me to watch jojo and I did mainly because of 'stardust cruisers' thought it would be about space and spaceships and stuff :'(

don't know if i wanna continue tbh
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by K.C)
    my friend told me to watch jojo and I did mainly because of 'stardust cruisers' thought it would be about space and spaceships and stuff :'(

don't know if i wanna continue tbh
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventures has a lot of good (and weird) things going on in it, but so far at least, the battles have all taken place on Earth. :p:

Just in case you're looking for another series with a definite sci-fi setting, I'd recommend any of the following:

Knights of Sidonia

Macross Frontier

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED

Outlaw Star

Crest of the Stars

ReputationRep:
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventures has a lot of good (and weird) things going on in it, but so far at least, the battles have all taken place on Earth. :p:

Just in case you're looking for another series with a definite sci-fi setting, I'd recommend any of the following:

Knights of Sidonia

Macross Frontier

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED

Outlaw Star

Crest of the Stars
    ya I'll probs check out Outlaw Star, not a huge fan of CGI in anime

thanks!

ReputationRep:
    oh ho

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    It's the beginning of the end of the spring anime season for me - just watched the final episodes of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders and Ansatsu Kyoushítsu, both of which were very good!

Unrelated to the new season, but I'm also one episode away from finishing Witch Hunter Robin. I'm not usually a fan of episodic, 'monster of the week' series, but something about the characters and atmosphere of this one kept me interested, and the fact that it developed a running plot later on was a bonus. Looking forward to seeing how that ends!

(Original post by xDave-)
    oh ho

It'll be 8 for me in August, and 10 years as an overall anime fan in a few weeks.

...I'm starting to feel old. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Recently started Nana, Bakuman and Baccano. All are going pretty strong so far. Watched Death Parade this week too, I enjoyed it a lot.

I've got a small backlog of shows I've started but not finished, anyone fancy convincing me to finish any of them? I like them all so far so I will eventually get around to all of them but I need to prioritise.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Chihayafuru
    Diamond no Ace
    Hanasaku Iroha
    Kill la Kill
    Monster
    Natsume Yuujinchou
    Nichijou
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Recently started Nana, Bakuman and Baccano. All are going pretty strong so far. Watched Death Parade this week too, I enjoyed it a lot.

I've got a small backlog of shows I've started but not finished, anyone fancy convincing me to finish any of them? I like them all so far so I will eventually get around to all of them but I need to prioritise.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Chihayafuru
    Diamond no Ace
    Hanasaku Iroha
    Kill la Kill
    Monster
    Natsume Yuujinchou
    Nichijou
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan
    That's a tough one, as they're all brilliant (the ones I've seen at least, can't comment on Natsume Yuujinchou or Daiya no Ace).

I'd go with Nichijou first out of those listed, few series have made me laugh so much so consistently. Or if you're feeling like something with more plot, Monster is definitely worth sticking with despite the slow build-up. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Kill la Kill are fairly similar in terms of OTT action, style and ecchi levels, but I'd prioritise the former. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    That's a tough one, as they're all brilliant (the ones I've seen at least, can't comment on Natsume Yuujinchou or Daiya no Ace).

I'd go with Nichijou first out of those listed, few series have made me laugh so much so consistently. Or if you're feeling like something with more plot, Monster is definitely worth sticking with despite the slow build-up. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Kill la Kill are fairly similar in terms of OTT action, style and ecchi levels, but I'd prioritise the former. :yes:
    Cheers. Nichijou is very funny but I seem to watch an episode then not move onto the next one because I don't want to rush through it, but I end up forgetting about it for ages.

How was Assassination Classroom, I fell a few episodes behind towards the start but never bothered to catch up, worth a watch?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    How was Assassination Classroom, I fell a few episodes behind towards the start but never bothered to catch up, worth a watch?
    A lot of the episodes followed the same old formula of 'someone tries to assassinate Koro-sensei, ends up growing to like him instead', though as the series goes on the characters develop a lot, and the plot has it's moments. Normally I'd say it would be worth a watch, though having seen the other things on your backlog, I wouldn't prioritise it highly. :nah:

ReputationRep:
    I feel I've watched everything good there is to watch in anime now.
    Kinda sad since my exams finished and was looking forward to anime hunting/watching.

Got any recommendations.
    I like ones in which we follow the progress of the main character but anything you say i'll check out for sure guys.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Abzey_97)
    I feel I've watched everything good there is to watch in anime now.
    Kinda sad since my exams finished and was looking forward to anime hunting/watching.

Got any recommendations.
    I like ones in which we follow the progress of the main character but anything you say i'll check out for sure guys.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I feel I have the opposite problem - too many interesting series to watch, not enough time...

Here's my best suggestions, but if they're no good, let me know about any genre preferences you have or other series you've enjoyed, and I'll try again.

Monster - Some of the greatest plot and character development I've seen in anime, though it tells the story from the point of view of different characters, not just the main protagonist.

Now and Then, Here and There - A particularly energetic and optimistic shounen lead in a particularly bleak and depressing post-apocalyptic world. Not one to watch if you prefer lighter or happier series, though.

Witch Hunter Robin - Might be a bit biased because I'm watching it at the moment, but I'd recommend it for the interesting characters and atmosphere. Plot isn't bad either, assuming the final episode I'm about to watch doesn't disappoint...

Legend of the Galactic Heroes - Like Monster, it excels at storytelling and character development. A bit longer, but all that time is put to good use.

Kemono no Souja Erin - Thinking about it, this one probably fits your 'following the progress of the main character' brief more than the others. Very underrated, in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Many thanks:yes:

Before I begin checking them out are all of them ongoing? As I cant bear to watch something that has ended.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Abzey_97)
    Many thanks:yes:

Before I begin checking them out are all of them ongoing? As I cant bear to watch something that has ended.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    All long finished, I'm afraid. :sadnod: I'm more used to people asking for complete series than ongoing ones.

There's only 1-2 weeks left in the current anime season, so most ongoing series will cease to be ongoing very shortly. Here's my preview thread with a full list of what's starting in early July, but out of the few that are continuing for another season, I'm watching the following:

Arslan Senki - The original story is based on novels by the same author as Legend of the Galactic Heroes that I suggested before, but it has a medieval/fantasy setting rather than sci-fi. Plenty of interesting characters, and highly recommended. :yes:

Shokugeki no Souma - Over-the-top cooking anime, with crazy food reactions. A bit fanservice-heavy, though.

Ore Monogatari!! - Romantic comedy with an unorthodox male lead. Plenty of comedy and cute moments, but not a lot else so far.

ReputationRep:
    All long finished, I'm afraid. :sadnod: I'm more used to people asking for complete series than ongoing ones.

There's only 1-2 weeks left in the current anime season, so most ongoing series will cease to be ongoing very shortly. Here's my preview thread with a full list of what's starting in early July, but out of the few that are continuing for another season, I'm watching the following:

Arslan Senki - The original story is based on novels by the same author as Legend of the Galactic Heroes that I suggested before, but it has a medieval/fantasy setting rather than sci-fi. Plenty of interesting characters, and highly recommended. :yes:

Shokugeki no Souma - Over-the-top cooking anime, with crazy food reactions. A bit fanservice-heavy, though.

Ore Monogatari!! - Romantic comedy with an unorthodox male lead. Plenty of comedy and cute moments, but not a lot else so far.
    Many thanks again!!!

Ill be sure to check those out. Thank you for giving me your time.:top:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.